main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi training and the new kid...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ScottAlmighty, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottAlmighty

ScottAlmighty Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Hey, I'm new to the EU (I've read only two novels, working on my third. I did Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, Rogue Planet, and now Cloak of Deception. Now, I'm looking for something that has an incite into the Jedi way of life. The code, the ethics, the training, the etc...

What would be the BEST book to read, or series of books to read, on the subject?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Since you are reading the PT novels then I suggest the Jedi Apprentice books. It is JA that deals with Obi-Wan's training, or is that Jedi Quest? Either way, both Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest deal with the training of the padawans.

3. Jedi_Horn_888

Jedi_Horn_888 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2002
    I agree. The Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest books are probably the best way to find out about prequel Jedi training techniques. However, for post-OT, try the Jedi Academy trilogy or I, Jedi. SotE also has a bit of Jedi philosophy in it, including how-to-make-a-lightsaber.

Horn out

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Prequel era, try the two series Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest along with Jedi Council: Acts of War and Cloak of Deception. New Republic era, try Jedi Academy, I, Jedi, Dark Empire II, Empire's End, Junior Jedi Knights, and Young Jedi Knights. Tales of the Jedi era, try Golden age of the Sith, Fall of the Sith Empire, Tales of the Jedi (aka Knights of the Old Republic), The Freedon Nadd Uprising, Dark Lords of the Sith, The Sith War, and Redemption. For the Galactic Civil War era, Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker (aka A New Hope) and The Empire Strikes Back. These last two are movie novelizations, but novelizations include things which don't appear in the movies and which are EU material. After all, Luke has to make the trench run twice in the novelization but only once in the movie. The ESB novelization shows more of what Luke had to go through when training with Yoda than the movie does.

5. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Welcome to EU! :)

Well those three prequel books are really good for Jedi stuff, and are really cool reads. If I remember right, Cloak of Deception had a bit of Jedi information, and heaps of Jedi action! :D The New Jedi Order is really good for insight into the way that the new Jedi Order is run, and Traitor deals with lots of philosophical Jedi issues. But don't read NJO unless you're into post-RotJ EU.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.