main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Training

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vorn-Kalo, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorn-Kalo

Vorn-Kalo Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    What does a Jedi's training consist of? any thoughts on this topic are welcome.

2. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    It consists of a great many things. Lightsaber training, hand-to-hand combat training, studying history, politics and various other areas of academia, a basic knowledge in healing (if I'm not mistaken), study of the Force itself and how to use it, meditation and, finally, a set of Trials chosen by the Council to be completed by a Padawan before they become a Knight. There are also various "field learning experiences" (i.e. missions) on various planets throughout the galaxy.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    And, um, not running into Durge, lets be honest.

4. Vorn-Kalo

Vorn-Kalo Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    hm that helps, anyone have any more information?

5. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "And, um, not running into Durge, lets be honest."

He's dead Excellence, you needn't fret over him anymore. :p

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I saw no body. Did you? His legacy alone could slay the top masters of the order. :p

7. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    In the NJO, it's being a sanctimonius bore that ruminates on how best to serve the peons and use the Force to guide you.

Guide you to morose droning about how life sucks. This is followed by a somewhat challenging weekend retreat of falling to the darkside (quite like a force "enema") and then returning, cleansed, and cattier and more snide than ever, to the "light" whereupon you kill lots of people with impunity because hey, is there really such a thing as right or wrong? Who cares about the little people anyway? You've got elections to rig, planets to blow up, dogfights to fight, lightsabers to twirl with talking "jedi trash". Now cleansed, you can make ill-informed, all emcompassing comments about Darth Vader, who died decades before your birth, and how you won't end up "ilke him", because falling to the darkside is passe, like big hair bands, and only weirdos do that, out of the earshot of Master Luke, that is.

8. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    If you can find it, try the Tales of the Jedi Companion and the Jedi Academy Sourcebook, both by WEG. Considering their age and the fact that WEG lost the liscence thanks to haveing to file Chapter 11 a while back, it's a little bit harder to find these without trying to get them online at places like ebay. WotC's Power of the Jedi Sourcebook probably also has some info on it.

9. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    What do you mean by chapter 11? A legal term?

10. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    He means the company went bankrupt.

11. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I see . . .

And you call yourselves rabid Star Wars fans?! You should have bought all available paraphernalia. Hmmph!

12. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    I remember reading something about there being a class in sort of theoretical force studies. Like radical sort of ways of looking at the force, diffrent philosophies. Or at least exposure to thoese ideas.

13. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    And you call yourselves rabid Star Wars fans?! You should have bought all available paraphernalia. Hmmph!

Nope, that was not why they went bankrupt. At the time they went bankrupt they had apparently gone into a partnership with some Italian designer shoe company. The shoe company went belly up big time and as their partner WEG had to help pay off all their debts. That is what caused them to file Chapter 11. They'd been pretty succesful with their Star Wars line for around a decade and I've got a list of stuff they were planning on releasing just before their problems began. Their still around, although I don't think they look as yet like what they once were.

As for the Jedi Training, also try WEG's Galaxy Guide 9: Fragements from the Rim. Most of the tenth chapter is lessons for Jedi students.

14. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    My theory had better flavour, K.

15. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Sure it did. And I'm sure there's a bridge you want to sell to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.