main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Jedi Training

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Yoda taught Dooku
    Dooku taught Qui-Gon Jinn
    Qui-Gon taught Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Obi-Wan taught Anakin

Seems to me that Yoda and Obi-Wan have something in common... both have lost apprentices to the Dark Side.

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    yes, and they both died. there's another.
    and they both used the force. they both were Jedi. They both breathe in the same type of atmospheres. both carry lightsabers. both..... etc., etc...

BUT... yes it is interesting the Lucas set it up that the two (Yobi-Wan and Oda) we see in the classic trilogy both lost apprentices to the wiles of a seductive Sith lord.

Wonder if that was in the grand plan from the start?

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Almost sounds like it could be a Jerry Springer show title. "You stole my apprentice and my great-great-grand apprentice!"

4. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Joe-Da, I think it is too similar to be a coincidence. The only two Jedi mentioned in the original trilogy till Luke comes along both failed at some point. Perhaps this is why Yoda does not want to take on the responsibility for training Luke initially... ?Too old, too old to begin training.? Obi-Wan tells Luke that he failed, ?...thought I could train him ( Anakin ) as well as Yoda, I was wrong.? Does this mean Obi-Wan doesn?t know of Yoda?s failure with Dooku? He was unconscious when the confrontation between Dooku and Yoda takes place in AotC... Just a few more random thoughts.

Entropy, not to sound like a complete alcoholic... I believe it is spelled Darth Tequila.

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

5. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I figure Yoda taught so many Jedi for so many years, there's probably not a Jedi alive that didn't have Yoda at least as a "First Teacher."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.