main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Trials, all stand for Judge Ima Soe Confused

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by tekmaster, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekmaster

tekmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2003
    The Jedi Trials, (sigh). Are these simply a large standerdized test with the No.2 pencil and the crazy little bubbles that you can never quite fill in perfectly, or is it a test of your force powers and if you use them appropriatly? If it is to test thier knowledge of the force, do they know that they are being tested, or is it a secret suprise type thing?

Would you answer this question for a Klondike Bar?

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Would you answer this question for a Klondike Bar?

Give me that Klondike bar, and I'll see what I can do. 8-}

Every trial that is taken is different for every Jedi. I think that some know they are being tested, but most are taken by surprise, and the Jedi Council sees how they react. I'm not exactly sure, but I think that in the Trials, the Council takes the padawan's weakness, and test them on it. There's lightsaber dueling, Force using and such to test their powers. Many times, the padawans are sent on a (solo or not) mission to test their skills as a Force user, lightsaber dueler, and negotiator. :D Nice thread title, btw. 8-}

Are these simply a large standerdized test with the No.2 pencil and the crazy little bubbles that you can never quite fill in perfectly

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Those bubbles are crazy...

3. tekmaster

tekmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2003
    those bubbles are crazy.

Thanks for the information, more is greatly appriciated.

2 answers=2 klondike bars

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Are there any Klondike bars with almonds?

I do think it tests not only your skills and inclinations, probing your weaknesses as well as your commitment to the Jedi lifestyle... but I also think the Trials are tailored to each individual.

Most of all, I think each Jedi is called upon to face him or herself, is given the choice between the Light and the Dark. (The ultimate test that Luke faced; attack the Emperor out of anger, kill Vader and become strong in the Dark Side? He chose to refrain, not to become like them. Which made him more vulnerable, but his choice was the Light. Which made him a Jedi Knight.)

5. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    One of my favorite stories on the subject of the trials took the position that the entire scenario of TPM was the trial. It starts at the end of what we see in the film, then Obi-Wan wakes up to the applause of the Jedi Council for his outstanding completion of the test. They share with him the little mistakes that they had made and he avoided. (One of them stranded Anakin somewhere, another wound up making out with the handmaidens, etc.) Of course, Qui-Gon had never really died either and was very pleased with his apprentice. It was a cute and humorous piece.

I don't think this answer rates a Klondike bar, but it might give you the inspiration to find a fresh idea yourself. The author was Darth Diebin, BTW, and no, I couldn't find it archived anywhere. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.