main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi uniform

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by frame3_13, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frame3_13

frame3_13 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    Okay, remember in RotJ, Luke's jedi uniform, that all black get up with the cloke and hood? Why does he wear that as opposed the très monastic robes that Obi Wan and company sport in the prequals?

Personally, I always liked the all black take on the uniform. It's understated yet says, "I WILL open a can of light side on your ass."

Anyway, any thoughts?

2. General_Kor

General_Kor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    The Jedi don't really have a standard uniform, they more or less where whatever they want, although the robes Obi Wan are seen in seem to be fairly common. Luke's black outfit was used in RotJ to show that he was edging a bit closer to evil, and to connect him with Vader, same with the black glove on his right hand. As for the in universe explanation: I'm not exactly sure, maybe he was in some sort of mourning for his father.

3. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    i was always baffled that Yoda let Ayla Secura get away with her "i wear this because i'm hot" outfit(or lack therof)

4. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I think that the Saga demonstrates that there is no such thing as a Jedi uniform. Jedis dress in simple attire, which is why Owen dresses similar to Jedi.

5. Sanjiro

Sanjiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    i was always baffled that Yoda let Ayla Secura get away with her "i wear this because i'm hot" outfit(or lack therof)

haha. yeah. i was saying this to my friend and his answer was "maybe she used to be a stripper."

i didn't buy it.

6. xah44

xah44 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    Another way of looking at it is that Luke was the chosen one because his fashion sense at last brought balance back to the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.