Jedi v Sith

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Xander_Bas, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander_Bas Jedi Padawan

This is one scene I would love to see in epiii. The two top Jedi against the two Sith Lords.

It could be when the Jedi Temple is being over run with Clone Troopers. Mace and Yoda are in the hanger bay seeing off the transports of young Jedi accompanied by senior members. Darth Sidious and Darth Vader would appear in the hanger just as a transport is leaving. Mace and Yoda exit a star ship and tell a senior Jedi like Ki-Adi-Mundi to get the children to safety. They choose to fight as this is their opportunity to rid the galaxy of the Sith once more.

The fight is intense and even as would be expected. It is a long battle which swings in favour of both Jedi and Sithk. Mace shows tremendous sabre abilities and how powerful he actually is. But ofcourse in the end he is killed.

Im not sure how he would die but i would say at the hands of Darth Sidious I dont think Vader would be able to beat him at this young age (although potentially he would ofcourse but he is yet to reach his full potential). Or maybe something could happen to Yoda so Mace must fight both of them on his own and after putting up a good fight is struck down. Sidious and Vader would then think both Yoda and Mace to be dead.

It is important to show how good Mace is but ofcourse he has to die at some stage. Mace's death and the temples destruction is a symbol of the death of the Jedi Order.
  2. Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    that is an absolutly PERFECT idea, i had a similar idea but it was just vader vs mace, with yoda escaping, i like yours much better, it explains why yoda would be thought dead, without having another showdown, and maybe yoda could get knocked outta the fight with some force lightning from sidious, and mace takes on vader in suit and palps with a lightsabre, now that would be awesome, i also think its very very important to show how great and powerful mace windu actually is, and this scenario would do it perdectly!
  3. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    I like that scenario, it would be very cool to see a 2 on 2 battle. I also like the idea of having the Sith (and the fans) believe that Yoda died in EP3, it would blend in with the OT better and make it a shock for first time OT viewers when they see Yoda in ESB.
  4. LordMaul99 Force Ghost

star 1
    Firstly, Mace is not the 1 or 2 top Jedi, b/c he DIES(YESSSS).
    The 2 top Jedi would be Obi-Wan, #1, Yoda.
  5. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    If Sidious uses a lightsaber, I'm turning in my copies of the movies.
  6. Xander_Bas Jedi Padawan

LordMaul99, how is Obi more powerful than Mace, Mace and Yoda are head of the Council so how is Obi better. Although he is my favourite character he got his arse kicked by Dooku and Mace is meant to be better than Dooku

stormcloud8, all Jedi and Sith must have used a lightsabre when they were growing up and learning the ways of the Force so why cant Sidious have one? No one expected Yoda to use one but look at how successful that was.

7. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Palpatine's true power is in the manipulation of others. A lightsaber would seem beneath him. He doesn't need it. He has others as his weapon...first Darth Maul, later Darth Vader are his weapons. He commands others to carry out his evil.

And sometimes he roasts people with finger sparks when he decides to get his hands dirty.

Also, in ROTJ he calls Luke's lightsaber a "Jedi's weapon."
  8. Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, doesn't he tell Luke that he will not need it. Also, why does he let Vader carry around one?
  9. Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    There are long debates on the subject of whether Sideous should use a lightsabre. Please discuss the specifics of your opinion there.

Although I have to agree with the sentiment that Sideous' true powers are in using others. I'll leave it at that.

That said, this situation could work with a minor tweak. Yoda and Mace see Dooku and Sideous and maneuver to engage. Dooku steps forward creating a front; some sort of verbal exchange about two Jedi masters versus one Sith - seems hardly fair. With a smirk, Sideous introduces Darth Vader who steps forward to join Dooku; the battle begins. . .

But now that I think about it, I doubt it will happen that way - as neat as it would be to see a 2-vs-2 Sith vs Jedi battle.

10. ForceMaster101 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It wouldn't be Vader though. It would be Dooku and Dooku dies to Yoda and then Sidious kills Mace and escapes.
  11. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    "Yoda and Mace see Dooku and Sideous and maneuver to engage. Dooku steps forward creating a front; some sort of verbal exchange about two Jedi masters versus one Sith - seems hardly fair. With a smirk, Sideous introduces Darth Vader who steps forward to join Dooku; the battle begins. . . "

Can't happen there Mech, the rule of 2, although it would be cool if Palps introduces Vader to Mace, and Vader and Mace procede to have one motha facka battle
  12. Xander_Bas Jedi Padawan

This would happen after Dooku is killed, i hope by Anakin which he would kill out of hate and drive him to the dark side and turn him into Vader.

The Sith evolved from the Jedi so i lightsabre is a Jedi's weapon but it is also a Sith's weapon too. Why else would they all use one then, Maul was never a Jedi unlike Vader and Tyrannus but he kicks butt with one.
  13. LordMaul99 Force Ghost

star 1
    Xander_, where does it say Mace was meant to be better than Dooku??? His fighting stylle is close to the sith fihting style, but I have yet to see where it says he is "meant" to be better than Dooku.

As far as Obi-Wan goes, welllll, he does survive the Jedi purge, defeat the chosen one, & Anakin's cunning prowes which i hope we get to see in Episode III.
  14. TheWombat Jedi Master

star 4
    Firstly, Mace is not the 1 or 2 top Jedi, b/c he DIES

Faulty logic there. ObiWan survives because ObiWan hides. He would have died the same as the rest, IMO. I'm not saying he's not one of the greatest Jedi, but Mace's reputation is that he's among the greatest, if not the greatest Jedi Warrior (ie combat).

Obi vs Jango = long, drawn out draw
    Mace vs Jango = six second decapitation
  15. Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    true that wombat, mace is far superior to obi wan, and im not trying to detract from obi wan by saying that, its the truth
  16. darthgrendel2003 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    mace is not going out as a punk. i see him sacrificing himself so that perhaps a pregnant padme can escape from vader and the gang, who doesn't know that padme is pregnant of course, or maybe doesn't know that she is even where he is going. yoda and obi wan would be there also, and yoda would insist on staying to cover their escape, but mace would say that yoda is the better teacher and has to instruct luke or leia. reluctantly, yoda leaves with obi wan and padme. then dozens of clone troopers try to swarm mace, he cuts them down, and out steps vader. they have a good fight which vader wins of course, but mace accomplishes his task of making sure the others escape and that vader doesn't capture padme. or i could be wrong.
  17. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice idea there darthgrendel2003, it is nice to see another new member. I stated a post similiar to what you said, check out the thread: "And no desentigrations." as there is debate on how Mace dies.

The following is a quoute from Sammy L.:
    (please note that I got this from tfn e3ns, thread: Topic: JUST THE FACTS - Everything Officially Confirmed About EpIII )

07 Oct, 2002 / SciFi.com Interviews SLJ on Mace Windu's Fate:
    Samuel L. Jackson told SCI FI Wire that he is preparing for his character Mace Windu's big death scene in Star Wars: Episode III. "I know what's going to happen," Jackson said in an interview. "I gotta go there. I gotta die." Jackson went on to explain that he had a lunch meeting with George Lucas last month, during which time he tried to find out details of his character's impending demise. "We were just talking about stuff," Jackson said. "And then [Lucas] finally said, 'Okay, so you know you've got to die. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to kill you yet, because I guess you're the most important guy that's going to die. In the other ones, Obi Wan is still there and Yoda's still alive and Darth is still there.' So I become the most important character that can die. I guess it's got to be pretty dynamic. So he's working that out."

Thus when Mace does bite it he does in a dynamic style, with meaning to the entire arc of the triology
  18. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I think it would be kind of cool if Mace sacrificed himself like that. It would also be pretty sad. The trouble is it wouldn't explain why Obi-Wan got to go to safety. You'd think that if the Jedi planned it so only two of them would escape, they'd want it to be Mace and Yoda watching over the children.
  19. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Do you really think that they planned it for that all but two of them would die.

Besides they nearly all bought it at Genosis
  20. Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Lest we stray too far from the original question . . . but I want to address one thought brought up by the honorable Dark Lady Mara - that of selecting Mace and Yoda to protect the twins via selection.

Keeping in mind the excellent point raised by Ghost_Jedi, that they didn't plan any selection of Yoda and Obi-wan.

Yet, I bet that we may see some sort of heavy responsibility on Obi-wan's shoulders for care of the twins . . . only because Obi-wan is Anakin's master.

If my understanding is correct, that master and padewan form a bond similar to father and son, than it would seem natural for Obi-wan to assume care for his "son's" children. I would think that both Yoda and Mace would agree.

Yes, it would seem more logical that Mace survive and become ward over the children, yet, thankfully, the Jedi are not Vulcans.

This * could * be a very emotional scene if done right . . . but that has yet to be seen.

. EDITS: Dad-burn spelling errors . . . ;)
  21. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    That's a very good point. :) So maybe it would make sense for Mace to provide cover for Obi-Wan.
  22. vikingjedi1 Jedi Master

star 2
    Mace has to be killed by Boba Fett IMO. Mace killed Boba's father, so he should be the one who kills Mace.

Personally I would like to see Yoda vs. Sidious one on one. If that doesnt happen it will be one of the biggest mistakes in the history of Star Wars.

Remember in ROTJ Yoda tells Luke not to underestimate the emperor. To me thats saying that they have battled before.
  23. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    VikingJedi it does not make sense for Master Jedi Mace Windu of the Jedi Council, to be killed by a 13 yr. old boy :mad:
    It is important for thearc of the 2 triologies for AnaVader to kill Mace as it will show credence of AnaVader being the great swordsman/ rich in midochlorians(sp?) that we are told about by Ben. For all you screaming fanboys you say AnaVader hasn't looked so tough yet, and a bit clumsy with the light saber, just wait for epIII.

not to self: breath deep, breath deep
  24. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Mech-E, that is a point i did not think about, the quasi-father-son relationship, makes sense, and yoda is also in their padawan family tree
  25. vikingjedi1 Jedi Master

star 2
    Boba Fett can kill Mace with his father's ship (he knew how it worked in AOTC). I still think Mace is a traitor, JMO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.