main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi vs. Sith #4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xenomaniac, Jul 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    Anyone get it? What did you think?

2. Trekkie101

Trekkie101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2001
    I'm still waiting on #3 from TFAW. It shipped last thursday apparently.

3. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I'll go and get the issue tomorrow as I have a couple other little errands I'd like to get done then. The series is going rather well, but I hope we see some of these epic battles sometime soon.

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Spoilers..

Without a doubt, the best issue yet. I'm astounded at how much character developpment has occured over the course of only 4 issues. And yes, we see quite a titanic battle, and the coming of Lord Falfalla as well.

5. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Hmm, then I suppose I'll definitely make sure to go out and pick this one up as that's exactly what I've been waiting for.

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I got it. :)

Haven't read it yet, but I will tonight. ;)

~*~Bria

7. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    Who's bright idea was it to make Farfalla's ship look like the freaking Mayflower? And if the Sith are blockading the planet, why are they losing the ground battle? If they have aerospace superiority, why not delegate some of thier ships for ground support?

By the way, if you're thinking of seeing Jurasic Park 3, save your money. it's even worse than 2.

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Hey, I liked Jurassic Park 3!!

And drat, I forget to go get JVS4. Dratdratdrat! :(

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey!3Was the lost World done right. :p

10. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I'm not an EU expert so I was a bit puzzled by Farfalla's feet. There's centaurs in the EU?

11. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Well... the ship bothered me too. Made me think of Peter Pan. :p

I have to wonder how much time elapses between 4 and 5...

~*~Bria

12. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Going in, I thought this series was going to be all cartoony happy-happy jedi do gooder stuff. Then I realized that it had decapitations! Yay!

13. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    haha. what jedi bib said!

i did like how the rest of the sith are too foolish to follow Bane, but Tomcat seemed to of went over way too easily. other than that....i also disliked the peterpan/mayflower looking ship.

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I got it today.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

I hope Rain is able to stay away from the Dark Side, and the dream doesn't come true!

Edit: And I agree about the ship! YUCK! :(

15. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    The ship stuck out like a sore thumb. I sort of disagree about Tom. I saw his Dark side tendencies from issue 1. He was just too rash. I guess I sort of expected it, so when it happened it made sense to me.

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I also hope Rain doesn't turn.

I don't have a problem with Tomcat turning, but when the moment came it just seemed... forced to me.

~*~Bria

17. Anakin_Skywalker_20

Anakin_Skywalker_20 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2001
    I have just heard of Jedi vs Sith. What is it about? Don't worry about spoiling me because I don't mind!

~Skywalker

18. Bria

May 15, 1999
    It's a Star Wars comic that takes place 1,000 years before ANH. It is six issues, and in it the Sith and the Jedi battle eachother.

The story centers on 3 Force sensitive kids who were thrown in the middle.

I hope that helps. I'd say more, but I've got to get off.

~*~Bria

19. Darth_Dolza

Darth_Dolza Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2000
    I thought this issue was decent. I also thought the whole galleon thing was sort of out of place, but it did underscore the "style over substance" vibe you got from its captain (can't remember his name right now).

I agree that Tom was teetering on the edge of darkenss before this issue, so his turn didn't really surprise me.

20. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Here's the review I posted on the Dark Horse message boards:

Wow, it's really boring here at work, and not much activity on the forums, so I thought I'd postg a thread for your thoughts about JvS 4. I just got it today, and it's living up to my expectations for the series. I like the way it fits into established continuity, perhaps better than any other series we've seen lately outside of the Ongoing. A few minor gripes, such as the golden Peter Pan ship that looked completely out of place. There is almost more of a Chronicles of Narnia feel with the battles, ships, and characters in this series than a Star Wars feel. That one Jedi was a faun! I like the series, though, and hope it keeps up with the good things. I also don't see what's happening with Rain. All she does is float around with the bouncer guys, and so far, I can't see where that's going. I assume something will come out of it though, so I'll reserve judgement about that until the end of the series. I wasn't at all surprised that Tom turned to the Dark Side, he had it coming. It was nice to see a nod to the Marvel comics with that lightwhip thing. Lumiya, wasn't it? All in all a good series, and complements the Dark Forces story nicely. I suppose I'd like it better if it felt a little more like Star Wars than something out of a C S Lewis book. Not that I have anything agains C S Lewis, but he just doesn't fit in Star Wars. I suppose the change in mood and feeling is a good change, however, and I applaud DH's effort.

21. Anakin_Skywalker_20

Anakin_Skywalker_20 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2001
    Thanks for the info guys. Ithink I'm gonna go pick me up a copy!

~Skywalker

22. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Uhh... that'd be FOUR copies. there are 4 issues.

Did anyone else notice Charny's first name was Kiel? As in Kyle Katarn? Maybe he is the ancestor of Katarn they told us about awhile ago.

EDIT: just thought of something else.
    Let's keep in mind how this whole thing is going to end: all the jedi are dead and all but two (Bane and either Tom or Rain, but probably rain) of the sith are dead. EVERYONE WILL DIE! Don't get your hopes up. Oh, and Ruusan dies as well so say goodbye to those little puffy mashmellow cloud things.

23. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Hey, stop depressing us!!

24. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    well actually the Floaters aren't completely wiped out. They survive the destruction and later on help Kyle Katarn find the Valley of the Jedi

25. Bria

May 15, 1999
    ARGH! Spoilers! :eek:

I don't want to know what happens in the next two issues! I just came here for discussion on #4! :(

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.