main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi vs Sith prequel movie idea

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by backdeskproductions, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    [face_worried]

It is to be hoped that:

a.) People will like this OK, and

b.) It will be FILMABLE.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    If anything is really screwed up, we can blame it on a middle ear infection, outer ear infection and a ruptured eardrum and the fact that I'm on four medications for that and then two more for other stuff.

Though I have to pin the blame/credit for the thrilling chase scene on LLL.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    I am going to reread everything and then get back to you. I got lost after all of the discussions... ;)

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Just reminding all to weigh in on the rewrite if you want to over in the Fanfiction Resource forum.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    Is there a website for this project? That can help get more folks get involved, as well, help this project and cast & crew connects...

6. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    That's a great idea, but I certainly can't build one.

It's all I can do to get my author-husband one.

7. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    WHAT'S HAPPENING! 9/24/08

(Happy fall.)

The baton has now passed to RX_Sith, who will be rewriting Part Four forthwith.

8. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    ...and so it shall be done...

http://droidsquest.forummate.com/general-adq-discussion-vf2.html

I request that we all use the same usernames in that forum...

Anyone who would like administrator access to it, just let me know.

<edit> FYI, Jed, I ganked a still from your opening crawl as the site logo, I figured you wouldn't mind...

9. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Okie-dae, mesa registerated oberr dare.

10. drewjmore

Aug 15, 2007
    Yousa shall be... pyooneesh'd. ;)

Having mod powers over the content over there is worth it, I've set the typical rules up to be very liberal, e.g. no edit-time limits. The site also allows UNLIMITED bandwidth and storage, which could be useful once we start producing images in need of critique.

11. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    So, I have a question:

If we have that forum, we don't really need to post over here anymore. First we had here, then we had Resource, now we've got there. It makes no sense to post in three places.

So should we just shut these threads down and only post there?

12. drewjmore

Aug 15, 2007
    Might be a bit premature for that: I see three registered users other than me and the google-bots. Furthermore, I think there is some benefit to the occasional participation of the uncommitted TFN members who drop in from time to time.

I feel what you're saying though: it's already a mess to try and blanket these two TF.N threads, and ADDING a new location to in which replicate information is going to become a burden. Again my gut says wait and see:

...what does the rest of this team think about using that off-site?

I think it provides a fertile location that will allow us to evolve into a real production crew as well as fulfill our need for a public, front-end, propaganda mouthpiece.

<edit> Correction, 4 users.

Another thought, if we move the bulk of the discussions to the off-site, and then clone only the real results (script portions, sketches, pre-visualizations, etc) back here and in the resource thread...we'll make it much easier for the casual TFN reader to keep up with us...not as much messy multi-party dialog for them to read here.

13. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    Since the mods wont let us post a topic strictly limited to the script because we already have this topic... i think its a good idea. I'll join soon. I'm majorly busy at work.

14. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    I've bookmarked it, and will check it every now and then. As for now, I can only hope this baby gets further than fonts on a FFFFFF background.

I am serious, this thing has gotten further than any other project idea like this, but have we even gotten any directors that are actually planning to do anything?

15. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    I guess the best thing to say at this point is that no director has "signed on" and is completely and utterly committed to doing anything yet. But there are those who are planning on directing. ;)

16. drewjmore

Aug 15, 2007
    Tames, Backdesk and ElectroFilms are all on record as willing to direct something.

The writers have put in some significant time, and have produced some scenes that are worth shooting-- with more on the way. As long as a sizable fraction of everyone else who has said that they want to help actually does so, this thing WILL happen.

Let me play the visionary for a moment...
    How many of us have delusions of grandeur? I do, for one. I have a reasonably successful career, and yet I can't help but hope that someday someone will notice the work I am doing in amateur film-effects and indulge my delusions.

Presumably we all have similar dreams as we pursue this slightly-odd hobby.

Now, if I were an up-and-coming producer with a budget-- building a new crew to tackle a barely-realistic, effects-heavy film project-- I'd be looking for some people like us (that is YOU, reading this) who can show that they've actually taken a risk or two, accepted some responsibility and done some of the hard work of making something like A Droid's Quest happen. That's why I jumped into this discussion originally, and why I continue to be active in it. The writers have really stepped up...I guess what I'm saying is we all need to sign on to their delusions and commit ourselves to finishing what we've got started here. I can't say what the reward, if any, will be, other than a brief glimpse of grandeur.

17. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    Reading all the points made here, I propose that we:

• Do all discussion that requires the participation of everybody involved so far over there.

• As suggested, put only updates over here. However, since that forum is for everybody on the project, we still have the Resource thread for the writers over there, and the writers live over there anyway,

• Leave discussion that pertains to the writing team only on Resource.

Then, when the script is done, we'll just put "Gee, whiz" updates on the Resource thread from time to time, and the filmmaking team will hang out on the new forum.

Thoughts?

18. drewjmore

Aug 15, 2007
    100% agree, LLL.

19. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006

20. drewjmore

Aug 15, 2007

21. SaintTames

SaintTames Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2008

22. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Since the only 2 people holding the db info on aurellia is You Ben/Timmy/whatever and Mike, we can't install the new system yet, but it's been proved and tested using our core site on another domain.

And to be fair, you did try to quit, but you then said you'd do it after all.

However, this is a PM matter, not a public harassement issue. Sorry for bringing it up, I just thought it was kinda necessary to let people know you appear dedicated at first.

I'm willing to let it all slide if you can PM me the DB details though :p

23. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Well I hope everyone is ready for the long haul. It will be at least a year before a single frame is shot, maybe even longer.

Assuming the script is done before the end of the year, we will have to get our directors locked, find actors, props, costumes, build sets, scout locations...the list goes on and on and on. Right now we have half a script and an effects team with nothing to do.

The chances of this actually happening are small and the chances of it actually being any good are even smaller. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2 years when I've finished film school that nothing has been shot.

Even with the directors, it's not a case of who volunteers, it's a case of who is actually capable of doing good work and shooting with characters that aren't even there. It's the same with the actors.

With BOT alone, you would ideally have the effects team on set but that simply won't be possible. The story itself also poses a problem as it isn't geared towards a multi-shoot production.

Make no mistake, this hasn't even started to get hard yet...and believe me, it will.

Understand, I'm not saying this because I think the project is doomed to fail, I'm saying it because it's going to be a huge task and if anyone isn't fully committed then they should walk away now.

24. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007

25. drewjmore

Aug 15, 2007
    Cool. Was it something I'd have seen? (that you directed)

26. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    not unless ur in a 60 mile radius of Lima, Ohio. [face_thinking]
    Yeah I just started on monday. Hopefully things go well.[face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.