Jedi vs Sith, Whose more powerful ???

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthBellikose, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBellikose Force Ghost

star 1
    I cant find any recent debate on this but do you think that the Sith seem more powerful than the Jedi?

My reasons for this are:

1. It took 2 Jedi to kill one Sith apprentice (Maul) and he managed to kill one of those.

2. One Sith Lord was able to diminish the powers of the entire Jedi Council.

3. The Sith managed to wipe out nearly all of the Jedi.

4. Dooku was able to beat 2 Jedi in one lightsaber duel.

Another point is that the Sith always seem to have 'cooler' lightsabers than the Jedi. Maul had a double ended blade, Dooku had the angled lightsaber. They also seem to dress with more style than the Jedi. Why is this.
  2. Scott3eyez Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the Dark Side is more powerful...
  3. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that, given you have the necessary patience and skill, the Light Side is infinitely more powerful than the Dark Side. After all, it *is* far easier to maintain your calm (once you train yourself into first acquiring it, that is) than it is to maintain your anger or hatred (at the same degree) over an indefinite period of time - Which basically is to say that the Light Side is more powerful longterm-wise, and the Dark Side is more powerful short-term-wise.

Now that I've blatantly generalized, let me acknowledge that it also really depends on who we are talking about. I don't think anybody here will argue that Maul is more powerful than Yoda simply because he used the Dark Side. ;)

Aunecah
  4. DarthBellikose Force Ghost

star 1
    What kind of power must Sidious have had to diminish the power of the Jedi.
  5. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who knows? All we know is that he's the baddest mofo in the galaxy and he's proved it time and time again.

The Sith are more poweful because they use the force in an offensive way. The Darkside.

The Jedi use it primarily for defense, there are exceptions though. This is Jedi's main weakness. Yoda could have killed Dooku......
  6. Darth_Crimson Jedi Youngling

^ I agree. Yoda could have shred apart even Sidious/Palpatine, made waste of him.

Jedi use the force in a defensive way.
  7. DarthBellikose Force Ghost

star 1
    Defensive or not, you'd have thought they'd have protected themselves from extinction by the Sith and the Empire
  8. LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Master

star 4
    Well they did (actually several times) for a few thousand years prior to the events of the Saga. Even if u arn't an EU fan, Ki Ad Mundi says "the Sith have been extinct for a millenium" so they were defeated earlier. I think Yoda would still have "pasted" (as Jar Jar would say) Dooku had, there not been two other Jedi lying on the floor with a pillar next to them.
  9. senseless_apprentice Jedi Knight

star 2
    Indeed, if Dooku hadn't used obi and ani as bargaining chips I think Yoda would have killed Dooku for sure. They need him dead. Not just from the their point of view but from ours. If yoda had killed Dooku, it would have been harder for Anakin to be seduced.
  10. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    senseless_apprentice: Why so :confused: I mean, I agree that it would have been better if Dooku was killed, but where does Anakin's fall to the Dark come in here ... ???
    (I'm aware of the Rule of Two - but I think Sidious will choose Anakin over Dooku - even if he was killed - especially if Dooku was killed because then he would need to replenish his store of apprentices. 8-})

Aunecah
  11. ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think that, given you have the necessary patience and skill, the Light Side is infinitely more powerful than the Dark Side

GL himself states in the Episode II audio commentary that the dark-side is the more powerful side, and there is no debating him as he is the creator of the entire SW universe

12. YodaJediMaster12 Force Ghost

star 4
    GL himself states in the Episode II audio commentary that the dark-side is the more powerful side, and there is no debating him as he is the creator of the entire SW universe

In the AOTC audio commentary, Lucas states that the dark side is more powerful because it allows one to use the Force to control and manipulate things. The dark side lets its wielders tap into the full power of the Force and use it for aggression. This makes the Sith more powerful than light side users because of the self-imposed restrictions the Jedi place on themselves and the ways that they can use the Force. The Sith have no such restrictions, and thereby have more access to use (and abuse, for that matter) the Force.

And besides, how can one trust Lucas to know which side of the Force is more powerful when he can't even pronounce the names of people and places in HIS galaxy correctly? 8-} ;)

13. LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Master

star 4
    he's also refered to geonosians as "flying termites" in that commentary. [face_laugh] !
  14. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "And besides, how can one trust Lucas to know which side of the Force is more powerful when he can't even pronounce the names of people and places in HIS galaxy correctly?"

Ha, good point.
  15. ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling

star 4
    And besides, how can one trust Lucas to know which side of the Force is more powerful when he can't even pronounce the names of people and places in HIS galaxy correctly?"

Ah but remember, it is HIS galaxy, if he pronounced Coruscant "Cure-a-skant," then that must be what it really is :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.