main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Jedi Wanted (Jedi Outcast Tournament UPDATE)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by aztrooper0013, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Greetings,

I spoke to the Gateway Marketing rep yesterday, and here's the battle plan thus far:

We will only be doing two stores, PV location (Tatum & Cactus) and Glendale (75th ave & Bell). They are the ones who chose the stores, the reasoning being that these are the two largest ones in the valley.

I will be at the Glendale store with at least one other trooper, an Imperial Officer, and a Boba Fett.

Darth Vader will be at the Paradise Valley location with another Fett, sandtroopers, stormtroopers, royal guard, etc.

I would like to keep the numbers fairly even at each store, so any help you folks could give me in this regard would be most appreciated.

All costumers are invited to attend. This includeds Sith, Expanded Universe, and Rebellion as well as Jedi.

If you would like to take part in this event, please contact me at my email address below.

aztrooper013@aol.com

Thanks.

2. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    I am interested in coming. But even more interested in coming in costume but I do not have a full costume I only have the beggining of a costume. What should I do?

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Greedo, beat Mobius over the head, take his old costume and run. OR ask him nicely if you can borrow it for the day. :D I bet he'll let you if you ask reeeeaaaally nice. ;)

^.^

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Depending on how well I fit into some armor, I will have one or two costumes available for use. I'll be going to the Tatum & Cactus location, but if we get together befor, you can borrow them if you're going to the west side.

One is a green Jedi tunic and black tabbards, with belt and lightsaber. This will fit nearly anyone with a medium build. Add your own pants (I use khaki dockers), and boots, and this one will work for you.

The other is my Rebel Fleet Trooper. The shirt is a large/XL with about a 16 1/2 inch collar. The pants are khaki cargo pants, about 34x32, and I have black boots for it, size 10-10.5 The helmet will fit anyone, and if you have a medium/large frame, it'll work.

If I can fit into this other armor, I'll gladly lend either of these two costumes to anyone who can fit into them. I'd love to see them be used. :D If you want to check into this, please PM me.

OW

5. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Anyone want to go???

What are the final numbers? Please rodger up for sure if you're going to make it and where, and what you'll be wearing.

I still have costumes available if you want to use them.

6. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I wish I could, but I'm scheduled to work that weekend. :(

7. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm there. Due to the sudden change in plans, I'm planning on the PV location. I'll be there in my Queen Amidala White Parade Gown. :)

11 a.m. - 3 p.m. still the game plan?

EDIT 2: Okay, I know of *several* of you that have Jedi costumes. You can't get away so easily. [face_devil] If I don't see you posting here, I'll e-mail you (and possibly even hunt you down - mwahahaha!!) and do my best to recruit! C'mon peoples!! Let's do this! WOOHOO!!

8. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Kevin and gang already know I'll be there. No Mara, starting to show ever so slightly :) So Leia it is! I'll be at the PV location.

MJA

9. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Remind me to bring a camera!!!

10. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I'll be at the Glendale location!

11. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I'll be at PV for the first day. Jedi robes and all.

12. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Or maybe I won't be. Strange things are afoot, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it or not. Besides, I don't have any boots, and Jedi don't wear Nikes.

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Then wear your Doc Martens. :D So long as they're not running shoes, you should be okay. It's just the running shoes that do the rest of the costume severe injustice.

^.^

EDIT: BTW, I've sent a "press release" about this to be posted on the Fan Force Activities page. And, starting tonight, I start e-mailing. [face_devil] ;)

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Master Ronin:

I have some size 10-10.5 boots that I won't be wearing. I'll bring them , along with my RFT costume, just in case.

15. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Is anyone else going to the Glendale store? As it is the P.V. store is going to have a lot of us there.

16. aztrooper0013

Jan 27, 2002

Yes....If some of you could please be kind enough to come out to the Glendale store, it would be much appreciated. The PV store is indeed getting to the point of "cramped".

If you cannot make it out this far, it's okay, and it won't be held against you, but if you can, it would be much appreciated.

If you are planning to attend either store, please email me so I know who's going where.

Thanks again,

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Kevin:

If it looks like the numbers are too heavily swayed towards PV today then we'll see if we can ship a car full of troops over to Glendale.

If nothing else, we can call from PV to the Glendale store and check the numbers.

This should be a good time!!!

18. aztrooper0013

Jan 27, 2002
    I just want to thank those from the PFF that made it out to the Gateway events today.

Your participation was much appreciated.

19. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    No problem! I had a great time getting to meet more troopers. :) I wish we could've had more people come, but sometimes that just happens. Still, we had a good time. Let's do it again!

^.^

P.S. Trooper Amidala rules. ;)

20. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I feel so miserable that I couldn't make it. Although it's probably best I didn't. I would have spent the whole time running to the bathroom. Heh :) I will look forward to seeing the pictures.

MJA

21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yes, must see pictures! :D

Thanks to Jason for letting me be a Scout for a while. It was too cool. :D I'm glad my melon fit into the helmet. ;)

22. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey, are we doing this next Saturday too? Or were we only asked to participate for the one day?

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    good question.

Any answers?

//Bump up//

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.