Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  2. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Back from Texas and ready to wait while editing.

Up from page 2 ( i think it's page 2)

3. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
  4. Innle_of_Obernewtyn

Innle_of_Obernewtyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2002
    Uppity up, uppity uppity up! UP UP UUUUUUUUUP!!! :mad:

5. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    IMPORTANT
    I'm currently looking at three options to fix this fic - option one involves going back and editing EVERY SINGLE post so Tahiri and Anakin seem the ages they're supposed to be, option two is for them to be the original ages they were supposed to be in book one but be 19 and 17 in book two, and finally, option three is to simply change them back to their original ages and take out the one specific scene that required the age change in the first place. I'd like you guys to tell me which option you would prefer, so I can make a final decision. Thanks in advance for letting me know your opinions :). I hope to hear from everyone :).

6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Upping this in the hope of getting opinions

7. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Just make them older for book 2. I think its the easiest thing to do.

8. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    Don't matter that much IMO, but the secund option sounds best. (a.k.a the fastest)

9. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
  10. Ace_Pace

Ace_Pace Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    option 2.

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Ok, looks like the general consensus is option 2. I'm going to go ahead and go with option 2 (no offense to anyone who hasn't voted yet). I still have to edit most of the posts since I wrote a lot of the early stuff a LONG time ago and my writing ability has improved slightly, but I'll start updating again soon

12. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
  13. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Ok, I haven't edited yet, but I guess I'll edit and post at the same time just to keep you guys happy ;). I'll let you know when I get everything edited, but until then here's the next post :).

"Anakin?"

Anakin blinked and glanced up at Erilyn and Tahiri. He had been meditating, but it was clear that they needed his attention. "What?" he queried.

Tahiri had a completely blank look on her face. It was obvious that she was covering shock. Anakin immediatly stood and went to her, wrapping his arms around her supportively. "What is it?"

Tahiri bit her lip and shook her head. When she looked into Anakin's eyes, there wasn't just shock there. There was horror.

"I think you should come look at this," Erilyn said, noting Tahiri's silence.

Anakin, with one arm slung around Tahiri protectively, followed Erilyn into the derelict ship. There were no lights, and the whole thing stank of decay. The ground underfoot was wet, making splashing noises with each step.

Tahiri, for once, looked grateful to not be barefoot. They finally came to a stop before a vast door. The door, unlike the rest of the ship, appeared to be in perfect working order. It was a large circular airlock, looking thick enough to withstand just about anything.

"What do you think it is?" Anakin inquired tentatively.

"There's only one way to find out," Erilyn replied.

Anakin nodded and reached for his lightsaber. After drawing it, he hesitated, then clipped it back to his belt.

"What are you doing?" Erilyn inquired.

Anakin ignored her. He glanced at Tahiri, and saw that she was looking at him uncertainly.

"This door has obviously stood for awhile, if brute force could take it down, it already would be down." He gestured towards the ceiling. He frowned, and examined the writing. "It's an old Jedi Code," he noted. "I remember studying this, but a don't..." he frowned in thought.

"Only they who are meant to enter," Tahiri read, her breath catching in her throat, "may enter."

Anakin felt a chill go down his spine. "How?"

Tahiri bit her lip. "Anakin, it [i]said[/i] -"

"Not to be arrogant, but Master Windu said we're meant to save the galaxy."

"Anakin -"

"Tahiri, give me your hand." Anakin slipped his arm away from Tahiri's shoulders. Tahiri frowned, obviously not following Anakin's train of thought, but she extended her hand nonetheless.

Anakin took a step towards the door, his hand still locked with Tahiri's. The door remained closed. He took another step forward. "Well, I guess it -"

"Welcome, Chosen Ones."

The door hissed open with surprising smoothness for something that had been inactive for so long.

"Erilyn, stay here." There was no answer. "Erilyn?"

Anakin turned around to find Erilyn backing away down the corridor with her club raised. He followed her gaze to find that they were not alone in the hallway.

"I think we're in trouble," he whispered to Tahiri.

Blocking the only exit Anakin knew of was a nightmare.

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    A cliffhanger! Ahhhh! Good post J_A_S!

15. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Anakin's saber came alive with a snap-hiss, bathing the entire corridor in violet light. The second he gripped the saber, he felt a calm wash over him. The Force is my ally.

He knew that he was especially vulnerable, however. The second he lost the saber, for whatever reason, he would be cut off from the Force again.

He would be cut off from everything he was.

His opponent had an obvious tactical advantage to begin with. As Anakin had noted, she was a nightmare. But not a nightmare for any of the typical reasons one would call someone a nightmare.

She wasn't a Rancor, nor a Crystal Serpent. She was human. Not only was she a human, almost any man with two eyes could tell you that she was beautiful. Chillingly beautiful, because there was no warmth to her beauty. Her hair was a fiery red. Her eyes, cold and emotionless icy green.

Anakin didn't recognize the material of her clothing, but it was skintight. And it was black. The darkness seemed somehow fitting, given the black hole she created in the Force.

Other than the skintight full-body suit, she had only a simple pair of Imperail military style boots and a belt from which hung a strange whip-like weapon.

Coldly, emotionlessly, she ignited her lightsaber with a snap-hiss. The crimson blade made the whole effect of her almost surreal.

She smiled. None of the warmth that one normally associated to a smile was present. "I had wondered if you would get the door open. Thank you very much for making my work easier. Now, there are two ways out of this situation. You may disarm yourself, consider yourself and your companions my captives, and allow me to retrieve what I came here for, or," her smile became icier still, and decidedly predatory, "we can fight. The end result will be quite similiar. Either you will be my captives anyway, or you will be dead."

Anakin shifted his blade uneasily in front of him and perpindicular to the ground. "Who are you?" he inquired tentatively.

"My name? You want my name? What use is it to you? You're going to die or disappear forever soon."

Anakin twirled his saber in front of him quickly in a brash and confident gesture. "I don't think so. You seem a tad overconfident."

"Do I? Well, I suppose I am entitled. I, little Jedi, am the last surviving Sith."

Anakin felt the color drain from his face. "A Sith Lady? But that's -"

"Impossible?" she offered.

Anakin shifted his saber nervously. "Who are you?"

"The Dark Star of the Empire," she replied. "My name, Little One, is Lumiya. I was once known as Shira Brie."

Lumiya must've seen the flash of recognition in Anakin's eyes. "I thought you looked like Skywalker. You're related to him." It was not a question, she knew. Anakin supressed an involuntary curse.

Lumiya had been one of the Emperor's Hands, a trained assassin and infiltration operative. She had been sent to infiltrate the Rebel Alliance. During that time, Uncle Luke had fallen in love with her.

Then he had shot down her fighter. It had been entirely on a Force guided instinct, and for good reason. The Dark Side was strong in Shira Brie.

When Luke shot her down, parts of her body had to be replaced by cybernetic enhancements. She had ceased to be Shira Brie, and had become Lumiya. The Dark Star of the Empire.

A Dark Lady of the Sith.

The fact that she had merely been Vader's backup plan to overthrow the Emperor in case Uncle Luke didn't fall to the Dark Side didn't make her any less dangerous. I have a very bad feeling about this.

"And you are?" Lumiya inquired as she circled with her saber raised like a hungry predator.

Anakin raised his chin up high. "My name is Anakin Solo."

Lumiya favored him with an appraising glance. "I see. Well, little Solo, surely you know that the Jedi are cut off from the Force. There is no way you can defeat me."

"We'll see about that." Anakin abruptly charged, swinging his lightsaber in a quick attack at Lumiya's midsection.

Lumiya deftly parried and sweeped her saber in at Anakin. He blocked hi

16. JacenSolo527

JacenSolo527 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Chewbacca needs more love scenes!

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  18. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    YES YES YES YES YES! He has a post.

19. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Hmmm Chewbacca love scenes...kinky

21. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Wow! Great post! more!

22. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    What she said!

23. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
  24. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    ::sneaks in::

UP!!!! :D

::sneaks out::

25. Innle_of_Obernewtyn

Innle_of_Obernewtyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2002
    UUUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuuuUUUUUUUUuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuuuuuPPPPPpppppPPPPPppppP! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.