main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Wariror Bond #1 Every Saga Has A Beginning -- part 4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ginam, Aug 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginam

ginam Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2000
    Master and Padawan bowed and exited. As they walked to the lift neither spoke, both sensing the nervousness and unease of the other, both sensing the anticipation of excitement of the unknown ahead.
    Once inside the lift Qui-Gon took the lead. He was the Master now and it was time to act like one. Giving Obi-Wan instructions, he told the boy to gather his belongings and join him in his guest quarters. Later, pacing the small living room, Qui-Gon's nerves were unsettled until the boy arrived with a single bag of belongings.
    Taking comfort in nominal, ordinary tasks, Jinn ordered the boy to stow the gear in the small bedroom next to his. Then they studied a data screen detailing their first mission. It was at a planet five days from Coruscant and he informed they would take that time to train and join in a working pattern. There would be studies and informal training at all times from Master to Padawan, interspersed with assignments from the Council. It was a big, busy Republic and there was much to do for every Jedi.
    With a sigh Obi-Wan leaned back in his chair. "It's exciting and breathtaking, Master." The subliminal current of the Force confirmed his pleased, eager feelings, but his placid, nonchalant exterior strove for mature acceptance. "But I was wondering something."
    "Yes, Padawan?" Qui-Gon almost held his breath, waiting for the first in years worth of questions, quizzes and ideas. "What is your question?"
    "When can we eat, Master, I'm starving?"
    The green eyes were alight and Jinn smirked, caught cold -- again -- by the precocious youth. "We shall give you your first test, Padawan. We'll see if your skills in the kitchen are any match for your flamboyance in sabre duels."
    With mock deference, Obi-Wan blandly retorted, "No question, Master, you are bound to be disappointed now."
    The evening meal was simple -- bread and fruit -- standard stock for the guess rooms. They ate in silence, cleaned up quickly, and were soon standing by the table, at a loss as to what to do next.
    Qui-Gon made a show of examining the youth's hair. "I think we shall need to give you your mark of a Padawan."
    As a matter of ceremony one of the first acts of service to his Padawan was the Master's duty of fashioning a Padawan braid for Humanoid Jedi. Traditionally most wore their hair long, tied at the back. Relying on the Force to lend deftness to his fingers Qui-Gon braided the longish strands of sandy hair on the right side of Obi-Wan's head. The braid was short, just barely past the ear, but the shortness was an outward sign of the new Padawan and Master team. Over the next months and years the braid, the confidence, the teamwork, would grow. The rest of the fine, light hair he pulled into a tail high in the back. His second Padawan had worn his hair -- long, dark and shiny -- just like this. Qui-Gon frowned.
    "Is something amiss, Master?"
    How could he diplomatically get out of that question? "I believe a shorter style would suit you better, Padawan."
    The shot of a skeptical glance was enough to let the elder know his prevarication had not been accepted.
    Kenobi seemed a little nervous and disappointed. So, there was a bit of vanity in the young man who was probably understandably proud of his attractive hair. As he often did he opted for humor to ease the moment. "As long as you do not sheer it with a lightsabre, Master."
    The dare was too much for his belligerent nature. Just to serve the cheeky boy his just deserts, Qui-Gon challengingly took his sabre from the table and activated the singing emerald blade. "Do you doubt my skills are as good as yours with a lightsabre?" The tone held no hint of mercy.
    Obi-Wan's expression was nothing but sincere. "Never, Master. I am completely in your hands."
    With an adroit flex of his wrist the sizzling blade sliced through the ponytail, leaving hardly enough to be tied. In a stroke of flamboyant expertise Jinn then slashed along the top of Kenobi's head, sheering off the hair to a fractional fuzz on the top. It could have been a dangerous stunt in less skilled hands -- the deadly ener

2. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Hello ginam,

Is this your first time on these boards? A little suggestion for the next Jedi Warrier Bond #- don't scatter your parts. Just post the first part and use the "reply" to add the next part. Please take a look at how other people have posted their stories.

This board moves fast and once your individual parts become scattered, there's no search option to help readers gather them up together.

Another thing you should know is that you lose some formatting and style going directly from fanfiction.net to this forum. Italics are gone so people have used // // to indicate telepathy and * * to indicate personal thoughts. Margins are also mixed up so it might be a good idea to place a blank line in between paragraphs so readers have an easier time reading off the screen. :)

I've read your stories and they're good! I would hate for you to lose an audience due to these little things.

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, this is certainly a different characterisation of Obi-Wan Kenobi than we are used to reading here on TFN. Often, he is portrayed as insecure and lacking in self-confidence. I think I like this version of a funny and charming boy, who is a little arrogant and flashy at times, but who seems to be serious enough underneath. I like this entire story. I especially liked the scene where Qui-Gon took up the challenge and cut his hair with the light saber, then asked himself,"Now who is the show-off?" Please post more, I'm reading avidly!

4. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    That was terrific! I hope the next part comes soon.

I would prefer it, too, for the story to be kept in one thread. That way we can bookmark it to find it quickly.

Keep up the excellent writing! :)

5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I hope you will be adding more to your version of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's relationship and early days. While I did enjoy the JA series, I agree with Deborah in that I think I like yours better. Hope to read more from you.

6. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I don't understand why each part has it's own thread, but this is nice, and I'll send all four up!!!

(Yes, it's the same message as part one, I'm a little lazy today ;))

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.