main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Weapons

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lianna, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    The traditional Jedi weapon is a lightsaber. In Phantom Menace Darth Maul had a double bladed lightsaber and in the Marvel comics Lumiya had a whip. What other interesting weapons could a Jedi use. Creativity counts here guys!

2. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    They can shoot flames from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arse. They also can Force Fart, releasing deadly toxins into the air (that gets a dark side point though).

In an RPG I created a lightsaber blaster, it was awesome to use, it was a blaster that shot a lightsaber blade out, it could penetrate blast doors or anything, the only disadvantage to using it is it doesnt stop it just keeps going, so dont use it in a starship.

3. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    look at the gundam wing seiries and endless waltz, the could do that with their exsisting lightsaber tech. click here

4. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Since the lightwhip was cited above...

In the Darth Maul comics, there is a female Twi'lek bodyguard who fights with some sort of "lightbaton"... well, two of them. They're shaped like police batons (a.k.a. nightsticks), where the blade is emitted from a handle that has a secopnd, perpendicular handle protruding just before the emitter. I get the sneaky feeling there's a martial art that employs batons of this nature.

In the Play Station© game Maters of the TERÄS KÄSI, Leia uses something that appears to be a "lightstaff". Basically a double-bladed lightsaber only with a longer, thinner handle and shorter, wider blades, this weapon quickly became my favorite.

Throughout the course of the EU, we've seen all sorts of variations of the regular, single-bladed lightsaber. From Master Zao's walking stick-saber to Luke's "lightdagger", changing the length of the blade or the design of the handle opens up the portal to all sorts of individual expressions of this "elegant weapon".

;)

Lightsaber blaster indeed!

5. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    heres what I have made up in order of my favourite:
    Light scyth-The Grim Jedi's fave weapon, lol
    Light whip-guess I didnn' make it up after-all...
    light dagger-darn, I thought I made up throwing lighties!
    light axe-a staff with two metal things sticking out where the blade will form between
    light staff-the Leia thing, but a really long blade
    light nun-chuck-really dangerous in bad hands

6. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    "Nightsticks" and "nunchucks" or as us okinawan martial arts stylists call them, tonfa and nunchaku, wouldn't make great good plasma-based weapons. Most tonfa techniques require spinning of the sticks with the hands while holding areas other than the grips. Many more involve hitting while letting more than one part of the body touch the tonfa's length. Basically, most moves with a light-tonfa would maim you.

I don't even know how you could use force nunchaku... if it made my nunchaku more effective, though, I'd take 'em!

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Exar Kun used a double-bladed lightsaber ages before Maul did. In fact, it's cited in DM:SH that Maul's weapon is based on Kun's double-bladed lightsaber.

Master Vodo Siosk Baas used a simple wooden staff against his student, the afore mentioned Kun. This was prior to Kun's fall to the dark side and his becomeing the new Dark Lord of the Sith. And it was only with two lightsaber's that Kun was able to slice through the the staff. Though it should be noted that by using the Force, Master Vodo was able to make his staff more powerful than a single lightsaber.

Qrrrl Toq, a Nazzar Prince and Jedi known for designing and building Jedi Armor, used a lightstaff.

And of course there is the greatest Jedi weapon of them all, the Force. Both Luke and Jedi Master Arca Jeth are among those shown using it to take out various objects. Master Arca uses it on the inner workings of Krath War Driods, making them explode. Luke is shown in Dark Empire issue #1 using it like a battering ram to take down an AT-AT.

And for those who don't know who Jedi Masters Arca Jeth, Vodo Siosk Baas, and Jedi Knight Qrrrl Toq are, there not my creations. Their characters from the Tales of the Jedi series.

8. LSARams75

LSARams75 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2001
    force balls they come out of your hand are as big as softballs. they track your enimes and can kill stun or what ever

9. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Force snowballs. They can come together like qi energy... aw, screw it, let's just let 'em have the kamehameha!

10. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Yoda has a Gammer stick, we seen how he wailed on R2-D2 in ESB. "mine, mine, mine" .

Mental Note: "Stay away from Muppets with canes."

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Gimmer, not Gammer

12. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Gimmer, not Gammer

yeah what he said

13. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    A Beam Saber and a Lightsaber might look alot alike, but they operate in totally different ways.

Besides, there's so many more kinds of melee Beam Weapons than just Scythes, Sabers, Glaives, and Tridents. There's Beam Shields, Beam Rotors (kinda like a spinning Beam Saber), Beam Axes, Beam Knives, Beam Shot Lancers (This thing totally missed the point of the Shot Lancer), Beam Naginatas, Beam javelins, the ever-lovable Twin Beam Saber, Heat Rods with Beam-emitting tips, and...well...I could go on for awhile.

14. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "aw, screw it, let's just let 'em have the kamehameha!"

Well, they can use Force Lighting, so Kamehameha wouldn't be that different from it.

But Jedi should fly, like our favorites Saiyans, no ? NO ?

15. Genghis_the_Dead_12

Genghis_the_Dead_12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Developed a little NJO fan-fic on this one a couple of years back...

:D Lightsaw :D

16. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    thats a cool dieghn. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.