JediCon 2004 Germany

Discussion in 'Kent UK' started by AmberStarbright, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bah! I blame my headache :p

I'm not in the position to be able to spend a lot of money, so £200 is my limit. I am however trying to work out where the airport and convention centre is exactly so I can work out an ideal location for the hotel, but it's proving bloody confussing so far :(
  2. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    To be honest from what I have seen of the hotels you're going to have trouble finding somewhere for that price.
  3. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've found some pretty good and reasonable priced hotels, it's just a question of working out how near they are to the CCD because I only have a rough idea of where that is in relation to the centre of Dusseldorf.
  4. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  5. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here are what I consider to be the best hotels I've found so far. I have mainly looked at ones located North of Dusseldorf because that's where the convention and airport seem to be (I think), with the exception of the last one which is south but says it has easy access to both the airport and the CCD so I'm taking there word for it.
    Of cause it maybe a major short coming of mine to only look for ones North but not having been to Dusseldorf and only going by these maps it's really hard for me to judge things, so I'm playing it safe for now.

NB: Couldn't get the links to work so it'll have to be a copy and paste jobby I'm afraid, sorry.

Eazires Hotel Imperial Düsseldorf
    http://ptsuk.placestostay.com/script/gen_prop.asp?hotel_id=29415&P1=60.84&P2=173.84&BR=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uk.placestostay.com%2Fsearch.html%3FFE%3D10107%26DUI%3Dkm%26LA%3D1%26CN%3DDusseldorf%26CON%3DGermany%26CD%3D7%26CM%3D04%26CY%3D2004%26NN%3D5%26OB%3Drate%26DC%3D1&num=17_63&FE=10107&LA=1&CN=Dusseldorf&CON=Germany&CD=7&CM=04&CY=2004&NN=5&OB=rate&DC=1

Total cost each (1 double room & 1 single)= £171
    Pros- From what I can gather, very ideally located and not badly priced.
    Cons-Only one bed in the double room.

Courtyard Dusseldorf
    http://ptsuk.placestostay.com/script/gen_prop.asp?hotel_id=68600&P1=55.00&P2=65.00&BR=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uk.placestostay.com%2Fsearch.html%3FFE%3D10107%26DUI%3Dkm%26LA%3D1%26CN%3DDusseldorf%26CON%3DGermany%26CD%3D7%26CM%3D04%26CY%3D2004%26NN%3D5%26OB%3Drate%26DC%3D1&num=7_63&FE=10107&LA=1&CN=Dusseldorf&CON=Germany&CD=7&CM=04&CY=2004&NN=5&OB=rate&DC=1

Total Cost each (1 room to share)=£65
    Pros- Cheap and well located.
    cons- We all have to share.

Haus Bletgen
    http://ptsuk.placestostay.com/script/gen_prop.asp?hotel_id=57890&P1=50.00&P2=75.00&BR=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uk.placestostay.com%2Fsearch.html%3FFE%3D10107%26DUI%3Dkm%26LA%3D1%26CN%3DDusseldorf%26CON%3DGermany%26CD%3D7%26CM%3D04%26CY%3D2004%26NN%3D5%26OB%3Drate%26DC%3D1&num=3_63&FE=10107&LA=1&CN=Dusseldorf&CON=Germany&CD=7&CM=04&CY=2004&NN=5&OB=rate&DC=1

Total cost each (only one double room for 2)= £123
    or (One room to share)=£143
    or if we can get two other people to share with, that cost will go down as the room is designed for five people.
    Pros-Good price, great hotel(I love it) and ideally located.
    cons-We have to share if we go for the 5 room option.

Ibis Dusseldorf
    http://ptsuk.placestostay.com/script/gen_prop.asp?hotel_id=17393&P1=61.00&P2=68.00&BR=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uk.placestostay.com%2Fsearch.html%3FFE%3D10107%26DUI%3Dkm%26LA%3D1%26CN%3DDusseldorf%26CON%3DGermany%26CD%3D7%26CM%3D04%26CY%3D2004%26NN%3D5%26OB%3Drate%26DC%3D1&num=18_63&FE=10107&LA=1&CN=Dusseldorf&CON=Germany&CD=7&CM=04&CY=2004&NN=5&OB=rate&DC=1

Total Cost each (1 double & 1 single room)= £143
    Pros-Good price, two beds in double room, claims to be well located for airport and CCD.
    Cons-Is South of the city unlike the others, but if it says it's well placed for what we need then maybe worth taking the chance.

6. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well the ones with sharing are out for me unless you two share and I ask if I can stay with Flo or Sabine.

Otherwise walking Eazires Hotel Imperial Düsseldorf is the closer hotel.
  7. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Might be worth asking Senny about that last one, and to see if he thinks being south is too far a trip to make to the CCD (although with public transport it might not make much difference but again I know nothing of their public transport).

8. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    For the last hotel you are looking at a 40 min car journey to the CCD so about the same to the airport. So as we aren't driving I would give it about an hour.
  9. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In that case the Imperial sounds like the one for us, and I think its name is quite appropiate too ;)
  10. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will try and get both the flights and Hotel booked by the end of the week.

If that's OK with everyone please let me know ASAP, thanks :)
  11. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Ooooooo, Jedicon in Germany.
    Thats the closest I've ever heard its been.

12. darth-dom Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, the Imperial looks good. I'll leave the decision in your capable hands. :)
  13. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    My friend's dad lives in Germany. Maybe he can get me a ticket.
  14. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You can get the tickets online by going to there website jedi-con 2004
    And just click on the link for information in English.
    The one downer is that you need a credit card and you need to send them a letter with your card details.

Cheers dom, just need to get the OK from J but shall talk to you more on thursday about it :)
  15. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
  16. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you're seriously thinking about going richie then keep us updated :)

I've checked the maps and the Imperial hotel is the closest to the convention centre so that'll be my ideal choice and the one I'll book.
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Its also got the perfect name.
  18. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Have you checked where the GSFF people are staying? I'm staying with them on a hostel, but I don't even know the name yet. [face_laugh]
  19. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi Obi Anne :)
    I did ask J if any of the German members needed hotel rooms etc, but to her knowledge she said they didn't need any so I assumed they had already sorted out staying arrangements.
    Ah-well, I've already booked the hotel now, lol.

I Look forward to seeing you there,
    we'll be showing our fan film and artwork during the con so I'm giving you fair warning ;)

What day do you arrive in Dusseldorf?
  20. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I will arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday, I have found some really good flights, only problem is the price I'm not sure if the times are worth it or not yet. I have a pass for all three days, and I want to use it.

Looking forward to see your work, personally I'm hoping to get my picnic-dress finished by then.
  21. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I see your problem there, and it would be a shame to
    not use your 3-day pass.
    We wont really have that sort of problem because we
    need to be at the con on the Thursday to set-up our work, and will be leaving on the Monday.

Hopefully people will understand our film, just have
    to make sure we manage to finish it in time ;)
    The dress sounds very nice, hopefully you wont be too
    hard to spot in that case, lol.
  22. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I think I would have preferred to arrive on Thursday too, but I'm staying with the GSFF and they have booked the room from Friday to Sunday, so I wouldn't have anywhere to stay Thursday to Friday.

23. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I see, that is a shame really but at least you'll be
    there for the saturday and sunday, which I reckon will
    be the best days :)

Just to keep everyone up-to-date, the flights and hotel
    are booked. However, I heared yesterday that Ryanair
    have been told that the subsidies they get from some european airports are illegal, so there is a chance the cost of the flights may go up IMO. Their website doesn't mention anything about this as yet, but I'll keep looking incase.
  24. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well now it seems as if I will probably arrive on Friday already, I'm flying to Hamburg on Thursday and then take the train to Düsseldorf in the morning.
  25. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's good news Obianne :)

The good thing about the friday is that the event
    starts at 12, so we've plenty of time to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.