main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Jedicon WV 2009 ROADTRIP PLANNING THREAD

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    October 10, 2009.

Road Trip!!!! Who's interested in going?

EDIT: It looks like Neil and I are going. I am definetly going since I'm doing a 3 PM Panel. It will just be a day trip, down and back again. If you are interested in going, please post in this thread. More details on meeting up and transport, soon.

2. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    I'll be there, lol. I'm also sending an opening invitation for everyone... hot dogs and hamburgers at my house after the show! I live just up the hill from the museum so it's not far. Hope to see everyone there! Maybe you guys can have your October meeting at my place?

3. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So, anyone interested in going?

4. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    I would, but this year the convention schedule is all mixed up. Because Pittsburgh was delayed, they pushed back Baltimore, and that's the same weekend as Jedicon.

5. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    I added some more updates to our website.

Christine, I added you as one of our discussion panels, too. I do have a laptop and screen if you need one. It's going to be a great time guys, hope to see everyone there!

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I will need a screen and one of those projector things, since there is a power point that goes along with the presentation.

7. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    Christine, what's your panel on?

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    "Tragedy of Star Wars" How the prequel trilogy is a modern example of classical Greek Tragedy.

Here's the written copy of it, at www.sagajournal.com

9. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    That's pretty awesome, Christine! Can't wait to sit in. Your panel is at 3:00 I believe.

We have flyers out, flyers on Domino's Pizza boxes in a three county area and an article in the local paper in the works so traffic should be good.

Hope to see everyone there!

Cheers!

10. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    Just a friendly bump for tomorrow. The weather will probably look like Komino but inside will be full of fun! All I know is the show is tomorrow, then Sunday I hop in my X-Wing and fly to Key West for 4 days of piano bars and drink blue milk!

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    It ended up being me, my mom, and the newest member of SFAP, Bookworm 70. It was a fun trip. I ended up doing two panels, Tragedy of SW and Planning Your Sci Fi Vacation. Neil's artwork from last year was still on the blackboards!

I also chatted with John Booth (no, not John W. Booth) who wrote a book called Collect All 21! Memoirs of a Star Wars Geek. He's going to do a panel for us at April's Comicon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.