main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast JediCon WV 2009

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BIGMAC, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGMAC

BIGMAC Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    I would like to invite any "local" collectors ( WV, OH, PA ) and even those not so local to attend JEDICON WV,a Star Wars convention located in a small rural town here in the Mountain state.

We have continued to have this show over the past few years and have grown to where we have to seek a larger venue.We have participation from local groups and some from as far away as VA and DC ( the DCSWCC to be precise ).

We are pleased to announce that the show will be on October 10th, 2009 and will be held at the Kruger Street Toy and Train Museum ( http://www.toyandtrain.com) in Wheeling WV ! So,with that in mind if anyone here would like to attend, set-up a table or anything else for this year's show please let me know.

All proceeds from the silent auction,food sales and a portion of the admission costs will benefit CMN,Childrens Miracle Network.

We also are pleased to announce 3 special guests!

Jon Seay / Animator Original Star Wars --Jon will once again join this years festivities sharing tales of the animation on the original Star Wars and bringing along pieces of the actual Death Star used in the filming!

Kim Simmons -- the photographer in charge of virtually all vintage Star Wars photography work at the outside design firm used by Kenner and who was ultimately responsible for images that would be used for packaging, comps (or mock-ups), some publicity images, and some of the slide presentations, has agreed to join us at this years JediCon WV.You can visit Mr. Simmons website at ( http://www.themanwhoshotlukeskywalker.com ).

Don Pedicini Jr-- Artist on this years Topps Galaxy 4 Star Wars cards will join us as well!
    Visit him at his website at http://www.donpedicinijr.com

We are really trying to make this a SW convention for the whole tri-state area,and something we can continue to due on a yearly basis for years to come! If anyone has any questions please PM me and I'll answer as soon as I can. To register for tables or to see pictures from past shows go to http://www.jediconwv.net.

Thanks and as always,MTFBWY!

2. BIGMAC

Jan 15, 2004
    We here at the Jedicon crew are pleased to announce that John Booth will be attending and selling / signing copies of his book, COLLECT ALL 21! Memoirs of a Star Wars Geek:The First 30 Years.

Here is a small synopsis of the book:

Opening that first Darth Vader figure and putting him in a Landspeeder. Imagining a snowy elementary school playground as the wastes of Hoth. Seeing Return of the Jedi on opening night. Moments like these - and a galaxy more - make up three decades of "Memoirs of a Star Wars Geek." John takes the reader from a childhood packed with Star Wars guys (never "action figures") and Christmas wishes both fulfilled and unrealized, through the years when the trilogy lay dormant to the mainstream public's eye, and into an age of seeing George Lucas' universe as an adult while exploring it again as a parent. Gracefully laying bare both the good and not-so-good times, this collection, with its origins as a series on his web site, FieldsEdge.com, is a love letter from a self-aware geek written under the sometimes harsh light of hindsight, softened with understanding. It captures the innocence and wonder and infinite possibilities of what it meant to an eight-year-old to Collect All 21!

For more information on the book you can visit: http://www.lulu.com/johnbooth

Please visit our website for further updates !

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    sounds like alot of fun! :)

4. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I don't think I'll be able to make it. October is usually busy around my local area of Hampton Roads, VA, and I anticipate I will remain here. But I hope you guys have a stellar time and the turnout surpasses last year's!

5. BIGMAC

Jan 15, 2004
    Just giving this a little bump as we are less than a week away!

Don can't make it :_| but that's ok, he was gracious enough to do some original artwork for our offically licensed posters we will have for sale at the show . These will be available in very limited quantities so snatch them while you can!

Hoping all those who sent a PM can attend and join in on the festivities and help out a great cause!

Thanks for the well wishes THUMPY!!

6. BIGMAC

Jan 15, 2004
    Things went really well this year.We raised $500 for CMN,not bad for a small rural community .John Booth and Kim Simmons presentations were just as funny as they were informative,and a special thanks to Greencat336 from the Pittsburgh chapter for her presentation of the "Tragedy of Star Wars" how the prequel trilogy is a modern example of classical Greek Tragedy. Everyone seemed to have a good time and is excited about next years show.You couldn't ask for much more than that!

Pic's from the show should be on our official website at http://www.jediconwv.net sometime soon...work allowing.

If anyone would like to get info as it becomes available for next years show,please e-mail us at jedicon_wv@hotmail.com and as soon as we have things confirmed you'll be the first to know!!

Thanks to all who have supported this show and the charities we've donated too!

The date for next years show is Saturday October 9th,2010 at the Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum in Wheeling WV / www.toyandtrain.com

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Great job fundraising for CMN!
    Glad to hear the con went so well!

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.