main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN JediCon WV

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I got this email a couple of days ago for a Star Wars con that's not too far away, and the date is pretty close to the movie release so everyone there will be geeking out pretty hard:

This is an invitation for the Knoxville Fan Force to attend JediCon WV 2005, Return of the JediCon WV, in Middlebourne, W.Va., May 14, 2005.

Please check out our ]website to see pix from the previous two years' shows. We're a little slow getting updates posted, but here's a list of what we have planned so far:

An appearance by our in-house Darth Vader, Mike Daugherty

Jedi Training Arena

Silent auction to raise money for Children's Miracle Network

Video game booth featuring Star Wars games for most consoles

Trivia game show costume contest

A showing of Star Wars (Episode IV) in it's original form on DVD

Star Wars Bingo

Members of Garrison Carida (Mid atlantic's local 501st division)

On a personal note, these are my two favorite events:

Birthday cake to celebrate George Lucas' birthday that same day, though he will not be present :)

Birthday card signing for Mr. Lucas which will be mailed to him following the show

And some other things we haven't firmed up just yet.

All events are free and there is no admission fee. The only money guests need are for the vendor tables, eats, and silent auction. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to CMN.

If your club wishes to attend, we would love to have you and your members set up a dealer or informational table. There is no cost for tables and vendors keep all monies made.

Please write with any questions regarding attendance.Thank you for your time and May the Force be with You!

Sincerely,

Mike McMillan
    co-founder JEDICON WV

If you are interested in more information on it here's the website. It seems like a pretty cool con and the price is right so I'm thinking I may head down and check it out. Anyone else interested?

2. smuggler1186

smuggler1186 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    That seems like a lot of fun. I'm going to try to go, but I can't seem to find a hotel around there.

3. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Wow. If I could, I'd go to that Con to support it. (Gotta work.) It's really in the "country". I've worked all around that area for a number of years. Marietta will have most of the major hotels, but the closest ones will be along Rte. 50, I guess. They'll be usually small, Mom and Pop hotels, but those can be the nicest. Maybe Salem and Brideport, too. Have you tried looking in the online yellow pages? Have fun!

4. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I'm looking into the hotel issue right now, and thank for noticing it Haley. I tried looking online myself and I didn't have much luck, so I sent Mike an email about it. When I hear back from him I'll let you know.

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Okay, well here's the word on hotels from Mike:

The closest Motel/Hotels are in New Martinsville and Sistersville (both about 15 miles away).The Plaza Inn in New Martinsvilles rates are $34-$44 a night (single/double) phone number (304)-455-4490.

He's also going to send me some more information through the mail, so I'll bring that along to the meeting and we can look over it then.

It's all looking pretty good so far, so I'm stoked. :)

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Mike just sent me an email to see who is interested in going to the con. I know Haley and I are, or at least I think we both still are, but if anyone else is as well please try to let me know by Saturday so I can tell him. Also, he wants a group picture and I don't have a digital camera, so if someone could lug one up to the next metting that would be awesome.

Now all I have to do is work on "a brief group history".. hehe

7. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    I can bring my digital camera... don't think I will be going to the con though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.