main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Jedigal...Are You A Rams Fan?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RogueNine, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    If you are, that's too bad! The Vikings are comin' at you like Obi-Wan openin' a can o' whoop ass on Mr. Maul!

Woo-hoo!

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, there, Red Nine, don't fire your quads yet!! With Kurt Warner back in action, and something after last weeks' debacle, not to mention the whole teams' lousy performances the past few weeks, the Rams are gonna be looking a big win Sunday! You can bet your sweet little Norse toosh!

Just remember baby, you'll never hear surrender or concession from me. St. Louis sports fans are the BEST!!!

3. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, I'll agree that St. Louis is a great sports town -- Mark McGwire should take credit. He's the man.

But the Rams time is over! Losing to Carolina TWICE in the same season? Something wrong there! I hate it when everybody blamed their losses on Trent Green -- it's that lousy Rams defense!

It'll be a great game, won't it? Sweet revenge from last year's playoff loss! It's all in great fun!

What kind of horns would you pick? Sharp, tall and pointy ones or dull, curly, stubby ones?

4. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Make no mistake about this, Tony, St. Louis is not a great sports town b/c we have great teams. Oh, sure, we've been having a mini golden age lately, with our teams doing extremely well, but that's not what I mean. St. Louis has always been a great sports town b/c we get behind our teams. St. Louis fans don't just tolerate our teams when they're not on top. We love them! All the time. Win or lose, we go to games and root our hearts out. Players in all different sports will tell you that St. Louis is a great city to play for.

Not, however, to diminish the achievements of Big Mac.

People should definitely give Trent Green a break. Who knew Warner had the makings of such a big star? Green is a fine QB, in my horrendously uninformed personal opinion. I don't think it's only the defense that has been letting us down lately. All special teams seem to have gone to the dogs, and the last game I watched, our normally consistent receivers must have dipped their hands in an oil slick, they couldn't catch worth a darn and if they did, they couldn't hold it.

Is their time over?? We shall see. At last we shall reveal ourselves to the Vikings... Oh, no, I mean, uh, AGAIN we shall revea....

:)

5. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Am I a Rams Fan? You bet. And a pretty happy one, after today's performance. Sorry Vikings!

Oh, btw, R9, of course I prefer full, round, curled horns. And they may be dull, but they're not stubby. Check your zoology and you'll find that rams start with sharp, tall and pointy horns, and only after many years of successfully battling other males, predators, and the elements to survive into a ripe old age. Rams whose horns form a full circle or more are the pinnacle of strength and prowess. :)

6. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

It's was lousy game -- a real heart-breaker. But Minnesota only needs one victory to secure home-field advantage during the playoffs, and the Vikings are undefeated at home!

Maybe I opened my mouth a little too early yet -- but come playoffs, we'll never know, now will we?

And for that Zoology part -- too much knowledge for me! You know too much!

7. Jedi Yoda

Jedi Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 1999
    GO VIKES!

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Nice to meet you, Jedi Yoda! :)

9. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, we squeaked into the playoffs by the skin of .... well, something.

Unbelievable. I do NOT predict that we will make it to the big game! That doesn't make me a bad fan, just realistic. And it's fine with me if we don't. We go to a superbowl party every year, and I'd just as soon NOT be tied to the television, then I can graze the buffet and chat and gossip freely without worrying about missing a big play.

10. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Sorry 'bout the Rams, Jedigal. Well, I have a sinking feeling that the Vikings aren't going to make it to the Superbowl either though. :(

11. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000

Yeah, too bad to hear about those Rams. Who knows -- the Vikings will probably lose to the Saints anyway, the way their defense has been.

At least Tampa Bay lost... Maybe if the Vikings win they'll have a shot at the Super Bowl.

12. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, I gotta say, that game was far too similar to the game we went to, which was the FIRST time we played the Saints this year, and in which we also showed the same lackluster, marginal performance.

My complaint about the game Saturday is that it was obvious from early on that Warner was just off. Yeah, Kurt should have admitted his lack of confidence, but nevertheless, after the half at the latest coach should have pulled him and put in Trent Green. We might have still lost, but then again, we might have had a chance. Almost all of Warner's throws were weak wobbly things. I'm not saying that the rest of team showed a stellar performance, but the Saints weren't stellar either.

At any rate, after two disgraceful defeats by New Orleans, you can bet I'm now rooting for the Vikings!!!! At least temporarily....

13. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, sorry about the old Rams I know my Uncle is torn too. He is a big Rams fan!!

Game to watch Dolphins vs. Raiders!

Go Phins!

JediLars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.