JediJean's Feedback Page

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by JediJean, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi everyone,

Today's meeting lasted about 2 to 3 hours and it was rather fruitful, but I will begin posting info about the meeting only from tomorrow onwards.

Although I have lots to share with everyone, there are a few things that I would like to check with the "higher-ups" before I begin posting the meeting info as promised, so just bear with me until tomorrow.

Cheers,
    JediJean
  2. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aiyah, too bad I couldn't enter the meeting.
  3. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    i cant believe i overslept the meeting -_-'
  4. JediDarT Jedi Master

star 1
    how long does this 'tomorrow' last?
  5. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, some people have real life activities to attend to and answers to be gotten from those of more authority. [face_plain]
  6. JediDarT Jedi Master

star 1
    these people, then, in the light of the responsibilities that they do have, should be able to make correct judgments and give proper, realistic time frames
  7. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, the one in charge of the whole FanForce Asia and Africa haven't given her reply to JediJean's enquires.

Why not you tell this to her (the Forums head & moderator) instead?

8. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aiyah, too bad cannot go.
  9. JediDarT Jedi Master

star 1
  10. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    removed on request
  11. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    removed on request.
  13. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    It's a new year and the committee has a whole bunch of new things to deal with this year.

I am splitting up this message according to the numbered topics on the amended meeting agenda, because there is really a lot to read here.

So without further ado, here's what was discussed at the last meeting we had.....

The 3rd Official FFSG Meeting: Sunday, 22 Dec 2002

1. FFSG Group Name

It was decided that we should re-open the nominations for the FFSG Group Name, and that we should vote once again for the Group Name, since we've had a number of people joining us since we first became official, so the choice of Group Name should also be made to take into consideration their preferences.

Does anyone else here have a Group Name that they would like to see added to the list of Nominated Group Names??

Please let me know by PM, so that I can add it to the list of group names already nominated below:

- FanForce SG
    - FanForce Singapore
    - Jedi Kopi-Tiam
    - Jedi Singapura
    - LeoForce
    - Lion City Knights
    - LionSabre
    - SingaForce

Closing Date to submit group names by PM:
    16 Jan 2003

The final list of nominated group names will be announced on 17 Jan 2003.

Voting of group names will take place by PM from 18 Jan 2003 to 31 Jan 2003.

The official group name will be announced on 1 Feb 2003.
  15. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    2. FFSG Group Logo

It was decided that we would come back to this again at a later date, when we also discuss the website.

3. FFSG Website

We would like to have a website, however we will come back to discuss this again at a later date, as it will take some time to get the required talents and resources together for this project.

Also, it was felt that there were more important matters to focus on at this point in time, such as deciding on a group name, as well as nominating and electing a new City Rep, Vice Rep & Secretary for the year 2003.
  16. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    4. Guidelines For Posting Messages In This Forum

No flaming
    - Especially when it has to do with religion or race.

No explicit comments
    - Please take into consideration that we have people of all ages reading these threads, so please try to keep your messages at a PG-13 rating.

Please avoid unnecessary duplication of threads
    - Please try to use a broader topic heading when you create a new thread, instead of getting too specific. We don't want to clutter up the message board with too many unnecessary threads, especially if these threads already exist somewhere in our topic list.

For security reasons, please do not post your personal particulars in these threads
    - Instead, please PM or e-mail such information directly to the other party who may have requested the information from you.

5. Guidelines For Joining The Group's Real-Life Meetings & Activities

- All members who would like to participate in the group's real-life meetings and/or activities will have to fill in the Personal Particulars Form.

- Please PM or E-mail the completed form directly to the group's Secretary.

- Meetings:

--> Meetings will be held quarterly (ie. once every 3 months).

--> All members aged 13 and above are welcome to attend these meetings.

- Activities:

--> We try to organise more activities during the school holidays, and we try to avoid organising activities during exam periods.

--> All members are welcome to participate in our activities.

--> However, members below the age of 13 will have to be accompanied by a parent or an older sibling AND/OR they must have parental consent to participate in our activities.
  17. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    6. Other Group Matters

Our Group Identity & Philosophy

- We are a family-type group of Star Wars fans, open to people of all ages, who aren't just collectors, but also people who love & enjoy Star Wars a great deal.

- We encourage all-rounded development in our members, and as such, our discussions are not just limited to Star Wars-related topics, but also extend to any other topics that may be of interest to our members.

- We believe in trying to remain as open as possible in our outlook, allowing our members to post freely (but sensibly & responsibly) in our threads, and as such, allowing a free flow of ideas and discussions in our message board.

- This group stands out from other online groups in that the message board is merely one of the tools which we use to communicate with each other. Essentially, we are a real-life social group, and we encourage members to attend meetings and activities, to meet and inertact with each other, to have good clean fun together, and to take their love for Star Wars beyond just posting messages in this forum.

Our Group Structure, Nominations & Voting

- Committee Positions:
    a) City Rep
    b) Vice Rep
    c) Secretary

- The City Rep & Vice Rep must be at least 18 years of age, and be able to serve on the Committee for a period of 12 months. They must login to the messsage board at least once a week, and be willing to help organise meetings & activities for the group.

- The Secretary must be at least 13 years of age, and be able to serve on the Committee for a period of 12 months. The Secretary must login to the message board at least once a week, takes notes at each meeting, and deals with all the administrative needs of the group.

- Nominations are to be held once a year by PM, beginning in the month of December, for a period of 2 weeks.

- Nominees may decline to be nominated for any of the Committee Positions, if they have other commitments and/or responsibilities to attend to.

- Voting is to be held once a year in January by PM, for a period of 2 weeks.

- There must be a City Rep elected by 1 Feb each year.
  18. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    6. Other Group Matters (cont'd)

Group History/Milestones To Date

- 1st Unofficial Meeting at BK (near Borders)

- 11 May 2002: AOTC Charity Gala Premiere at Prince 1

- 13 May 2002: AOTC Mediacorp Screening at Cathay Orchard

- 15 May 2002: AOTC Zouk Launch Party

- 15 May 2002: AOTC Midnight Screening at Lido

- 16 May 2002: AOTC Costume Parade along Orchard Road

- 16 May 2002: AOTC Official Theatrical Release in Singapore, and we watch it again at Lido

- Photo Exchange Session at Plaza Singapura

- 9 Jun 2002: Takashimaya Dressalike Contest (Star Wars costumes only), our members clinched the Top 3 Prizes in the Open Category, and a few of the Consolation Prizes too.

- 23 Jun 2002: We became an Official FanForce Chapter!!!

- 28 Jun 2002: 1st Official Meeting, 4.30pm & 7.00pm, at McDonald's (Liang Court)

- 18 Aug 2002: 2nd Official Meeting, 2.00pm, gathered at City Hall MRT Station (near the Citilink sign), then proceeded to Marche at Suntec for the meeting

- 22 Dec 2002: 3rd Official Meeting, 2.30pm, at BK (near Borders)

Current Activities

- Movie Screenings
    - Social Gatherings
    - Photo Exchange Sessions
    - Costume Contests
    - Star Wars-related Events

Suggestions for Future Activities

- BBQs
    - Picnics
    - Chalet
    - Cycling
    - Involvement in Charitable Events & Activities
  19. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    7. Nominations & Voting for Committee Positions in 2003

- Please send your nominations for the various Committee Positions to me by PM
    (Closing Date for Nominations: 16 Jan 2003)

- Announcement of Nominees: 17 Jan 2003

- Please PM your votes to me during the Voting Period: 18 - 31 Jan 2003

- Announcement of Results: 1 Feb 2003

Well, that's just about everything that was discussed during the meeting on Sunday, 22 Dec 2002.

If you're feeling a little confused as to what you're supposed to do, and by when, then just take note of what's in the next message below.....
  20. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE:

3 Jan 2003 - 16 Jan 2003
    - Nominate a Group Name by PM
    - Nominate the Committee Members by PM
    - Closing Date for All Nominations: 16 Jan 2003

17 Jan 2003
    - Announcement of All Nominated Group Names
    - Announcement of All Nominees for Committee Positions

18 Jan 2003 - 31 Jan 2003
    - Vote for a Group Name by PM
    - Vote for the Committee Members by PM
    - Closing Date for All Voting: 31 Jan 2003

1 Feb 2003
    - Announcement of Results for the Group Name
    - Announcement of Results for Committee Positions in 2003

I hope that helps, and I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone real soon! :)
  21. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Just a little reminder...

Some of you still haven't given me your choices for nominations, in which case I will just assume that the same 3 committee members will your choices for nomination in the same categories that they serving in right now.

That is, I assume that you are nominating:
    - NodNarBoen for City Rep
    - Darth_Eagle for Vice Rep
    - JediJean for Secretary

If your choices for the nominees differ from the above, please be reminded that you are to send your choices to me by 16 Jan 2003.

From the previous message:

3 Jan 2003 - 16 Jan 2003
    - Nominate a Group Name by PM
    - Nominate the Committee Members by PM
    - Closing Date for All Nominations: 16 Jan 2003

22. TK-625 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Howdy all,

Slight digression, but along the lines of activities, how about a Paintball Game?

And maybe a SW Costume Walkabout, down Orchard Road, on the 25 of May 2003 [26 Year Anniversary]?

Just me ranting...

Stay safe all.
  23. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey TK-625,

Thanks for those suggestions... sounds like it could be fun to me! :)

So is anyone else here game to try out Paintball??

As for having a costume parade on the 26th Anniversary of the Release of ANH on Sunday, 25 May 2003... hmmm, what does everyone else here think of that??

Cheers,
    JediJean.
  24. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    i noe there's an ag limit for paintball, and even as old as i am, i fear that i might not be old enuf for paintball. and pardon me, although i'd love to do a costume parade, but any point in doing that? (i'd feel a tad bit ackward somehow since its nothing 'official' is going on, lol.
  25. TK-625 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Now this is new...

Faiz, on the 25 of May 1977, 26 years ago, Star Wars was first released in Cinemas all over the world. And, if you think that's weird, my SW bud fans Stateside can find almost any reason they can think of to parade in their costumes.

Paintball in Singapore does have an age limit, 18 and above. 14 to 17, you'll need written permission from your parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.