main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG JediJean's Feedback Page

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Yah I did the 5-day course. Didn't get to do the Flying Fox or abseiling :( But my watch did do the trust fall/dive (I touched the bell!! :p) and the Tripod. Kayaked for 6-7 hours (sunburnt and aching now). Land expedition was terrible because we got lost, then it rained after we built our raft and jumped into the quarry, everything got mixed up and muddy and we had to strip and change in the dark because by the time the rain stopped it was already 7, 8+pm. (My instructor complained that RGS girls had a tendency to trek late into the night, LOL.) Good thing we were all girls and we yelled to our instructor to stay away. :D Plus my torch decided to be wacky and I had to follow my watch-mate's torch light. But the good thing about it being so dark was that we got to see fireflies! First time that I got to see them. Climbed the DDD and Snakes and Ladders and as a result my hands are still sore. Couldn't type well yesterday. :p

The instant noodles weren't too bad, though they were a tad salty :p The others pooled their fuel tablets and put them all in one bag, but I didn't. Then we couldn't find the bag so ended up using all of mine then borrowing some from the other watches. After everything was cleared up and we moved to the campsite, we found the big bag of fuel tablets. [face_laugh]

On the whole I did enjoy myself (except for maybe the land ex ;))!

2. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    lucky you....
    my sch was supposed to go to OBS but the trip got canceled .... :(
    & i've heard tt since then my sch has gone to OBS...

3. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    JediClare you sec 4 already hor ?

4. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    OBS ROCKS!!!!! its a leisure camp man, at first i wasnt sponsored to go as a scout (back then, each eca group chose ppl to go under their group) but fortunately the Prefectorial Board got me to go. wheeeeeeeee it was fun, unfortunately there wasnt any pretty girls as my bunks mates *wails* but the guy frens i made there ROCKS. hell even one of them is the bf of my a pri sch female fren. its small world i tell u. ^^

5. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    OMG..How come u ppl get to do the flying fox??!??! so lucky :( I really wanted to do it too.. I got residential sea ex. We did stuff like the tripods, where there are 3 different courses for you to climb..My watch had to do this one where we first had to cross a cable supporting ourselves on 2 cables hovering at abt shoulder height, den we had to cross a cargo net, den the scariest part IMHO was the tree trunk..I nearly died halfway while walking or rather inching forwards..haha
    We climbed the inverse tower too, but i did the ZZ log instead of the DDD, it was so fuuuuun :D
    Since I got the sea expedition, we kayaked all the way to sembawang and nearly died in the process..But im proud to say that we nearly broke the record for the fastest watches to kayak there..We took 6hrs to kayak there and 2 half hrs to kayak back the next day..While at Sembawang, we had top build bashas but no one used them in the end..everyone ended up slping on ponchos on the gravel under the sky, feeding mosquitoes and sandflies..I was freezing and itching all over, we had to do sentry duty too coz sm foreigners were there too..den smone built a fire and eventually everyone got attracted to it..Our cooking was fine..We were one of the fastest watches to cook and start eating, unfortunately we had to cook and eat under the jetty coz it was raining, but it was still enjoyable..The cleaning up part and the changing clothes and answering the call of nature part was hell..We had to do it all in the dark and in the grass..

BUT but but..there were sm neighbourhood schs with us, and the guys there like verbally harrased us everytime we walked past their bunks to go to our bunks..LoL, but me and my friends we just ignored them..

OBS was so much fuun..Wont mind going back there.. ;)

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Hahah...I did the same Tripod course as you. We had to earn our food for the expeditions by getting points from the Tripod course and exchanging them for food. At first we thought our instructor was pretty evil because the other watches didn't have to, but actually it was good because we just brought what we could get which was only what we needed, while the other watches had to bring everything they got. So we were saved the extra weight. :D Anyway for every person that completed the course was 50 points and if someone walked half the log backwards she would get 100 points. So insane and over-ambitious me was the first one to walk -- strike that, inch -- my way across half the log, then turn around and go backwards. First one to go backwards, I mean. :p

7. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    xeno I'm Sec 3.

8. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    The food that we got were useful and goot to eat..except for the kaya and butter, they were quite sour and some salted vegs. they tasted quite horrible..But of coz, we din haf to carry our food arnd on our backs, the instructors shipped it over in their motor boats.. :p

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Darn you. :p We carried our food. I carried the kaya that never got eaten. And the salted veggy was nice what! (Can you tell I like salted veggy? :D)

And why are we posting OBS discussion on JediJean's Feedback Page...quite off-topic... :p

10. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Salted Vegetables? I luv 'em! :D

Heehehehehee, ya, we should continue the OBS talking at the The officially unofficial social thread. ;)

Okay, another reminder:
    Please submit your Votes for the various categories to JediJean by this Friday. Remember that the future of how this FanForce will be run for the next 12 months is in your hands so choose wisely! And all voting is confidential! ;)

11. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    I luv !!!!! salted vegs. Sooo nice and SALTY ! Move this to the social threads please.

12. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ** FINAL REMINDER **

Here is the final list of names which have been nominated for our group name:

- FanForce SG
    - FanForce Singapore
    - Force Singapore
    - Jedi Kopi-Tiam
    - Jedi Singapura
    - LeoForce
    - Lion City Knights
    - LionSabre
    - SingaForce

Please choose one of these names, and send your vote to me by PM or E-mail.

The Closing Date for the Voting of Group Name is 31 Jan 2003.

13. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ** FINAL REMINDER **

The Nominees for City Rep are:
    - NodNarBoeN (but he has declined the nomination for this position)
    - lukedecop (but he has declined the nomination for this position)
    - Darth_Eagle
    - JediJean (but I'm declining the nomination for this position)

Therefore, CONGRATULATIONS to Darth_Eagle as she is now the new City Rep for 2003.

The Nominees for Vice Rep are:
    - Darth_Eagle (but since she is already the City Rep, she is automatically excluded from being nominated for this position)
    - Faiz
    - JediJean (but I'm declining the nomination for this position)
    - TK-625
    - JazzyJazz

The Nominees for Secretary are:
    - JediClare (but she has declined the nomination for this position)
    - Darth_Eagle (but since she is already the City Rep, she is automatically excluded from being nominated for this position)
    - JediJean
    - JazzyJazz

Please send me your Votes for Vice Rep and Secretary by PM or E-mail.

The Closing Date for voting for these 2 remaining Committee positions is 31 Jan 2003.

14. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ** VOTING RESULTS 2003 **

City Rep: Darth_Eagle

Vice Rep: JaZzYjaZZ

Secretary: JediJean

Group Name: FanForce Singapore

CONGRATULATIONS to our new Committee Members for 2003!!

15. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
  16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Congrats! :D

17. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Congrats, though I didn't vote JazzyJazz as Vice Rep but congrats still. :D

18. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    oh well, watta waste, being the perfectionist i am, i hate to lose out, but there's nothing i can do i suppose, lol. congrats jazzyjazz.

19. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    sorry been a little lost this while. anyway congrats to those in the committee...and i have to say that obs was fun!! hehe i got residential sea ex. :D

20. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted for the past few days (returned to Malaysia) but thanks for all your support :).

I am abit surprised that I got a post but I'll assure everyone that I'll do my best.

21. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    congrads to JaZzYjaZZ and jedijean!
    sorry it's kinda late..my poor com's been down lately...and of course CNY....

22. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi everyone,

On 7 March, 5 of us were involved in the product launch for the BENQ Joybook, which was held at Milieu at Peranakan Place.

Among the 5 people involved, 4 had a chance to dress up as Star Wars characters that night - we had a Vader, an IRG, and 2 Jedi Knights.

Pictures will follow soon, just keep watching this page..... :)

23. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
  24. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey I propose that the Fan Force get a T-shirt for all its members to wear for our meetings and gatherings.

25. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yeah ! Good idea Yazid ! How bout Fanforce shoes, mugs appareal ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.