main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedinet:Two authors asked to return

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dev Sibwarra, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Del Rey line strengthened by the Force

In addition to giving an update on prequel era plans and saying that there will be four NJO novels between Destiny's Way and HC #5, GhentZ is reporting that Del Rey has asked two authors two return.

My guess is that one of them is Stover. His franchise work consists of Traitor and an unpublished Flash Gordon novel, neither of which have been seen by the general public. That would fit JN.L's description perfectly. Other possibilities would include Walter Jon Williams, Shane Dix, and Sean Williams.

There are several possibilities for the second. Luceno has already been asked to return once, so that's a possibility. There have been rumors that Zahn will return. Reaves mentioned that he was willing to do more work with Del Rey. In other words, I have no idea.

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I hope it isnt Zahn :)

at a guess, the one theve asked with an unpublished SW novel will be someone writing a standalone.

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Keyes. :D

4. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    Please be KJA,please... :D

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yeah, Ava, KJA would be sweet !! :D

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    One of them definitely sounds like Stover. And I want that damned The Real Flash Gordon!

7. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    At least two authors have been asked to make a return to the Star Wars universe, one of whose franchise work has yet to be seen by the general public.

Not necessarily for NJO. Stover definitely fits the criteria, but the other could be ANYBODY.

Look for announcements of further disruption of the "rule of two" soon (plans are afoot for Del Rey to publish more than two Prequel novels between each film).

No kidding? DMSH, CoD, Rogue Planet, and Approaching Storm is more than two...not even counting JA or JQ...

The New Jedi Order is on the road to return to the series' original schematic, with the publication of four paperbacks in its final year, a stand-alone between Sean Williams and Shane Dix's Force Heretic III: Reunion and arguably the toughest book of the NJO to write, Hardcover Five. Details to come soon!

Isn't this old news? The lists have had a paperback between the trio and HC#5 for months if not years...

8. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    very interesting...

9. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Maybe it's Stackpole.

Since he's been having trouble...
    Besides he has not done a prequel book yet, but Luceo (sp) has, so count him out.

It's probably safe to say that Zahn is one.
    Straight from the horse's mouth, he said so.

10. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Maybe Zahn, (yay!) could be Keyes, could be Tyres (maaaaybe, probably not) could be really anyone. Just as long as its not KJA, I'll be happy. :D

We'll just have to wait and see!

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    i'd rather have KJA then Zahn

Stackpole would be great or Keyes :D

12. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    As I understand it, Stackpole and Tyers are both fairly busy with projects of their own at the moment. Still, they might have time to write between now and 2005.

13. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Yeah, Stackpole's got AT LEAST the next two years booked writing the next (and I guess final) two volumes of DragonCrown War.

14. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Salvatore would be a welcome return, but I honestly have to say I would like zahn to have a go at a series in the prequel era or way in the future (something non chiss or thrawn) maybe about the katana, or C'baoth, or even palpatines origins.

15. QurangLah

QurangLah Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    I hope its not KJA. Zahn would be cool, but I think it would be Keyes and Salvatore.

16. AdMiRe

AdMiRe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2001
    I`d personally like zahn to return...he has so far in my opinion written the 5 best star wars - books out there...( the thrawn trilogy and the hand of thrawn) ....it would be sweet to read his stuff again...

-AdMiRe-

17. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I know too much to gamble on this topic. But here goes anyway. I bet both are prequel era books and one of the authors is not Greg Keyes. cannot comment

18. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    This isn't one of those "One of the coins isn't a quarter" type things, where one of the authors isn't Greg Keyes and the other is, is it?

19. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    one of them isn't Tim Zahn and one isn't RA Salvatore either.

no, nothing like that, since we have read Keyes' licensed material.
    I think that the Stover guess above is spot on.
    I wish I could be as confusing as GhentZ.

20. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Im going with the popular opinion that Stover will be one of the authors asked to return.

And, DL, dont be so modest...you know you can be pretty shady, maybe not as much as Ghentz, but give yourself some credit. ;)

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I hope Stover is a definite to return. His books really are top-notch. I think people are going to be blown away by his SW novel(s?).

With respect to the one who we have seen their franchise work...

I also think people have overlooked Terry Brooks.

(And here's to hoping it's L. Neil Smith! :D )

22. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I dunno, I don't really want to read another dark and depressing NJO novel... Rebirth was so happy, and then SBS came, and yes it was awesome, but it was too depressing.... :(

23. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I cant wait to read Stover's work. Ive heard so many good things about him, and Ive just picked up Heroes Die, and I cannot wait to tear into it. A very special thanks to Mastadge and Genghis for recommending Stover's previous work.

24. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "No kidding? DMSH, CoD, Rogue Planet, and Approaching Storm is more than two...not even counting JA or JQ..."

Well, JA and JQ aren't technically novels...

And RP and TAS are the only two NOVELS set between Episode I and II, while SH and CoD are both the only two novels thus far set before Episode I.

So yeah, his statements are right on.

25. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah, Rebecca191, SbS was depressing. Why can't the Jedi catch a break, or at least let them mourn in peace (I still cry at night over that). I say let Stackpole and Zahn write one together-that'd be worth reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.