main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedinet:Two authors asked to return

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dev Sibwarra, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Beny...
    "I say let Stackpole and Zahn write one together-that'd be worth reading."

I See a Vision of Future Jedi
    by Mi...Ti...Mi...Ti...
    Publisher's Note: Authors listed in alphabetical order...
    Author note: No! Reverse alpha...
    Author Note: No! alph...
      Luke Skywalker sits deep in thought, when his wife, Mara Jade enters. "Luke, you sorry, stupid SOB," she lovingly told him. "I sense a disturbance in the Force, it is Grand Admiral Thrawn back from the dead. He has teamed up with Baron Fel to destroy the New Republic."

Suddenly, Corran Horn leaps out from under the bed to the astonishment of the couple. "Have no fear, Corran is here!"

"Of course I don't fear, I'm the best," replied Mara.

The closet door opens suddenly as Lando Calrissian runs out flailing his arms in the air and screaming, "Run for your lives, Thrawn has returned!"
    Worth what, I have no idea. [face_plain]

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    ROTFL!!!

3. anyueman

anyueman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    G12, that was truly priceless. I needed a good laugh. :)

4. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I don't know why tou have a deep hatred of Zahn.

If it wern't for him there would be know EU, well, EU Novels anyway.
    Which would mean no NJO!

I hope Stavalore DOES NOT RETURN!
    I HATED VECTOR PRIME!

5. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Illuminatus...
    "I don't know why tou have a deep hatred of Zahn."

?[face_plain] I also made fun of Stackpole who IMO has written two of the most enjoyable EU novels around. ?[face_plain]

"If it wern't for him there would be know EU, well, EU Novels anyway."

Not true. Bantam's idea to pursue the Star Wars novel license predates Zahn. Novels were coming with or without Zahn. He merely won the luck of the draw by having his name pulled from a list. It's a case of being in the right place at the right time, nothing more. However, can also be seen as a case of him being in the wrong place at the wrong time. [face_plain]

There most definitely would be EU novels. Zahn himself admitted the success of HttE was due to fans buying the "Star Wars" stamped on the covers not "Tim Zahn" stamped on the covers.

The only difference is that they would've stood a chance at actually having SW continuity if written by someone else. [face_plain]

"Which would mean no NJO!"

Not true at all.

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Darnit, Genghis, do you like Zahn or not!?! I wish you would stop being so vague! :D

Luke Skywalker sits deep in thought, when his wife, Mara Jade enters. "Luke, you sorry, stupid SOB," she lovingly told him. "I sense a disturbance in the Force, it is Grand Admiral Thrawn back from the dead. He has teamed up with Baron Fel to destroy the New Republic."

Suddenly, Corran Horn leaps out from under the bed to the astonishment of the couple. "Have no fear, Corran is here!"

"Of course I don't fear, I'm the best," replied Mara.

The closet door opens suddenly as Lando Calrissian runs out flailing his arms in the air and screaming, "Run for your lives, Thrawn has returned!"

Hands on hips, Mara glared at Luke, "Is there something you should be telling me?"

Corran nodded to Lando, "I think we should get scarce. Let's get a drink. "

"You're right." Lando nodded.

Corran smiled as he clamped his arm around the gambler's shoulder, "Always am, old buddy, always am."

7. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    by Mi...Ti...Mi...Ti...

Are you sure that's the author? It seems more like a new Chiss villain.

The alien Grand Admiral raised his eyebrow, his red eyes glaring at Corran. "I am Mi'ti'Miti, but you may refer to me by core name... Timmy."

8. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    hey, wait! I'm the one who got the ball rolling on Stover by tracking down Heroes Die and reading and recommending to everyone else first. I found an excerpt on his website and just knew I had to read that novel after reading that.

9. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Actually, GhentZ was the one who started things when he notified fans that Stover had been selected. He also included a link to Amazon.com's sales information for Heroe's Die. However, I'll admit that DL was the key influence in convincing me to read it.

10. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Stackpole or Zahn would be nice, Lucerno would be heavenly... but deep down, I keep hoping they'll ask Ann Crispin back. She did SUCH a fantastic job on the Solo Trilogy and her short stories were wonderful. She, along with James and Mike are personally my fav authors for SW period.

11. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    Hell, I even made GhentZ read Heroes Die.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Kier...
    "Hands on hips, Mara glared at Luke, 'Is there something you should be telling me?'"

LOL! Man, I think Lit. turned into a comedy club today! Funny. Seeing this wants to make me search for that Mara/Kyle thread. :D

Dev Sibwarra...
    "The alien Grand Admiral raised his eyebrow, his red eyes glaring at Corran. 'I am Mi'ti'Miti, but you may refer to me by core name... Timmy.'"

LMAO! And the jokes keep coming! :D

Darth Ludicrous...
    "hey, wait! I'm the one who got the ball rolling on Stover..."

DL, I credit you with raising my interest enough to track down Heroes Die months ago. Because I couldn't find it, I had to "settle" for Blade of Tyshalle and was absolutely blown away by it. I've read Heroes Die since and agree that Stover is one of the top fantasy authors around right now!

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

LOL! Man, I think Lit. turned into a comedy club today! Funny. Seeing this wants to make me search for that Mara/Kyle thread.

You deserve some of the credit- you keep setting me up to play off your posts.

14. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Hmmm...I think HC#5 is the key...I can live with Zahn writing the paperback, but not the hardcover.

I am really happy with most of the NJO authors thus far, and would be happy for any of them to try the game again.

15. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    It's possible that we'll get an old author for HC #5, but GhentZ gave the impression that most will be used for prequel novels. There are only two unsigned novels left in NJO.

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Genghis, that was too innacurate. Not NEARLY enough UberZahn characters doing all the important things :)

17. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    HAHAHAHA!!!

I love you guys...Look out! Its the new Chiss villan Mi'Ti'Mi'Ti!!!!

You all can be so funny. Even when you are making fun of the best Star Wars authors out there. And not to bring the topic back to what we are supposedly talking about...Terry Brooks is a good suggestion, Ghengis! That's be great to see him write for SW again...he did a GREAT job with the TPM novelization.

18. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Let me take this time to offer my most humblest apologies to DL. I never meant to leave you out in my thank you's. So once again, let me thank Genghis, Mastadge, and Darth Ludicrous for recommending Heroes Die.

Dont feel, bad DL... you know I love ya, buddy. ;)

19. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Stover is good, but he's no George R. R. Martin. I found his books tone to be somewhere in between Conan and the Matrix, and while they made for decent, above average quality reading, they weren?t phenomenal. Still, I do look forward to Traitor, and I do hope that he?s one of the ones to return. It would be good to see RA Salvatore return too, though that would mean that it would take even longer for him to write his own stuff :(

If Zahn returns, fanboy?s may very well get their wish, and a super-race will descend upon the Vong from out of the unknown regions.

20. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Bob Salvator IS already returning. He's writing the novelization for Episode 2... did we all forget this?

I personally think that its going to be Stover and Zahn with Prequel era novels.

21. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    I dont know how old the info is, but if you check out www.rasalvatore.com, there is a news article about the new series he is writing for the forgotten realms called War of the Spider Queen. I havent yet read Sea of Swords, but considering the ending of Servant of the Shard (about jarlaxle) I can only assume its going to be about Menzoberanzens history with alot of Jarlaxle and Zaknafien. If this is the case I'd rather see RAS concentrate on his own rather than SW work, and let a few of the other authors come back.

22. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    War of the Spider Queen is not being written by Bob. He is just the Planner.

23. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Bring back Michael P. Kube-McDowell.

25. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Neither GhentZ nor DL convinced me to read Heroes Die. I decided to pick it up after reading his interview on the sfsite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.