main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JediNews: Filming To Be Significantly Delayed By Ford Injury

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    This seems like it might be inevitable given the nature of Ford's injury unfortunately...
    May 2016 looking more likely?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I think it kinda needs to be delayed.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    First, that site's track record is awful. Second, May 2016 is already too full... there are too many other tentpole films already scheduled. Third, there are too many things already in place to delay the release date again. The film is coming out in December 2015. Production may be delayed a bit, but the release date is set.

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Alice in Wonderland 2, X-Men Apocolyse

May 2016-no way.

T-R- and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Lets not hit the panic button yet. This is currently still an unconfirmed rumor.

6. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I guess the logical question is how big of a role does Ford have? I know there has been some debate on whether the story will focus on the next generation vs. the old generation.

7. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Especially if he is a lead who is in the majority of the movie, there is only so much stuff you can shoot around or scenes of having him sitting.

The mention of "multiple sources" I think lends more credence.

Satipo likes this.
  8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Let's see what the offical word is... but it's a no brainer... as has already been mentioned, assuming that Ford did suffer from a bad fracture, they can't just shuffle scenes around if one of the main principles is out for (what could be months). At this stage, Ford could be pivotal to many of the major scenes... we just don''t know. It's better they get him back in good condition than work around him and re-write.

Satipo likes this.
  9. darthgator1217

Apr 25, 2005
    Has it been confirmed that he broke a leg? That seems pretty significant to me, especially since he's , what, 72? Still, he's in great shape for his age from what I understand so panic is probably a bit premature.

10. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    It was confirmed by his publicist:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/showbiz/harrison-ford-star-wars-injury/

11. DARTH MUPPET

Apr 16, 2001
    Anyone can claim they have "multiple sources" on something. That doesn't mean it's true. Again, that particular site doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to rumors, so you should take anything they post with an entire salt lick.

Dak Oolron and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    There's a clear window the 1st week of June. X-Men, in spite of all the hoopla was very frontloaded and dropped off drastically in the US. So there's not much concern there, the only issue would be Alice and Wonderland 2 and how a June release might impact it. Mid-May is also doable, or Disney could really play hardball and shuffle Alice to another date and move Star Wars to May 27. Fox would definitely retreat. Also we don't know if the Brian Singer legal flap might delay that production either.

Yancy

13. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Well it could be any month in Summer, that said do I really think any of those movies would stand a chance against Ep VII? I seriously doubt it, there would be a lot of movies getting out of it's way no matter what date they might move it to.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    While a delay is looking more and more likely, especially with the extent of Ford's injury and the possibility of his role being significant, I have to agree that I don't think they will push it to May. There's just way too much happening that month.

Also, I wonder if 'delay' could simply mean in terms of production and the shooting schedule. Would it be possible for something like that to happen and still not have it impact the initial December release date?

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Keep in mind that the report only indicates a delay in filming, not necessarily a delay in the release date. There IS a difference. It is conceivable that filming could be significantly delayed but they have a plan so that they still get the film out on time.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Trebor Sabreon, T-R-, aleja2 and 5 others like this.
  16. darthgator1217

Apr 25, 2005

Good point; one of the problems now a days is that an unconfirmed source will serve as a source on multiple news outlets.

17. DARTH MUPPET

Apr 16, 2001
    It's not just about finding an open window that summer. There are already deals in place(such as merchandising) that necessitate they stick to the December 2015 release date... not to mention the fact that the Disney investors aren't going to go for another delay.

SithPug and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I think it is likely that there was a meeting at Pinewood to discuss production. I imagine they have those quite often. Maybe even to discuss Ford's schedule. I don't think that necessarily means it's being delayed. I'm sure they have to meet to discuss his scene schedule regardless if it is delaying the movie or not.

19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  20. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Let's not get carried away by unsubstantiated rumors. If there's a delay, we'll learn soon enough. I only hope Mr. Ford recovers.

21. DARTH MUPPET

Apr 16, 2001
    A few other sites posted a story yesterday saying that an internal memo had gone around pinewood saying that the production schedule would need to be altered... moving up scenes originally scheduled for later in the production and moving certain scenes back. Nothing was mentioned about a delay. The memo also said that there would be no new script pages... meaning no rewrites would be necessary. Anyway, that story about the memo could be complete BS, and so could this new one from Jedinews.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think Disney is going to delay. They already didn't want the December 2015 release date. I can't see them being cool with pushing it back a full year or more from what they originally wanted.

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    when does indy 5 start filming?

24. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Has it even been officially confirmed?

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There's a clear window the 1st week of June. X-Men, in spite of all the hoopla was very frontloaded and dropped off drastically in the US. So there's not much concern there, the only issue would be Alice and Wonderland 2 and how a June release might impact it. Mid-May is also doable, or Disney could really play hardball and shuffle Alice to another date and move Star Wars to May 27. Fox would definitely retreat. Also we don't know if the Brian Singer legal flap might delay that production either.

Everything you say is true, but I don't think they would have to wait that long. And yes, they do have control over Alice In Wonderland and can shuffle that.

However, as I said in the other thread, I like the prospect of either March or April 2016 if they have to delay. The first AIW and Hunger Games movies did extremely well in those months. CA2:WS will outdo every movie this summer and came out in April. Summer is not the only time for blockbusters. It's great-but under the circumstances, they may have to be somewhat creative.

But as far as delays due to Ford's injuries-I think that it's a very very likely scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.