main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive jedipencil's catastrophic mess... (April 24)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by jedipencil, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    wow Jedipencil your art looks amazing.I can not wait to see your EU art. The small sketches I have seen look already amazing.

2. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    Well..... here is my effort at Ben Skywalker. I'm thinking it could use a bit more work, on the other hand, I would like to leave it loose as I'm hoping more to convey emotion and reflection rather than flawless rendering. Any opinions? Lay it on me, good or bad......!! :)

The Lament of Ben Skywalker

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jedipencil/lament_of_ben_skywalker.jpg

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that's really good!!

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    How beautiful...I love this so much!! =D==D= The mood is indeed contemplative, somber...sad. It's his mother's lightsaber hilt in his hands, yes...? **lip starts to quiver** He carries so much guilt about her death--assuming he was responsible for it--that feeling seems to come straight through here. Gorgeous skyline and framing, and awesome colors--I love the way Ben's gray clothing contrasts here with the otherwise warm tone of the piece--it seems to convey his distress even more. The turn of his head also suggests he's thinking hard--about how to avenge her...? How to best memorialize her...? We don't really know. A beautiful, touching painting of our young Skywalker--and I agree with the "keeping it loose" you mentioned--defining it much more might detract from the mood and overall atmosphere. Amazing work! [face_love]

FF

5. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    very nice!

6. jedipencil

Oct 30, 2006
    Gimer - Thank you!

FalconFan - thanks so much for dropping by and giving me your opinion.... yes those are his mother's things, and in my mind he's thinking about alot of stuff. I am very pleased with this painting, but I have a feeling I'd better ''keep at it''.... so I will.

NYcitygurl - Why thank you...

7. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Wow thats really beautiful . :)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's really great! I love the colors and the detailing you put into it! It's a nice atmospheric piece.

And of course, there isn't enough Ben Skywalker images out there, so that's always nice to see. ;)

9. jedipencil

Oct 30, 2006
    I've planned the change that I want to make in it, and have a slew of images I'll post as soon as I can...

Thanks for stopping by to comment everyone!! [:D]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A really nice piece of art with the colours. Great work

11. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    What a beautiful picture of Ben! I especially love the picture on the table, and the lightsaber in his hand.

Great work! =D=

12. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    Your Ben is amazing! :eek: :D Thanks. :)

13. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    WOW! As it is beautiful! Though I not so like Ben's hairdress - like at it the plait was - all the same fine.@};-

[face_devil] Bel[face_devil]

14. jedipencil

Oct 30, 2006
    Here is a Jacen Solo sketch card for a cancer benefit:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jedipencil/jacen_solo.jpg

Up next: redoing Ben, plus a couple of new Ben pieces. And more twins. Plus the New Set... :D:D

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I really love the expression on his face.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Absolutely gorgeous! =D==D= This would HAVE to be the Jacen teetering on the fall--trying to figure out if the path he is choosing is the right one... His troubled expression is perfect, and I adore the resemblence to his father--it's just perfect! Beautiful light and composition, and the palette is wonderful--another fabulous addition to your growing EU collection! =D= I am so loving these!! [face_dancing] :D

FF

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I love the expression! Like FalconFan said, it's as if he's tettering on the edge of the Dark Side and still unsure whether he should take the plunge. And of course, his resemblance to Han is uncanny. Nicely done! :)

18. jedipencil

Oct 30, 2006
    HanSolo, FalconFan, NYCityGirl, DathBellumSolo..... Thank you SO MUCH for your kind words... :) I do welcome crits very much, so don't by shy if you think it coulda been done better, (which in all my work is the truth)

I'm looking forward to posting the remake of Ben - so far I'm happier with it this time. So far.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow! I love your Ben Skywalker, jedipencil! It's a gorgeous piece of art... you can feel the emotion in it so well, it's tangible. [face_love] Jacen is just as great -- love the dark feeling I'm getting from it.

=D=

20. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    I really love your Ben Skywalker, I can feel the emotion and its such a beautiful painting I find myself captivated by it [face_love]

Your Jacen is beautiful too. I'm looking forward to more of your work :)

21. jedipencil

Oct 30, 2006
    Things are on hold for a bit while Galaxy is on... Here is what is approved so far...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jedipencil/sw_galaxy_1_9.jpg
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jedipencil/sw_galaxy_37_45.jpg
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/jedipencil/sw_galaxy_28_36.jpg

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are awesome!! I love the colors. you captured Leia's face really well.

~Nat

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I got a glimpse of these over at Scoundrel and I absolutely love them! The colors really bring them to life!

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This is breathtaking and amazing!

:eek:

I am glad that I stumbled over this thread.

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, I LOVE the Galaxy cards!! =D= One of my favorites is the Han/Leia (with the Ford-Finger-Gesture): "You could USE a good kiss!!" They're all so well done--your ability to capture light, shadow and tone on such tiny canvases continues to leave me in awe... Fabulous work!! =D=

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.