main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jedi's Philosophy During The War

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by windu4, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I thought the reason they went to war with Seperatists was the Trade Federation invaded Naboo 10 yrs. before and they wanted retaliation. One thing led to another, a domino effect, and just like WW1, they fought a pointless war, because of the domino effect. WW1 happened because 1 country went to war over an assasination, for revenge.

Think about it. If Archduke Franz Ferdinand was never shot, Hitler never would've risen to power because WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles never would've have happened.

Therefore WW2 never happens, and 40-60 million lives never would've been lost.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Of course the Jedi going to war is inconsistent with their ideals, that's the whole point as it (among other things) led to their downfall.

The prequels answered the question of "How did the Jedi Order fall?" very well.

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The Clone Wars is the Science Fiction/Sci-Fi equivalent of the American Civil War, I guess.............................................

4. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    That's kind of an oversimplification of events. I see where you're going with this, but I've never viewed the Separatists' issue as retaliation, but rather as necessary to prevent further dissidence and fragmentation of the Republic (so similar to the US Civil War in some respects).

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah, Yes, Yep.........

Agreed.....!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.