main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JediTAC - An Apology

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediTAC, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay . . . I?ve done a bit of introspection, and I decided that I wanted to publicly apologize to the Forum for some of my behavior over the last couple of weeks.

For those of you who have been around this Forum for a while, you know me to be a very passionate person when it comes to various issues. Admittedly, and unfortunately, this passion sometimes gets the best of me, and is reflected in the way I choose to communicate my thoughts, feelings, ideals and positions.

While I do not feel that there is necessarily anything wrong with being passionate about things, I do recognize that my ?inner fire? is often construed as too sarcastic and/or aggressive. I don?t have any personal ?demons? or ?gripes with life? that cause me to communicate this way . . . but, nevertheless, it does happen from time-to-time. And although this may be very difficult for many of you to believe . . . I honestly am trying to work on this and control ?the beast within.? (In a sense, you could say that I am trying to self-rehabilitate myself) ;)

In my own defense, however, I do believe that there are equally as many instances (if not more) that I genuinely want and try to help people ? to the best of my knowledge and abilities. I have a very extroverted personality . . . and, even in my ?real life,? I am constantly trying to make people laugh and generally feel good about themselves, their jobs and/or their lives. Granted, however, my brand of humor and/or sarcasm sometimes doesn?t come-off, or isn?t construed, as it was intended.

In any case, I wanted to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to those I have offended and/or angered with things that I have said and/or ideas that may have been misunderstood/misconstrued. I cannot guarantee with 100% certainty that I may not make future ?Classic JediTAC? comments . . . but I will try to better formulate whatever responses and/or messages I make with more courtesy and respect.

Lastly, I want it to be known that no one put me up to this . . . nor did I receive any recent warnings from any of the forum Administrators and/or Moderators. I do this on my own accord and from my own heart and sense of integrity. :D

Your friend,

JediTAC

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    This whole engagement thing really has you feeling all warm-and-fuzzy inside, doesn't it TAC? ;)

Have fun.

3. Shoveler

Shoveler Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    TAC, I don't post often, you may see a post from me here or there, however I lurk quite a lot on this forum and read many replies you give and I can always see the humour in them. I agree more often then not you are trying to help the person :D and your sarcasm, in my opinion, is pure hilarity. But I find it very admirable you should come out and say these things even though I personally don't think it is warranted.

Go TAC

Shoveler

4. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    "Mini-Tribal!"

*dance* *chant* *dance*

:D

~DK~

5. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Bravo Bravo! Good move, Tac. I too though, think it's unnecessary. You seem to help out people when you can. Your sarcastic comments are funny to me. I guess because I have a strange sense of humor as well though.

6. Shoveler

Mar 8, 2001
    GROUP HUG!!! :D

...I'm going back to my cage now sirs.

Shoveler

7. darynvallon

darynvallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2001
    Well,
    I read the subject and I thought -> :eek:
    I read the entire message and I thought -> :D
    I read it again and now I think -> :)

TAC, good job. I'm sure you know everyone here love you man ;)

Greg.

8. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I'm surprised that people still get so incredibly upset over these things. It's always not as easy to communicate through message boards and all too often someone will take these things WAAAY too seriously. I've actually had someone tell me that they wished I was dead based off of some insensitive thing I once wrote without thinking too much about it (and I wrote it while checking my email after binge-drinking so I don't think that helped).

I'm a good writer, I just don't communicate my own thoughts very well this way. A friend of mine is the total opposite. He writes his own thoughts wonderfully, yet he is probably one of the most annoying people I've ever meet to talk to face-to-face.

It's just a message board and nobody here wants to make enemies. If someone says something you don't like just say, "hey man, that's not cool." They'll probably see your point once they stop to think about what they said. Peace.

9. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
    JediTAC

It is truly funny how we really don't know one another on the web.

I stumbled on you response in the software for "opening crawls" and I thought to myself, this can't be the same person. But it is. You are very helpful alot of the time.

As much as I accuse you of making assumptions about people's posts, I find myself guilty of it as well.

I really don't know you at all. We really don't know anyone here.

I guess that's why I rant about being extra sensitive toward others and trying to assume that they might not have meant things they way they came out.

I'm sorry for being so hard on you all the time.

Sauja

10. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    "Apology accepted, Captain Neda .."

WE ARE THE WORLD! WE ARE THE CHILDREN ...!

11. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    As Jack handy said: "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man."

Hehe! Couldn't help myself!

;)

-tm

12. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    It's good that you have highlighted this beast within, that goes a long way to resolving any issues you may have.

As you know I much prefer the helpful JediTAC to the 'other one' , and your contributions to the forum are so much greater when you help others. It does take a lot to apologise, so I doff my cap to you for doing so. :)

13. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    personally, i've always enjoyed Tac's brand of humor... and i've seen first hand the helpful side of Tac, as he's saved my butt on more than one occasion... lol... your post was well worded and well executed... very good form, old bean...

heck, I'D vote for ya! ;)

14. Tri-Som_Gare

Tri-Som_Gare Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Well, dont get all mushy on me princess!

It is good of you TAC to come out and say this as I do feel a good bit of your posts were a little, uh, abrasive. But I think alot of them were MEANT to be taken in jest, but with mere words here it is hard to tell a persons emotion when you cannot see their face. Cheers to you!

I to dont post alot here either but lurk daily and I love it. What a wealth of info there is too be had here!

Oh yeah, one more thing,

Since this is a "feel good" thread, the first guy to talk about tupperware, stretch marks or Steel Magnolias, I am outta here! ;)

I'm done

Gare

15. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Although I barely know you,TAC, I respect you for everything you do. I don't mind your instructiveness to newbies, because although your methods seem harsh, its just making sure they never do it again. Now, sometimes you do step over the line, but theres always a correction made. And any newbie that makes a dumb mistake, you begin your correction with "First of all, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!" which shows that you're just trying to be helpful while also being stern so the newbie doesn't think that what they did is perfectly fine (i.e. not reading the FAQ or posting CONSTANT repetitive topics).

I dunno, I never had a problem with you TAC, but if you think you did, more power to you.

~Neszis~

16. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    we all know TAC uses a template for when he posts.
    at the top, it automatically puts in First of all, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!, then he fills in his post. ;)

j/k

nice to hear the apology (though i have nothing against you, we're on the same side). takes a lot of guts to admit one's faults. we're here for ya and are gonna help you as much as we can.

/me joins in in the group hug

17. datoolman

datoolman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2001
    What exactly does this have to do with Fan Films?!

;) Sorry... I had to do it

18. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    ::sniker::

teehee :D

~DK~

19. Shoveler

Mar 8, 2001
    Hey datoolman this would make an interesting premise for a fanfilm. Based on TAC's apology and the effect of it on the fanfilm community.

"This time there will be no more excuses...this time there will be no more questions...this time if you don't check the FAQs JediTAC is gonna whoop your ass newbie!"

What do ya think? I've already sent my working script to Hollywood and I had the glory of seeing my script thrown angrily into a rubbish bin RATHER than simply dropped into a gutter with the rest of the filth like most others...ahhhh, I feel above so many people :D

Shoveler

20. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Can I be in the movie ??? :(

21. Shoveler

Mar 8, 2001
    No, we've already cast Michael J Fox in your position, sorry TAC, maybe next time ;) but you can be Mr Fox's love interest :D

Haha if I was making a fan film anywhere near you I would build you a golden statue, buy a five thousand dollar suit (just to how serious I am) get down on my knees in the mud and BEG you to be in it! :D

Shoveler

22. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    TAC you've made your presence felt on these boards for quite some time now.
    And you know what, the fact you're not banned and you're still here means that it must be a good thing..right? ;)
    Great to have you with us all the same! [face_mischief]

23. datoolman

datoolman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2001
    YES !!!! I can see the movie coming together. GREAT idea Shoveler. I don't think MJ Fox will do though. I was considering PeeWee Herman in the lead and a Yoda hand puppet as the love interest. ;)

Now get this topic back on track !

D

24. Shoveler

Mar 8, 2001
    Okay okay datoolman we can compromise here. PeeWee Herman as the love interest and Martin Short as JediTAC!!! It makes perfect sense :D

Shoveler

25. swmaster

swmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Oh no, this fourum is starting to resemble Demolition Man!
    "Have a happy happy day"

Arrg, Tac I need you to be yourself!

SWmaster

"I may be surrounded by insanity, But I am not insane!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.