main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    She was nice for the most part. I even got in on the Battlegrounds tourney. I think most are ambivalent on her but less so on JW.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I knew Conn. Not as well as some people in this thread, but fairly well. I'm not posting here to mock her or JW (who I didn't really know). I guess some of my jokier posts, in this thread and in others, is a way for me to kind of process this. It's incredibly surreal and painful to think about the fact that a young woman I used to talk to a lot has probably died a very violent death while pregnant. Conn and I didn't always get along, but who always gets along? I realize that it may be offensive to some, but I'm joking about the situation, to the degree that I am, because it's really the only way I can wrap my head around it. I guess that's often what I use humor for, to try to decrease the power that horrible events have on me. But I'm not laughing at Conn and JW; I'm laughing, sick as this sounds, at the absurdity of the situation itself. It's the only thing I can do, I guess. I can't change anything about the situation; making a joke about it gives me some level of power over it, I guess. It doesn't mean that I'm not sad and upset by this news. It's horrible, so how could I not be? But sometimes . . . well, I've rambled enough and this post is incredibly earnest and hokey, so I'll just cut it off here.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i dont know these people and im just a big jerk

i think connemara sent me a PM once way back out of the blue because she saw me say something nice about AC Crispin (EU author who posted here a while and was kind enough to reply to starstruck PMs from a pimply-faced teenage fan) in a thread and she wanted me to know what a ***** she thought AC Crispin was

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    To be fair, it was yours truly who managed to get him banned for his racism.

Oh, and mods? Don't ban the SoK sock. Yes, you have the power to do so, though what good would it actually achieve?

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Ban sainty? Don't be ridiculous. I for one see no evidence that sainty is in fact a sock of Saint of Killers. I find the whole idea rather far-fetched actually. Even laughable. Haha. [face_peace]

6. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I can empathize more with Connemara than JW, because I remember her. Honestly guys, I often thank my lucky stars I grew up without internet, because I grew up pretty sheltered and niave too. I once answered a newspaper ad to go to Isreal to live/work at one of those anti Palestinian settlement camps. I s*+# you not. This guy is a bit of an enigma. I can tell you, a fanatical religious person with out a support system can flip easily. It's awful if she is dead, but some sort of misguided idealism got her farther than any of us or most of the freeworld could dream up.

harpuah and Master_Jacen like this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not fussed by the sanctimonious notion that everyone's "mocking" JW and Conn. Most of us have said we didn't really know them that well or have some general impressions, but at the same time everyone's agreed this is pretty awful regardless. Some of us are just naturally curious, though, and this is a bizarre situation that we're trying to figure out and wrap our heads around.

And I'm sorry, but saying "going hiking in Afghanistan is stupid" is not mocking someone. It's stating a fact. And for most of us, it's in an attempt to figure out why someone would do that. Speculation based on what we do know about them is going to happen. It's a natural human reaction when something completely bizarre and unexplained happens.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I would even go further with ""going hiking in Afghanistan while American, female and late-term pregnant is stupid" before adding in the even-weirder part of previous familiial connections of her current-husband...

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes. All those things.

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    No matter what, I hope that both of them are alive and that they can come safely home.

God be with them. And the Force.

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    dp4m you forgot serious kidney condition.

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I thought it was a liver condition :confused:

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Sorry, got my vital organs confused.

15. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    JW was flipped by his first wife a while ago. The divorce was because the father didn't want it. He didn't have a decent dowry. But JW still was apart of the group or so he thought. It appears the family used their influence to get him to travel to Afghanistan. He was going to become the white Alquaida. He got Conne hooked on him and used the marriage as a means to an end. He was going to influence her to become just like him. A jihadist, for the cause. Who would suspect a nice white couple with a kid of being Jihadist. But something happend. three possibilities. Conne got wise to the whole act and died for it. Two, they didn't like the fact she was American and he was Canadian. Kinda ruins the whole thing if you haven't already become a canadian citizen. She would have been investigated and traveling to Afghanistan would have exposed the plan. Kill her and probably him. If he comes back alive he is not to be trusted. 3. Its possible however unprobable that they met an untimely end by highwaymen. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Its also possible they were in the wrong place because they wanted to be there but got lost on the way to a terrorist camp.

One more thing, its easier to take out soft targets when you have wannabee terrorists who are mearly addicted to the cause. They are not martyrs they are just simple tools to be used by those who run the show.

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you ******* people

Point Given likes this.
  17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Beezel26, please stop talking crap in this thread.

18. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    We care for Conne, not JW. His influence and choices do not leave us to believe he was acting in the best manner.

19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    **** off, Beezel.

MrZAP, Master_Jacen, tom and 3 others like this.
  20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Beeze, this is decidedly one of the biggest cranial-rectal inversion post I've ever seen, even from you.* You'll need the jaws of life to remove your foot from your mouth here... :oops:

*which is a shame, in PM's it seems you actually DO have a few tight screws upstairs, but this one...

21. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Neither one of you have had contact with either individual so none of us knows the truth. All you can do is speculate. You hope for the wonderful glorious time where no one could ever do harm to another and I live in the real world. A time when time when anyone who is dumb enough can come under the influence of others. Some lose more then just money and time. Some lose themselves and their families. Some do damage we hope to never see. This isn't a place normal people go to go on adventures. You don't take a pregnant woman to the most unhospitable place. To many coincedences add up to something bad in my mind. I am not putting my foot in my mouth. I am only stating what I see is a possibilty. However ugly it may be. But if he comes back alive without her, then I wouldn't trust him. If they come back together then wonderful but they got a lot of explaining to do. This is all I have to say. I remember her and the good times. I remember Conne in a good way. But no matter what its the past. And I hope beyond hope she was simply misguided and in love. That is why she chose to join him. And most of all I hope she is alive. Don't waste your time trying to beat me up with your upbeat dogma. No one wins this conversation if they don't come back alive or remain missing.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    no. there are some people who are trying to speculate, based on the very limited and in many cases vague and confusing facts we have available to us, in order to try to make some sense of this whole thing. what you're doing is talking out of your ass. or just trolling. either way, stop it.

23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    White Alquaida you say...[face_thinking]

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    For the love of god, beez... shut the **** up.

25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    White Alquaida... i think that's a breed of llama