main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    how is jw any stupider than connemara? yeah, it's stupid to take your wife and unborn child to afghanistan. and it's stupid of her to take herself and her unborn child to afghanistan. or was it a case of "i'm da man and i take ma woman wherever i damn well please" and she had no say in it?

i admit that i don't know all the details, though, so please go ahead and enlighten me if i've gotten this all wrong.

V-2, hudzu, Darth Guy and 3 others like this.
  2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

you got me

3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    zapdos may i say your grasp of colloquial flyover-country american english is exquisite

siha, R2-DK, Darth Guy and 3 others like this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Connamara has always been a little (a lot) naive and a "Do anything for love.... violins, butterflies, and cupids, zomg" sort of person. She's a dummy for agreeing with it, but it's no surprise that she did.

5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    says the author of the baby-snatching post

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

siha and Darth Guy like this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... yes, that was, indeed, a wtf post. Like I said earlier, I owned up to that being goofy several pages ago. Between this thread, and the missing airplane thread, you certainly are getting your rage on. :p

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They both sound equally naïve for taking the trip to Afghanistan. Then again, I don't know either of those two to really make a judgment call.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I don't need to know them to make a judgment call on stupidity. I'm very concerned for the welfare of the baby. I hope they all make it home okay.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I didn't mean to imply beezel is great (really guys, i ridicule beez the most).

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I hope for the most that the baby is alive and perfectly healthy despite the circumstances.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I do love when you make your cushion fortress of Moral Righteousness. It is always for the most insipid reasons and sounds like your mate VLM when he too whips up faux-histrionics.

JW, based on his background, was positioned to know the risks better than Conne and by all accounts lead the charge which put her at risk. If karma sees fit to punish that idiocy then good. He had a responsibility as a parent to be a shirked it.

Jesus you are all hypocrites. None of you liked JW and are probably thinking he put Conne at risk, effectively putting all blame on him. But to vocalise that, if he is dead it is probably no big loss given his enormous negligence... toxic?

Seriously Vivec. You are so transparent it is adorable. Who's da big boy wif his grown up mock outwage? Awwww.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just thinking that this is the same Ender who raged so over the barbarity of the death penalty now being callous about somebody's death being not a big deal because of his negligence to himself and others.

Moral righteousness indeed, Ender.

If you hold human life so valuable, you should act like it. A little decency never hurt anyone.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Quoted for posterity

Just so you guys know the quality of person you are dealing with.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I find that funny considering I don't really talk much about history. But let's point out some recent history shall we?

And yet:

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Think he actually talks to people like this in real life?

Personally, I think he's funny... but yeah, he does go a bit overboard, at times.

slightly_unhinged and Zapdos like this.
  16. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Remember guys, you voted him most improved.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

on the contrary i would argue this is entirely in keeping with his neoliberal worldview - "the state cant kill you directly, but if you happen to die... eh, its your own fault. **** you and we're using the horse you rode in on to make glue". its never been a compassionate worldview so much as a dogmatic one

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, it's consistent with his worldview but it's still pretty terrible. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    just do what ender do, tom

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Jello putting someone else in harm's way because you're entirely selfish? Inexcusable. In much the same way suggesting the death penalty is the same as a blunt indifference as to whether this person lives or doesn't.

And I truly don't. I wouldn't put a damn friend in a spot where they could get randomly hit by a drunken MMA-retard fan in Sydney, so you can believe I wouldn't advocate putting your pregnant partner in mortal danger to satisfy your own selfish wants. It's inexcusable and I'm sorry if your collective need to pretend to give a **** is offended by a little brutal honesty. It reminds me of the galling hypocrisy around dizfactor's death - "Oh, I didn't know him well but I respected him immensely" - No, you didn't, you just feel you have to say the right thing here or your peers won't think you sufficiently compassionate enough.

It's obviously you care more about how the rest of the JC sees you than you do about the people in question. I've no issue whatsoever with the notion that JW might read my posts. If he has to see that someone was angry that he was a selfish imbecile and that same person was blithely indifferent to his fate, so be it. I'll be counting all the ****s I don't give the whole time and resisting the urge to point out that JW showed similar scant concern for Conne's fate as I show for his.

In the meantime, I suggest you tend to your high horses. Appears to be in something of a jam:

[​IMG]

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Way to double down. Go ahead and hit that What's new? button. Plenty of people need insulting.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

This makes no sense, VLM. So I assume you're trying to discuss something scientific?

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It makes plenty of sense. But please keep doing what you are doing. Proceed.

24. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Guys stop feeding the troll.

V-2 likes this.
  25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012