main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    After what he's been through, I am assuming he is emotionally unstable and personality is somewhat effected.

2. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Which part of that interview was glib?

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    ITT amateur psychologists point to whatever they can to confirm their bias.

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    His major in university was war journalism. Soo...it makes perfect sense that he'd go to one. Maybe next time it can be just him and we'll have stories of how fun and charming he used to be*.

*Your mileage may vary depending on how close you were to him.

The tone of his voice. He doesn't seem remorseful at all. He speaks as if it were an every day occurrence.

yankee8255 likes this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    "He doesn't understand that there's a sun outside, so forget Mickey Mouse, we're dealing with the basics,” Boyle told TODAY's Stephanie Gosk. “It's not welcome to the western world, it's not welcome to Canada, it's welcome to life."

“Her religious faith gets her through. That, and her love of being a mother,”

“What we're seeing there is really what happens when a child goes through his entire life without even a concept of what hoping for better is, because they don't know better can even exist,” he said.

Not glib. Not a bit of it.

6. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I didn't read glib into that at all - I saw it more as "you're asking me about Mickey mouse? He didn't even effing know that the sun exists and you're asking me about Mickey Mouse?!"

But I suppose everyone will read it differently.

7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    How should his voice be sounding?

Diggy , tom and Point Given like this.
  8. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Well, I know personally he's a psycho. So it's not too surprising. Still..his casual demeanor in this all really grates on me. Can't believe I actually rode in a car with that snake.

SpecForce Trooper and yankee8255 like this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Your theory Vivec: yeah, you're right.

10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't have the deep personal and in depth expertise that comes from knowing someone well enough to share a car ride, but objectively the man is a dip****.

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Boyle writes of how the boys are being educated and boasts that his four-year-old knows about 100 words in both Latin and Arabic and has mastered sign language. He can do timetables up to 5x5 and also likes to play ISS with blankets.

So he's either lying then or he's lying now. My guess is he's lying now since he seems to enjoy lying. He lied to Cait about wanting to kill himself so he could stay in contact with his ex. That's what led to her calling me a monster and Satan because I wouldn't call his ex at 12am and tell her he was going to off himself.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

This reminds me of the movie Room.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    What the actual ****, bruh?

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  15. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Which? I'm not lying. He actually did and said those things. Here's another thing about how much he valued

So, when I see him say this stuff I don't believe one word of it. He's a serial liar and manipulator.

btw, not me in the convo. But that is how he would talk in the chats I was in with him and others. So I have no trouble believing it.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Fido, this is ****ing bizarre, even for you.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm out. This is getting disturbing now and I want nothing to do with it.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    JCC: This whole thing with JW/Connemara is pretty crazy isn't it?

F_I_D: Hold my beer.

19. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    It's not. It's just that if you're going to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'd seriously suggest against it.

yankee8255 likes this.
  20. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    As someone who hasn't been here for that long, this whole thread is absolutely F A S C I N A T I N G.

21. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Former hostage Joshua Boyle said Monday he and his wife decided to have children even while held captive because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”
    Boyle, his American wife, Caitlan Coleman, and their three children were rescued Wednesday, five years after the couple was abducted in Afghanistan on a backpacking trip. The children were born in captivity.
    “We’re sitting as hostages with a lot of time on our hands,” Boyle told The Associated Press in an email Monday. “We always wanted as many as possible, and we didn’t want to waste time. Cait’s in her 30s, the clock is ticking.”
    Source: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...d-his-wife-had-kids-in-taliban-captivity.html

Okay, did anyone else feel absolutely ill reading this garbage?

22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Woah, that's messed up big style

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Nobody is "giving him the benefit of the doubt." But we're trying not to be jerks about it. Or act like crazy weirdos when making our points.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
  25. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Crazy weirdos? Feh. I'm not being a jerk about it. I'm just telling you all stuff that happened and why I have an ax to grind against him. He's not as the media's been portraying him and I feel pity for Cait. I used to speak to her regularly before she went off the deep end for this cretin.