main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    This makes me so nostalgic for the days when the JCC was hop hop hopping all the time and so much was simmering just beneath the surface. All the simmering. Now beneath the surface it's just more surface, then more surface, all the way down.

-RebelScum-, Juliet316 and SuperWatto like this.
  2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    As crazy as their ride has been, glad they are safe.

Never knew them personally, but been on these boards for years and been following their capture since this thread began.

His mannerisms in his interviews set off some weird alarms though.

Oh well, still glad they are safe.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah, it's not as interesting these days. However, my curiosity called me back. Now I'm glad I left given the responses from the usual peanut gallery.

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    FID, I gotta say, posting some old chat transcript is completely bizarre, as if trying to prove he’s some psycho who never loved her. These things change. People’s feelings about other people change. All. The. Time. I’m happy you shared a car ride with him, but pointing to old chats to claim you definitively knew someone, basically better than anybody else, when the bulk of your relation with each other was online is kinda wacky. Guess who almost certainly know him better than you: his family, real life friends (this is not you), probably some government officials, his captors, and Connemara. You have a very small and a very forced perspective on who this man Josh might be.

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I think that its ignorant to say he's a saint or a sinner. He might still be scummy, or he might be a great guy. All we have to go on is what he's said to the press and what we extrapolate from this whole crazy ordeal.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The kids were voluntary? Wtf?

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

My favourite was when you argued people make mistakes in their youth as a way of defending what a substance-less person you are, but then castigated someone for the same reason. It's not that I find you a hypocrite, it's just that I find you detestable as a person and consider your calling other people snakes to be actually amusing at this point.

Anyway, it's getting late, and you know, don't want to hold you up any longer.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Someone's also made the Star Wars connection there. Only a matter of time 'til they connect the dots to here. Should be fun.

KnightWriter, Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Wait til they find out Han is dead.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

If they are going to find out about the JC anyway, then I think we really need to give the outside world our best impression and go nuts on the theories of white American baby trade in that region. Let's embrace it like harps has; "I've heard it's up to 3x the going rate for healthy Russian babies, and a whopping 6x the rate for a single Pakistani baby."

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Reddit: how many different ways are there to post this question

[​IMG]

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Do Not Post Chat Logs Without Permission. I don't care how old it is, I don't care that some other person found the transcript, I don't care that these news stories make JW/Connemara quasi-publicly known figures. Do not do it. Absolutely unacceptable invasion of privacy.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'll practice interacting with redditors from the default subs.

JC'er here. Can confirm. Doggo. MRW. It's about ethics in journalism.

15. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Seems like you have it down already.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Please, keep up with the memes. It's all about Mayocide and Bussy now.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Our source rode in a car with him once, can confirm psychopathy.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Be reasonably, imagine if you were in love with someone, and not only did they pick another for their paramour, and that same paramour put your love in extreme danger. You can't say you'd be a fan of his.

Rylo Ken, Juliet316 and Ender Sai like this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Since we are of course speaking hypothetically, I could respond with "saddest masturbation ever?". If we spoke of an actual person, which we do not and would not (mustn't), I wouldnt say that because wicked and impolite.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's just about the ultimate cry ****.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I imagine someone with two broken arms, cast in plaster from knuckles to shoulder, would be the only person who would be sadder.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I googled "cry ****".... was not disappointed.

[​IMG]

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    If I wasn't attached to a Bernese mountain dog who is a real like Agent Kazak, and is unwell, I'd make that my avatar on these forums.

25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    See how fat the dude was before his capture. Forget the movie deal, he should bring out a diet book.