main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    When I first saw the thread title I thought :rolleyes: :p Typical JCC silliness, then I saw FIDO's name attached and thought [face_thinking] - Fid's not normally one to indulge -maybe they were in the Military like GrilledSarlac (which would make me sad) but reading through... wow, just wow... I remember Con from C-3 as well, and of course both of them from around the JCC - truly sad and scary all around...

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is strange and sad. Obviously before my time, but I seriously hope they get out ok.

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I was at C3 and met DarthBreezy in person, but don't remember meeting either of these two, but I sure hope they are all right. Especially the baby.

4. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, it's no secret that Connemara and I had our differences, but this is really bizarre and tragic. I hope they're well and they're able to return.

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  5. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    There's so much wtf in that article. I hope they're okay, along with their must-be-born-by-now child. It's just... insane.

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    What a strange story. The mysterious break-in, the--apparently--secret trip to Afghanistan...

The Colemans were not sure how the young couple got into Afghanistan or what they intended to do there, though they described them as “tourists.”

But the Colemans heard from Josh when he was in an "unsafe" part of Afghanistan. Didn't they ask him how on Earth he got there? Maybe they did, and he never replied.

There's also the unlikely possibility they have had an accident. I hope they are OK though.

yankee8255 likes this.
  7. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I think the people talking about missionary work are probably on the right path, it's the easiest way to account for some of the weird inconsistencies in the story and I think it's common for people who evangelize in dangerous or anti-Christian parts of the world keep it pretty secret and claim to be tourists. Her parents would probably be worried that admitting they were there for evangelical reasons would make their situation worse if they're being held hostage.

R2-DK, Handmaiden Yané and Debo like this.
  8. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I know I'm late, but holy living ****. Didn't know them well at all, but I do remember them. That is seriously horrible.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Man....

10. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    So that's the most insane award for 2013 locked up, right?

11. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Heck, I won't even go to Mexico or Detroit.

Jedi Merkurian and SuperWatto like this.
  12. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I remember her as a bit of a drama queen but I hope the three of them are ok.

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, she was a hardcore drama queen.

I don't know... I'm tempted to say that I hope they're okay, and that they'll make it back, but I seriously doubt it. A pregnant American woman in an "unsafe" area of Afghanistan just doesn't sit well with me. There's a chance that mrsvos' theory could be right... maybe they did convert and become natives, but I kind of doubt it. My gut fears the worst.

What the **** were they thinking?

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Mods, please retag thread as Senate.

siha, Ender Sai and Rogue_Ten like this.
  15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    The funny thing is that just the other day I was wondering where Conn had gone to, could have knocked me over with a feather after reading the story and this thread. Conn and I got along well enough. She hung out a lot with me at C3 and I remember her always smiling that same smile which is in the photo which was posted earlier. I'm still a little stunned after reading this and I hope and pray that they're both OK.

And I have to say that after being at this board from the start, this has GOT to be one of the craziest things I've ever seen. And I say that after having seen all kinds of Mod drama, Slackers, Jedi Master Beal, Refugees, Outlaws, Sapient, the DB, Tessark, starwarsagent, beezel, and Juli. This place is starting to look like the Florida of the internet.

yankee8255, MrZAP, Yoda_S and 5 others like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    And Darwin too, I suppose.

(sorry, I just couldn't resist any longer and everyone who says I'm a terrible person is correct. Also I agree with harpuah -- if you are a citizen of part of the coalition that attacked, this was monumentally stupid, especially if pregnant. Unless they went native.)

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    nevermind

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I can't help think of my wife's pregnancies. Everything from making sure she's comfortable, going in for ultrasounds to make sure the baby is OK, worrying about her health, making sure she's taking the vitamins she should, checking which local hospitals have the best obstetrics/maternity dept, etc.

Next time (hypothetically) screw all that, let's go camping in Tora Bora.

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Besides her drama(and she had a ton of it) here on the boards, I do remember meeting her and quite a few of the people in that video. That was such a long time ago though I honestly only remember the face paint. I called my brother who hasn't posted here in a few years and he still remembers her being just a chill girl with a mouth. I hope they are OK but I really wouldn't be shocked if they converted as crazy as it would be.

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    This is a frakked up situation. I have no clue why a pregnant woman would want to be in Afghanistan in the first place, but I hope things turn out ok. I'm not holding my breath on it though.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    This is ******* insane. I knew JediWarrior in passing. Talked to Con quite a bit back in the day. She could get kind of ridiculous, which led to us kind of drifting apart after I was honest with her about how she was kind of just causing a lot of her own problems. Came really close to meeting her once when she was coming through my area, but we missed each other. Either way, this is just insane. From the stories, it definitely appears that more was going on than met the eye with the two of them and their little jaunt. Some kind of weird agendas or something going on. So, to my mind, there's no telling what's happened to them. Regardless, I'm really shocked to hear about this and, unlikely as it may be, I really hope everything turns out okay, particularly since Con was pregnant

22. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Josh was also a bit of a drama queen. He would always threaten suicide and such to keep people concerned about him. There's a whole MSN chat somewhere on my computer which led to Connemara calling me Satan for refusing to buy into his lies. The thing is, when I met him back in 2005 he was a pretty decent guy in person or so I thought. Either way I hope they're both okay but I do not have fond memories of him or of her--the difference being that Caitlin actually apologized to me a couple years ago.

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Maybe she just wanted to push some Talibans sputtering into a puddle?

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Her memoirs would definitely be more exciting if she was writing them now instead of eight years ago.

Handmaiden Yané and jp-30 like this.
  25. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I doubt there was a conversion, not saying one would be impossible, but kind of improbable. Conne was a pretty staunch Catholic as I recall.

On the other hand, if the Taliban demand a $14,000 ransom for their safe release then we now know who to call...

Rogue1-and-a-half, jp-30 and mrsvos like this.