JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    So, has anyone read Lie Down with Lions by Ken Follet? It's set in Afghanistan, there is a pregnant woman, though I think she's French, a CIA agent and a KGB agent. The woman and her lover (the KGB) agent are doing volunteer work in the Afghani mountains. In the end the woman and the CIA agent get caught up with working with the Mujaheddin in their struggle against the Soviet Army (and the KGB agent). Of course since it's written in 1986 the Afghani warriors are the good guys here, but I definitely got reminded of that book while reading the theories here.
  2. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Sorry to hear that, and I don't want to see another JCCer wind up missing after venturing off to some third world hellhole.
    Last edited by Kyle Katarn, Feb 22, 2013
    VadersLaMent and Obi-Zahn Kenobi like this.
  3. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    well duh you have to say that now
  4. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Some guy named Conner Gordon commented on this video 2 weeks ago saying he needs to contact the Coleman family to let them know he was probably the last person to see the couple before entering Afghanistan from Tajikistan. I guess he traveled with them for about a month.

Connemara's parents. Apparently she has a problem with her liver too and needs medicine for that.

5. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    We talked about this in hat earlier, but it's kind of unsettling how her mother is smiling through the whole thing.
    Debo likes this.
  6. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Not 'Mutilated American Med Student Found Dead in Afghanistan'?
  7. zigazigahh Jedi Master

star 1
    FWIW, my first theory was less CIA specifically and more secret agent/covert operations. But I'd just be surprised if they sent a woman 6 months pregnant out in the field - it seems like she'd be super vulnerable to, idk, being turned or being broken and giving up information or whatever their concerns are with that sort of thing.
  8. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    they both just look/sound shellshocked to me. or perhaps she's had a stroke at some point
  9. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    "these sick ******** tortured him by stretching out the skin around his penis. barbarians..."
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Feb 22, 2013
  10. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I still grapple with being pregnant and being willing to expose your unborn child to any harm at all. I gave up cigarettes, tuna, liquor, plastic bowls... you name it, when I was pregnant with my son. It's just something primal in us...
    Last edited by rhonderoo, Feb 22, 2013
    Blithe likes this.
  11. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    If this gets nation or world wide media attention, is this thread to be used as an example of people's attitude towards them?
    Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  12. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    I was thinking about this further and got to wondering: did the ex-wife's family know they were both in Afghanistan? The family had some ties to al-qaida (and presumably some other not so nice people), what if he decided "Well, we're in the area, why don't we drop in and say hello?" only to have them turn around and kidnap/kill them? It may be nothing, but for all we know, Josh was a sentimental type and just wanted to say hi to people who really weren't too keen on him leaving the family. I don't want to give up hope, but it seems that the longer these things go on then the less likely it is that they'll come home and the more likely it is that someone will be picking their bones out of the ground someday.
  13. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    One of Clancy's main power-duos were a married couple stationed in Moscow. Everyone knew her husband was the station chief for intelligence, and therefore ignored her because she was pregnant -- but she was the field operative.
  14. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    "Tips wanted"
  15. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9

Hi Mom
  16. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    It already has, we're about a month and a half late to the party. Most of the news stories I found on this were from late December 2012.
  17. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  18. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    I can't wait for the local news to talk about JCC culture!
  19. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Hopefully my yacht fund gets attention.
    Handmaiden Yané and SuperWatto like this.
  20. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    And your posting content doesn't.
    Handmaiden Yané and jp-30 like this.
  21. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I wouldn't put that out of the realm of possibility. In the "missionary" scenario, I could definitely see JW and Con both being naive enough to think that his 'connections' would be ones they could use to get and in and be safe. Which obviously would not be a good assumption at all, considering he was divorced from that woman and as someone mentioned I'm not sure how that particular family would feel about a divorce, remarriage, and his new Catholic wife being showing up pregnant.

It is just wild speculation, but with the bits of strange information we know, it's hard not to have your mind spin on this one. It definitely feels like a film, book, or show. I know who we need:
    [IMG]
  22. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    With jazz? Without jazz? With pills? Without pills? Before, during or after sex with "you know who?"

That may determine how skilled she would be...
  23. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    If this were fiction, Mike/Julie would come through for the couple at the last minute, redeeming himself by using his transvestite powers to make the Taliban guards fall in love with him. Also, if this were fiction, Mike would be a lot better looking.
  24. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Why would anyone decide "hey, let's go visit my divorced in-law's in Al Qaeda with my new pregnant wife"?????

EDIT:

I mean, every possibility is crazy here, but that has to be one of the craziest.
    Last edited by Summer Dreamer, Feb 22, 2013
  25. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Can you think of a reason why anybody in their right mind who is aware of current events would even go there with their pregnant wife in the first place? Family ties (even ex-family) are pretty powerful. My parents have been divorced for 25 years and still go to each others' family gatherings. It isn't unheard of.
  26. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Such and ironic post.