main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jehovah to Watch Them All--a Sharon Shinn discussion.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NYCitygurl, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I bought her book A Summers at Castle Auburn online, and absolutely fell in love with it. I checked out several other books of her, and I'm one book into the trilogy about the angels.

Summmers at Castle Auburn is about a young woman, Corie, who is the bastard daughter of a dead duke, and spends her summers at court. She's half in love with Prince Bryan, who is engaged to marry her best friend and sister, Elisandra. Unfortunately, Bryan may be less worthy that he appears. Add into the mix Bryan's cousin Kent, who tries to help Corie and Elisandra; Roderick, the prince's bodyguard, who is in love with . . . well, it's not clear ntil the end; Lord Matthew, Kent's father, who is the regent; Corie and Elisandra's uncle Jaxxon who is obsessed with capturing the beautiful fairie-like aliora, and the aliora themselves, who have a special magic of their own.

I seriously recommend it, and all her books.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I've read several more of her books, and discovered that half of them are really good and half are just okay. She's still one of my favorite authors, thuogh, just for Summers at Castle Auburn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.