main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jemmy's Diary: an observation of the galaxy, the Jedi and sundry other strange people! * 24/10/06*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    oooh! nice! i could see her in front of the council, slack-jawed about Evla & then letting that smart comment slip--what fun! :D

i like this kid, and i think the Jedi do too, even if they think she's trouble (and they would be right ;)). [face_laugh]

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hehehehehe..... I always loved that way to say "no." ;)

Excellent job! Though my poor missing Ben and Quiggy. I miss them. :( ;)

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay ! I'm so glad things are finally looking up for Jemmy at least she has someone nice to stay with now :D

4. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Hi Jemmy, managed to catch up.

Grrr, that Sophie Digwurt. You know, I cheered out loud when she got her come-upance in ANTAR :)
    I'd always pictured Sophie as looking like a certain PL that we went to school with - but now you mention it, FP is a perfect match.

Yay Evla - I'd forgotten how they'd met. It is such a quiet unassuming meeting, you forget how they are going to end up.

Hope Q and B are ok, coz we all know how much Obi loves the infirmary :D

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    Hooray, she's staying with Evla! :)

Yes, I want one of those rugs as well.. imagine jumping out of bed and sinking your feet into it!

And I know what you mean about Sophie looking like FP... but surely a little bit taller! ;)

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Hooray for Evla! She's come to the rescue and armed with chocolate and fuzzy carpet! ;)

Who says that the council has no sense of humor. You just have to catch them right. I'm sure Yoda's a blast at parties! :)

As for this FP... You know now you're going to have to post her pic so everyone can see what Sophie looks like. :p

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Arin_Atona: I've never thought of Jemmy as cute before, but you could be right! :D Clueless - yes, most definitely! In some respects she's been forced to grow up too soon and thinks she's an adult, but because she never received any formal education and is struggling to come to terms with the rest of the galaxy, she's also charmingly naive! Thanks for reading.

Miana: Thanks! Wrote that line with Digwurt's eventual humiliation in ANTAR in mind. Sorry to hear you were picked on at school. Lol at the Gulliver analogy, though!

SarkaVrae: Yep, she's certainly feisty! Part Corellian and part piranha, I reckon!

Leona: No worries. Happy to see you about the place as ever! :D

Tanith: Hey! Work is overrated! Besides, you accountants can afford to take an extra long lunch break! ;)

Layren: Glad you're still enjoying it!

Maychorian: You're quite right. Jemmy has learned to lie in order to survive, and alas it's become a way of life to her. She feels pretty worthless and convinced that nobody will want to hear her side of things. It'll take a while before Jemmy feels able to share her feelings with anyone other than her journal. Ironically, the only time she ever truly let Obi-Wan know how she felt is when he finally gets to read that diary of hers, and of course that'll be rather too late?

Glad you like the blush! That becomes a mission of hers late on.

Arin_Atona: Sophie's lesson isn't over yet! He he? :D

Maychorian: I'd point you in the direction of 'It Takes One To Know One' if you really want to get an idea of Sophie's ghastly father and neurotic mother who have in their own way contributed to their only child's unspeakable behaviour, but that would rather spoil the diary entries. But it's there all the same if you ever want to read it. :)

SarkaVrae: In spite of everything Mace is quite fond of Jemmiah (this comes back to haunt him in later years when he finds out she's been using his apartment as a temporary lovenest for her fling with a certain padawan), and Yoda is too. The rest of the Jedi jury is still out on whether letting her stay was such a good idea, given the trouble she causes! :D

Miana: Poor missing Ben and Quiggy? Yes, anything could be happening to them! * Insert evil cackle here *

Layren: Yep, Evie's about the nicest thing that could happen to Jemmy. Maybe things will indeed work out for Jemmy now?then again knowing her luck, maybe not!

Tanith: Argh! Who's PL? * Wracks brains for answer * You'll have to e-mail me and let me know! FP is sort of how I pictured Sophie looking, but she's based personality-wise on SS?I'm sure you know who I mean. ;) Yes, Obi-Wan loves the infirmary the way the devil loves holy water!

Calam: Well, the last time you saw FP she was surely about 11 or so? Sophie's meant to be 11 (she was kept back a year because she was so thick!) which is why she's taller than her classmates. Thanks for reading!

Mouse: A blast at parties? You've got me picturing Yoda break-dancing on the floor of the council chamber now! I can't really post a picture online of FP as that wouldn't be fair to her, but off the record I could probably send you a small copy? ;)

ENTRY SEVENTY ONE:

Guess what? I met the Wookiee who saved me from Sophie's thugs! She is really nice. Her name's Flint something or other. It's a big long name that goes on and on forever and you need to roar it from the back of your throat so you can say it properly. So she said just to call her Flint.

She had a translator with her so that I could understand what she said, but after about half an hour I managed to pick things up. Just sounds, nothing complicated. Flint said she wanted to make sure I was okay. I gave her a hug to say thank you for what she did. She was so strong she nearly squashed the breath out of me! I think she was quite pleased with the hug because she said that if I ever had any trouble again I was to tell her and she would sort it out. I can't see anyone arguing with a Wookiee, unless of course it was another Wookiee and even then he'd have to be very

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    LOL! Jemmy and a room full of babies. Can't imagine. I'm with Evla on that one. (But mostly because I have seven younger siblings, and I remember six of them as babies--so much more pleasant than the pre-adolescent brats they are now! Ah well. It's all good.)

Too bad Jemmy's immunity is still have problems. Do I sense more trouble with that in the future?

Also liked her reflections on the idea of Jedi going bad.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, come on.. Jemmy's got to grow up to just love kids.... LOLOL! Yeah, right.

Can't say I'd mind a Wookiee army either!! :D

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    LOLOLOL poor jemmy doesn't like babies :p

That was so funny. Lovely!

And I agree with her assessment about people who can stick you with needles :p Makes you wonder what kind of people enjoy doing that sort of thing ;)

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I like this! I not only have a Wookiee protector; I have a Wookiee army too! What every misunderstood kid needs growing up. ;)

LOL! I'll admit it: I'm not a baby lover either. :p They're cute until they start crying. ;)

(*Knocks on wood and grumbles about how she'll probably be married and pregnant within 5 years*)

LOL! I seriously believe that it's Jemmy who fancies An-Paj. She's just so fascinated by him. :p

Excellent job, Jem! :D

12. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Imagine what it must feel like to a jedi who can sense things with the force! How do they ever get to sleep with all the distraction and disturbances from the air traffic and the people and that sort of thing? I'm sure that's why they built the temple. It's to stop them from going nuts.

that's exactly what i've wondered! :eek: :D
    great observation, Jemmy! ;)

a bunch of Force-sensitive babies screaming & puking & Force-knows-what-else?? no thanks! :p
    may Evla be blessed for what she does! ;)

great post Jem! :)

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Maychorian: Lol, you never know if Jemmy's immunity problem might contribute to further problems at a later date! ;) ROFLOL - Surely your siblings aren't all pre-pubescent brats? I only had the one sister to contend with, or rather she had me to contend with as I am the younger of the two of us. And she's pretty lucky that I am so gosh-darned wonderful and never really turned into your typical sullen-tempered teenager! (Hmmm...must remind her of that from time to time!)

Leona: I don't think Jemmy will ever completely get the hang of children! Even when she has them! With Emma she didn't get the chance to find out, with Han she had only a short time to come to terms with motherhood, and as for Nadine - she runs rings around her poor mother! (After all, she learned directly from Jemmiah exactly how not to behave!)

Layren: I think the problem is that doctors are so used to giving injections and so on and so forth that I think it's all pretty commonplace to them. I guess that's not to say that (unlike Jemmy's view) they don't care, it's just that they don't consider it anything special and can't understand the fuss that wimps like, say, myself make when faced by a giant needle! Or why we should hyperventilate, pass-out or scream at the idea?

Did I mention the fact I don't like injections? :D It might possibly manifest itself in Jemmy's character!

Miana: Babies are okay, I guess. I'm not sure they become interesting until they learn to speak, but that's the non-mother in me speaking. Lol, I never thought Jemmy might fancy An-Paj! Maybe she does on some level, although I'm sure her ideal man would have been Gethin, with Qui-Gon's long hair, Obi-Wan's blue eyes and cleft chin with An-Paj's antennae! And maybe Chancellor Valorum's money thrown in for good measure!

SarkaVrae: I've always imagined the crèche would be fairly intensive, even if the crèche masters love their work (and they'd have to!) especially given the numbers of the children their might be at any given time, of varying ages! I don't know how they could do it! So when you said 'May Evla be blessed for what she does' - I couldn't have agreed more!

Thanks for reading, everyone!

ENTRY SEVENTY FOUR:

Really embarrassed now. I had another nightmare last night, quite a bad one. I think I gave Evla the shock of her life. Must have scared the poor woman half to death, the way she burst into my bedroom to see if I was okay.

I'm not good at saying how I feel or why I feel that way, but I had to tell her some of it so that she would know what to expect if it happens again. So I said that I was sorry for disturbing her and that I didn't mean it, but I sometimes get bad dreams. She asked me if they were about the place that I was at before I came to Coruscant with Master Jinn, and I nodded and said yes. Then she asked me if I wanted to speak to her about them?I could tell she wanted to help me but I just couldn't.

So now there's another person who thinks that I'm crazy.

She stayed with me a while and fussed about, sorting my bed and fixing me a hot drink. I felt so bad for causing so much trouble. Evla's got to work morning shifts which means she'll be tired from so little sleep. Why can't I just have a normal life?

Now I'm all tired too.

Still no word on Digwurt. What does that mean? Is that good or bad? I hope at the least I get moved to a different class because I'm really scared. Not for me: for her.

I might have to break her neck.

Master Berlingside allowed me to stay round at his place whilst Evla was working at the crèche. Dex is cool. Everyone seems to like Dex, although I sometimes wonder if Windy does. I think he's jealous because all the girls seem to like Dex. And he has more hair.

Kryztan was there too, going out of his mind because he's recently broken his ankle and he's resting it. It was a bad break that happened when he was sparring. Master D said he was showing off and trying to look swish, so I told Kryztan that he couldn't out-swish a Corellian so therefor what happened to his ankle was hi

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    LOL awww Jemmy did a good deeed -- how sweet of her :p

Feel sorry for her still having nightmares but at least she has someone to help her now..

15. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Everyone seems to like Dex, although I sometimes wonder if Windy does. I think he's jealous because all the girls seem to like Dex. And he has more hair.

LOL! That's a great line.

I wonder what's up with the boy and the lobsters? Mmm, a little mystery to add to our day.

Too bad she doesn't comfortable talking to Evla. She's going to need to open up to someone, eventually.

Good luck, Jemmy!

16. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    : Everyone seems to like Dex, although I sometimes wonder if Windy does. I think he's jealous because all the girls seem to like Dex. And he has more hair.

I'm sure girls and hair are foremost on Windy's mind.

: Suddenly I remembered that Quiggy had said something about Master Egrobov keeping tanks with funny creatures and crabs and stuff and I felt quite pleased with my brainwave!

I love lobsters. Espcially with hot melted butter.

17. Tanith

Nov 13, 2003
    Yummmm, lobster <does best Homer Simpson impresstion?

Snrk, you just know with Jemmy's luck, it's not going to turn out well. Especially for the 3 lobsters :D

18. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Now, I like getting gifts. I'm Corellian and presents are always appreciated.
    [face_laugh] that was just so funny!

and she just dumps these things off on someone who she's heard keeps tanks? what if they were his to begin with? [face_laugh] what if....? oh man, there's just too many possibilities there! ;) at least she didn't sneak in & deposit the lobsters into the tanks herself--i was half expecting her to kill off some precious sea creatures with her brilliant idea! [face_laugh]

great post Jem! :D you had me rolling the whole time! :)

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Of course Dexy has more hair. I always imagine him as having that slow motion hair toss like Prince Charming from Shrek 2. (Actually it's amazing how much they're alike. ;))

HOORAY!! No more Sophie! Maybe without her tyrannical rulership things will get better for our Jemmy.

I love how she calls all the padawans members of the rat-tailed brigade. Now that's thoughtful insight! :D

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *snorts* rat-tailed brigade... LOL

LMAO! I nearly forgot about the lobsters!! [face_laugh]

Great job, per usual! :D

21. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    ENTRY SEVENTY SEVEN:

Ooops. I goofed big time?

The strange boy turned out to be a sort of friend of Ben, but I'd never seen him before. His name is Ocen-Bai Talz and he is a rampant animal fanatic. There's nothing wrong with that coz I like animals too. Thing is, he is usually quite shy and quietly spoken according to Kryztan. I asked him who he thought it could be, and when I told him that he was slightly cross-eyed and panicky he knew who it was straight away! Kryztan's quite smart when he wants to be and I like hanging about with him. He doesn't seem to mind that I'm younger than he is and he's one of the few people that don't stare at me.

Having worked out who the boy was I then had to go find him.

Turns out that this Ocen-Bai was dared to snatch the lobsters from some posh restaurant downtown. I can't imagine how he got them out without being seen, or how several padawans were allowed into a snooty place like that in the first place but I think that's very smart! I just get the giggles at the idea of him sneaking these wriggling, leggy, nasty tempered things out of the restaurant and then back to the temple. Somehow he must have either got caught or thought he was going to get caught and that's why he tried to hide them when he got back to the temple.

Anyhow, I found him and said 'hello lobster boy!' in a cheery voice. He looked relieved and asked what I'd done with them. I said I knew of someone who kept things like that and that they'd be well looked after. I've never seen anyone go from miserable to cheerful in a split second. So it looks like I've made another friend after all!

I'd better not let him know that I gave them to Master Egrobov. Turns out that Eggy is one of the chefs at the refectory and his tanks are not for keeping pets in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY SEVENTY EIGHT:

I'm going down town with Evla. She has to see the woman again whose child has those midi whatsits I was telling you about. It seems that the kid has quite a lot of them so if the mother agrees the brat will come and live with us at the temple. I shouldn't really have a go at the baby though because it's a fellow Corellian, whose mother only recently left the planet to make a new start for her and the baby. I suppose she might go back home now if things don't work out for her here. I think that's quite sad, actually.

I won't tell Evla that though incase she thinks I'm going soft.

This squidling's a boy. It's real name is Nicklin which is about as Corellian as they come but the usual practise is to rename the kids when they cone into the temple, unless they are older and have gotten used to their names. This one no doubt is on his way to becoming a Qui-Gon or a Menali-Jay or some other hyphenated horrible name.

Poor kid. I DO feel sorry for it.

You know, I think that names are very important. If you saddle a kid with a bad name then they are off to a poor start. Maybe we should let them choose for themselves when they are old enough. Although I suppose a temple load of 'hey, you's would be confusing until that time arrived. I'm really lucky with my name. It's ancient Corellian and it's quite rare, from some old legend I think. It's not common at all, which is good because I am unique! And it will never go out of fashion because it was never in fashion in the first place. I think it means 'firestorm', which is quite apt if you believe what people say about my flashes of temper.

I don't believe that though. I'm not nasty. I'm wonderful!

I don't want to go in and see the kid. It's not just my dislike for smelly babies. I just feel sorry for the poor woman. She's probably going to be in tears when Evla tells her that she should give the kid up. I asked if I could stay out in the shopping galleries but she said absolutely not, especially after what happened last time. I promised her that I wouldn't move one step out of the pet emporium, and she relented as she knows the woman who runs it and she has asked her to keep an eye on me.

Great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY SEVENTY NINE:

Wow! You jus

22. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    : Turns out that Eggy is one of the chefs at the refectory and his tanks are not for keeping pets in?

LOL! I knew it! [face_devil]

: This one no doubt is on his way to becoming a Qui-Gon or a Menali-Jay or some other hyphenated horrible name.

Yeah... I never figured out what it was with those hyphens anyways. Maybe they look like literary lightsabers.

: Hey! I just caught a Dyradardil trying to eat my hair!

A... what?

23. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    I don't believe that though. I'm not nasty. I'm wonderful!

LOL! You sure are, Jemmy.

Man, I thought something might be up with the lobsters. Nice kid. Good that Jemmy has a new friend.

I remember the pea story! (Actually read that one.) Made me feel fuzzy to see it mentioned.

Mmm, pets. This could get real interesting, real fast.

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hmmmmm... I have a sneaking suspicion as to who that squidling is that Evla's picking up. Especially if he's as Corellian as you can get. ;)

Stay away from the piercing pagoda Jem! Nothing good will come of it!

25. Tanith

Nov 13, 2003
    Mmmm, let's see. What can go wrong if you let Jemmy run free in a piercing/tattoo shop [face_laugh]

I think I know who the kid is going to be, he's about the right age - though I could be wrong. Do we get to hear Evla name him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.