main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jemmy's Diary: an observation of the galaxy, the Jedi and sundry other strange people! * 24/10/06*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Aw, poor Jemmy! Everything's just all a mess. Though I still grinned at the line about the Corellian god taking a runner.

I scent mush coming!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, I forgot to mention how delighted I was with intros to Evla and Gethin.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Upping. Will we get more?

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I agree with Ish! This thread (along with another poorly neglected thread) need some attention!

Please! [face_batting]

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  6. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks for your replies: I'll respond properly when my brain decides to co-operate (it will eventually, I swear!) :)

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR:

Quiggy scooped me up and carried me to the infirmary as I didn't think I could walk by myself and there was no way I was going on a repulsar lift trolley thing. I've had enough of those! And there's always the chance they will malfunction and I will fall and break my neck!

I squealed a bit when he picked me up but I soon kept my mouth closed. I just reminded myself it was all my fault and tried to suffer in silence.

I got to the infirmary and this time An-Paj decided to take a look. This wasn't as pleasant as Gethin taking a look. No offence to An-Paj, it's just that he doesn't do anything for me the way that Gethin does. Although I still think those antennae things of An-Paj's are really cool. You just want to reach up and give them a tweak!

He wants to keep an eye on the abscess I've got and monitor the affect the drugs are having on the infection so I have to stay at least one night. When Quiggy realizes that it's nice and peaceful there without me again he is going to definitely decide to put me in a kids home. I just know it!

Ben carried my bag with a nightdress and my diary (couldn't leave you behind, could I?) and now I am doomed once more to lie on sheets that are as comfortable and as fluffy as permacrete bricks.

I hate today.

Jemmy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE:

Had an uncomfortable evening here. Simeon popped in and asked if he could get me something. I said I wanted a bedpan, so I could throw it at someone.

I feel very angry with myself right now. I've thrown away the only decent chance of a home I am likely to have. Throw something? Give me a lightsabre and I'd be dangerous!

Ben came in to see how I was. This was nice of him coz I know how much he hates this place. Didn't bring me any grapes though.

I'd written a letter on a sheet of flimsy I begged off Healer P'lila when she was on duty?you know, the tiny healer person I mentioned before. If I'm not careful I'm going to grow up to be as tall as she is! She's nice though. I told her I needed to get a note to Master Jinn and she was only too happy to help.

I just wrote:

PLEASE DON'T SEND ME AWAY. I'M SORRY IF I MADE YOU MAD.

I'm hoping it will do the trick. I gave it to Ben and made him promise not to read it. I asked him to put it under Quiggy's door when he was asleep so that he'd see it in the morning.

Wondering how this will turn out,

Jemmy.

~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SIX:

I can't get comfortable! I can't toss and turn coz it hurts - the bed is as hard as nails!

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN:

Can't sleep. Need a glass of water?actually I don't really like water. I only drink it coz it's good for your skin. What I'd really like is some of that Wookiee hooch stuff, but I'm not likely to find that in the infirmary. Not unless Ferdi's a secret alcoholic?

I thought about pressing the buzzer for assistance but it seems kinda trivial for just a glass of water, so when there's nobody looking I am going to escape! If I can get out the bed without it hurting too much then I have a chance of making it over to the little side room just off from the ward I'm in. There are taps and drinking facilities there for the staff. Now all I have to do is stay out of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT:

Aborted first attempt. Healer P'lila is still about although she must surely be going home sometime? Even a jedi has to sleep!

Can't see her now?am going to try again. Back soon!

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE:

Still no luck. I'm gonna die of thirst. Maybe I should just press the buzzer thingy?

Nawwww!

~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY:

I want a beer! And the room service in this place is terrible!

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE:

I'm back in bed...I really wish I hadn't

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I told her I needed to get a note to Master Jinn and she was only too happy to help. Just a credit to the infirmary... always looking to take care of the patients. :D :D

Ahhh, poor Jemmiah, worrying over what she believes she heard.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    awww, poor jemmy. Is this when she goes off to corellia for a time? I love how Leona was only too willing to help with a note to Quiggy.

9. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh no!

Well, that's not happy at all. Poor Jemmy.

Ben should bring her some grapes!

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I said I wanted a bedpan, so I could throw it at someone.

What is with their throwing bedpan's fetish? :p

Nice job, Jem! :)

11. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Eavesdroppers never heard any good of themselves! Then again how are you supposed to know anything if you don't listen in? Actually I'm quite curious to hear that entire Qui and An-Paj conversation.

Trust Healer Leona to be ready and willing to help when a certain master's name is mentioned. ALthough I don't think she'd take it too kindly if asked if she found it difficult to use the drinking fountain. ;)

Faboo Jem!

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Eavesdropping never helps anyone - more often creates worse things then it actually gives you any useful info (looks around nervously).

Kithera

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, very true.

14. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    poor Jemmy! dear girl needs to just talk to Jinn! :( fear leads....to the dark side! :_|

15. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Poor Jemmy. She's going to brood on what she has overheard, but will not ask Qui about it.
    No more skulking for this Corellian (for about 2 days :))

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Leona: Well, it was really Qui-Gon she was wanting to take care of ;) But of course being the helpful healer she is I'm sure that wasn't lurking anywhere her subconscious at the time she decided to help Jemmy! :D Jemmy's very good at putting two and two together and coming up with five, but then again maths was never her strong point.

Ish: Not yet - that's a story that happens a little later, after the Mortimer affair. (Which will probably be the next series of diary excerpts that I write). Yeah, Leona's a very willing accomplice! Almost as if she has an ulterior motive, hmm? Wonder what that might be!

Maychorian: Lol! If Ben brought some grapes they'd be nothing but dry stalks by the time they got to the infirmary!

Miana: I never really considered that I had a bedpan fetish! I think you could be right, lol! Given what happened to Leona in ANTAR!

Mouse: Exactly! Knowledge is power - that's what Jemmy believes. Unfortunately she has a vivid imagination which leads to her knowledge being all warped!

Kit: You are entirely correct!

SarkaVrae: Yup! Fear not only leads to the dark side; it can get you into all manner of scrapes along the way!

Tanith: Jemmy does brood rather nicely, doesn't she! Although I'm sure she'll have lots of things to take her mind off her problems very soon!

Thanks for reading, everyone! :D

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY TWO:

My clothes are already stuffed into my bag as I am wearing my nightclothes. I'm going to have to get changed somehow or else I will stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe I'll hide some place like the ladies freshers or something until it's safe. Then I can get changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THREE:

I did it, I sneaked out. I'm still wearing my nightdress though. Couldn't get to the freshers coz there's too many healer people about. I'm hiding in a storage room right now. It's full of rather ancient looking equipment, packing cases and a bed that has seen better days plus mattress that look as if someone's been chewing holes in it. Still, it'll do for the moment. I can get some rest whilst I'm forming my escape plan.

I hope the mattress doesn't have fleas.

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR:

I hate to admit to feeling upset but I am, even though I know it's my entire fault and I deserve whatever happens to me. I guess I thought - relied upon - being more important than I am to Master Jinn and Ben. The only thing I can do now is try and find somewhere new to stay. If I can get to Flint, maybe she can help me.

This mattress is awful! I won't tell you what it smells like!

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE:

My chrono says that it's been five hours since I left now. Somebody will have spotted I am gone?one of the healers probably. Whoever was on duty after Healer P'lila. I wonder if they will try to find me first or contact Master Jinn?

I've tried to think of a plan, but I don't have one. Imagination's meant to be my strong point, too.

I was going to try and sneak away in the night but I realize that people are more likely to think twice about seeing me up and about at this time of night then they are during the morning, so I will wait a few hours and try and get to the nearest turbo lift that will take me towards the exit.

Awww, hell! The light in here is flickering! If it goes out I'll be in the dark! The how will I get out?

~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX:

I just did a really stupid thing. I tied to get out the room before the light went out and then I managed to pull the storage containers down onto me. I'm not hurt, but I'm lying on the floor in a very uncomfortable position, typing this with one hand. I hope they don't slip any further down or I will get squished! And the damn light is still flickering! If it goes out I am in BIGGGGGGGGG trouble! And then I won't be able to see! These storage containers are really heavy. It's squashing the breath out of me.

Please, light! Please don't go out!

~~~~~~~~~~

ENT

17. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh no! Adventures in the dark! [face_laugh]

Funny, but I can't imagine it was comfortable for poor Jemmy.

Ah, finally going to have that talk! No, he can't send you away twice, but he might not want to send you away at all. :)

Post again soon!

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Uggg. I do not do well with dark rooms with only one flickering light. *Shudders*

And Gethin to the rescue!! :D

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, gotta love Gethin! Poor Jemmy, almost-squished and fearing the wrath of Quiggy...

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    E cint Seu tY tipe. Thr liGyt wemt owt.

For some reason that just gets me. Jemmy's stuck under supplies, in hiding, and the lights go out. What does she do? Type in her diary that she can't see to type because the lights went out! A call for help might have worked too. ;)

Hooray for Gethin! He's the hero of the hour! :D

Now let's see what Quiggy has to say... Dun dun dun!

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, yes. That's so Jemmy, though.

22. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Maychorian: You're right: Jemmy's very good at jumping to conclusions. Problem is that she feels so little self-worth that she automatically fears people will think the worst of her.

Miana: Now you know why Jemmy's crush on Gethin eventually developed into something a little more than it should have! Must be all that romantic, floppy hair, lol!

Ish: The wrath of Quiggy - sounds like a great snapshot title! :D

Mouse: Lol, Jemmy's mind works totally differently to everyone else! She'd run back into a burning building to retrieve her diary?it's her friend. So when the lights go out she automatically turns to it for comfort rather than anyone else. Yeah, I did warn you she was strange!

Ish: Thanks! It is typical of Jemmy.

Thanks for reading!

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE:

He wasn't mad!

He read my note and said he was astonished at what I'd written. Then when he got to the infirmary and saw that not only was I missing but also my bag he became extremely anxious.

Master Jinn gave me a careful hug and warned me NEVER to do it again. He said he couldn't bear to go through that once more, not after the last time. *

He wanted to know why I thought he was going to send me away and I said that because I'd been so stupid and gone to get my navel pierced that I thought he would be really angry with me and decide I wasn't worth having around anymore. Then I added that I had heard him talking to An-Paj and that he'd admitted that things couldn't continue as they were and he'd have to find somewhere else for me to live.

Quiggy looked a little guilty and then told me I shouldn't have been listening in - again!

He said that he wasn't angry and that he hoped I would learn from my mistake, my discomfort being punishment enough. Then he narrowed his eyes and said that if I did something like that again - THEN I'd have cause to regret it. So it looks like Jemmy is on her first official warning. I just hope I can avoid trouble for the next few months!

I doubt it.

He went on to confess that he'd never for a moment considered sending me away but that he had received some bad news, which was why he was so upset when he took me down to the infirmary. It seems that the council has decided to send both Ben and Master Jinn away again even though they've only just returned from a mission. They are to leave in a week's time. He asked if he could take me with them on this one but they felt I was too young and Windy put his foot down and the others agreed with him.

My only grain of solace is that if Quiggy wanted me to go then it won't be dangerous. And it doesn't look like it will be for as long as the last one. Some boring, stuffy diplomatic thing I think. I begged him not to leave me with Sal-Fina again and he said he could cheerfully swear on his life that wouldn't happen. He's already contacted Evla and she's agreed to look after me once more. To say I was relieved would be an understatement!

But it's soooo not fair that they have to go away! Quiggy reassured me that it was the situation of being separated again that he found to be irritating, not me. So I'm not leaving the temple! Yaaaaaaaaay!

I don't think Master Jinn will ever know how happy that has made me.

Jemmy

*What 'last time' was this? Now I'm really curious. I want to ask him but after the stunt I've just pulled I don't want to upset him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY:

I can go home just now although I will have to come back for a check up. Before I left I told Gethin that I was really glad he got me out and thanked him profusely. (I think I definitely have a crush). Then I said that his bed was in an atrocious state and that he should burn the mattress before he caught something off it.

I don't think he'd like to end up in the infirmary?as a patient!

~~~~~~~~~

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE:

If I am better then tomorrow I get to got to that museum trip that got postponed from a month or so ago! Hey, this is wonderful! Ben doesn't look too pleased. I don't think art is

23. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    LOL! That was very fun. Loved Ben coloring on a painting. And Qui-Gon's response! Of course, what else was he to do?

And, aw, so glad that they got that whole mess straightened. Too bad Quiggy and Ben have to leave so soon though.

Great post!

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    beyond hilarious about Ben and the 'poster!' And that poor kid who will have the crayon in his hand and have no idea why he's being yelled at. Mean Quiggy!

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    AACK! I'm behind. I will catch up tomorrow. I promise! By all that the Sith and Jedi hold holy. That's a contradiction isn't it? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.