main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JENSAARAI , PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sarlaac, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarlaac

Sarlaac Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    Hi everyone, I am in the process of constructing a website, dedicated to the Force, and all the different sects of it, ie, the Ysanna, Dathomir Witches, the Fallanassi, Massassi teachings, etc, but I have come to a bad point, I need info on the Jensaarai, I know the Basics, like the info, I have hunted for in ?I, Jedi?, but now I heard about an article on the Jensaarai in a magazine called POLYHEDRON magazine, or something, like that. I have searched for it, but cannot find a copy, so could anyone PLEASE write a summary of the article, and scan some pictures from it, I know its a lot to ask and a little bit cheeky, but it will be put to good use, I am hoping to have the site up within a month, please direct me to any websites with info on the Jensaarai, or any pictures of this interesting sect.

Thank you, in advance for any help I receive.

Sarlaac

2. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    From the Unofficial encyclopedia:

Jensaarai
    this was the name used by the Force-wielding population of Suarbi 7/5. They were trained as Jedi, and even taught how to create their own lightsabers, but were taught that Obi-Wan Kenobi was one of the greatest users of the Dark Side of the Force. There are three ranks of Jensaarai: Apprentices, Defenders, and Saarai-kaar. When they became Defenders, the Jensaarai created a unique form of personal armor created from cortosis ore and modeled to make them appear to be a vicious creature. Of the Saarai-kaar, there was only one member of that rank at any one point in time. When Leonia Tavira suddenly landed on the moon and executed its Imperial governor, thereby "freeing" them from Imperial control, the Jensaarai quickly grew to trust her. She betrayed that trust, and twisted them into a position in which the only way they could protect their people was to serve as her personal warriors. They were forced to accede, and joined her aboard the Invidious. She also told them that there was a being named Halcyon who would be their undoing, so she forced them to kidnap Mirax Terrik in order to draw Corran Horn to Suarbi 7/5. When they all met in battle, Luke Skywalker made quick work of the Jensaarai while Corran battled the Saarai-kaar. He did not kill them, though, a fact which surprised most of them when they came aroubd after the battle. It was later revealed that the word Jensaarai is a Sith term that means "hidden followers of truth." The last of the true Jensaarai Sith magicians died with Nikkos Tyris, but the new Saarai-kaar continued to train her young son and the other survivors in the ways of the Force. In a strange twist of fate, she taught them that the Jedi Knights were evil, but she also taught them the use of the light side of the Force, since she lacked the ability and education to comprehend the Sith treachings. Thus, when Emperor Palpatine's Jedi purge sent Darth Vader to Suarbi 7/5, Vader killed the Saarai-kaar's son because he felt only the light side emanating from him. When Luke and Corran defeated the Jensaarai and Leonia Tavira, the Saarai-kaar understoof what had happened, and agreed that the Jedi weren't any more evil than the Jensaarai. She agreed to consider sending a delegation of her followers to Yavin 4 for formal training under Luke

All info from I, jedi.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey, Moridin? Where are you? Tell this poor bloke how to get Polyhedron backissues! :p

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Sarlaac, when you get that website up and running, let me know.

Next, you should get in touch with Moridin about the back issues. The one you want is #98.

Third, there are some other Force traditions out there. Here they are and where you can find out more about them.

Baran Do sages - Hero's Guide
    Mutakai adepts - Hero's Guide
    Zeison Sha Warriors - Hero's Guide
    Fallanassi - Coruscant and the Core Worlds Web enhancement and Hero's Guide Web enhancement #3. These enhancements can be found at the WotC website.

5. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    EDIT: It kept giving me a timeout error. Stupid boards!

6. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    It's not my fault!

7. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    This isn't the post you're looking for.

8. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    Here are some of the things I've found in myu study of the Force:

Force Traditions
    The Jedi Order
    The Aing-Tii
    The Fallanassi
    Gand Findsmen
    The Jensaarai
    The Witches of Dathomir: Daughters of Allya (Frenzied River Clan, Misty Falls Clan, Red Hills Clan, Singing Mountain Clan, and 5 other clans) and the Nightsisters (Great Canyon Clan)
    The Ysanna
    Ner Yan (obscure Cerean)
    The Ancient Sith Race
    Dark Lords of the Sith (Tales of the Jedi period)
    Bane?s "reformed" Dark Lords of the Sith
    The New Order - Palpatine's Imperial Sith & dark minions: Emperor?s Hands, Sentinels, Dark Side Adepts, Sovereign Protectors, Dark Jedi, Constable of Homunculi, Procurator of Justice with his Empire Youth and Empire Reborn, Dark Troopers, the "Second Imperium" with its Shadow Academy, the Inquisitorius, and the Jedi hunters
    The Kilian Rangers & the "Renegades" (or Dark Rangers)
    The Krath
    Prophets of the Darkside
    The Sorcerers of the Tund
    The Bando Gora
    The Baran Do
    The Followers of Palawa(?)
    The Guardians of the Breath (ancient Kashi Mer)
    The Matuki
    The Scitrok Warriors(?)
    The Seyugi Dervishes
    The Ta-Ree (Maoi?)
    The Tyia
    The Zeison Sha
    The Wyrd (dark Tarasins)
    The Believers (darksiders in the Cularin System)
    Theran Listeners(?)
    The Bendu Monks(?)
    The Ee worms(?)
    The Gesaril(?)
    The Golden Sun(?)

Other names for the Force
    Abo b?Yenntarr (Bosph)
    Ela b?Yenntarr (Bosph for chosen of the unknown spirits)
    Allyan Magic
    The Breath of Gelgelar (priests of Kooroo on Gelgelar)
    The Breath (Kashi)
    The White Current

I don't think this helps you with the Jensaarai question, but I'm bored. I have the copy of the Polyhedron with the Jensaarai article in it, it's well worth buying the magazine just for the two pieces of art.

EDIT: Added the Tyia and fixed the boards' screwup. ;)

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Wow, the boards are going berserk...

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ed -- even with a quadruple post, you left out the Tyia... ;)

11. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Here is a link to a picture of a Jensaari from the Offical site. I'm not able to show it here...

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/03/news20030319_2.html

Also don't forget the Ta-Ree

12. ysalimari_sandwich

ysalimari_sandwich Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Also the potentium(sp?) from rogue planet and reunion.

13. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Thanks Sarlaac. I've been wanting a website or something about all the sects and versions of the Force. When your site is running, post the link in here. :)

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What little info I have on the Tyia suggests Jacen should forget about being a Jedi and follow the ways of the Tyia. From WEG's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, core boo, page 150:

Tyia teaches that individual introspection is the way to learn the true way of the universe--students are taught to control their own personal Force (called "Tyia") through meditation and ceremony.

In the early NJO books, this sounds close to what Jacen was saying. And it sounds like he's pretty much returned to what he was saying in those books in the more recent books.

15. Sarlaac

Sarlaac Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    okay everyone, I will definately post the link to the site, but it is impossible to get Ployhedron magazine in England, in the obscure country side that I live, so please if any one can send me some scans in an email or PM, I would be really grateful (i aint cheap, if i could get the magazine i would), or a summary of any new info regarding the Jensaarai, please do not hesitate to send me info, i would love your imput and help in this issue, besides the idea about making the website, came from a desire to compilate all the Force Tradtions of the galaxy in one informative, and hopefully extensive site.

Oh. And a BIG BIG thankyou to those who helped this thread, especially the list of the force Traditions,

Thankyou so much, and please, anyone who has the time or capacity to send pics please do, they will benefit the site tremendouly and untimately, the enjoyment of the site will be heightened due to the visual diversity !!!!!!

in other words, please get scanning !!!!!!!!
    :)

Thankyou once again, oh, and I will post reports on the progress of the site !!!

I look forward to hearing from you

Sarlaac

16. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Actually, it's completely possible for you to buy a copy of the magazine.

You can go to The Hit Pointe (http://www.hitpointe.com) and order a copy of the magazine. It's Dungeon #98, and also may be listed elsewhere as Polyhedron #157. They ship internationally. The link to the page specifically listing this issue is here: http://www.hitpointe.com/tsr/dngnmag.htm

On top of that, Paizo Publishing keeps issues on backorder. You can get to their site by going to http://www.paizo.com and poking around.

I kinda have a thang for alternate Force traditions. I wrote that article on the Jensaarai, wrote the three brand-new ones in the Hero's Guide (Baran Do, Matukai, Zeison Sha), and am working on a top-secret project involving them as well.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    See... ya just gotta know the right people to ask... ;)

18. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    How's the progress of your site Sarlacc ?

19. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Don't forget about Mace Windu's people from Shatterpoint ( I know that wasnt out when this thread started but can't hurt to update it eh?) and their name for the force Pelekotan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.