main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Jeremy Bulloch on returning as Boba

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    This.
    If they DO bring him back, I hope we won't see his face, and he won't suddenly be a kiwi for no good reason.
    And I hope he doesn't have a kid.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He will be a kiwi. He's been a kiwi since 2002. Consistency with the PT is a good reason.

LawJedi likes this.
  3. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    I say bring in Christian Bale to full-on Batman growl out the lines.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Much easier to bring Boba back since he fell into a pit which keeps you alive while wearing the SW version of the Iron Man suit and could plausibly escape than it was to bring Maul back when got cut in half and fell down a reactor shaft. That makes Maul a lot more dead, and he came back so Boba is easy

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Is it official cannon that he escaped and was saved by Dengar?

6. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I so want Boba back. It would not even be a stretch for the top bounty hunter to escape the pit (jetpack duh). If he is back, his face must be shown eventually. They have to show the damage done to him from being partially digested. If that is done then I myself would want to see the kiwi, old and broken but still deadly.
    For those of you wanting a newer actor:

Youth and enthusiasm vs. Age and treachory? I pick experience and treachory almost every time.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Never mind Bulloch, here's the Sex Pistols:

Panakas_Dawg and LawJedi like this.
  8. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    No.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    No EU book is canon, at least they are lower canon than TCW or movies and can therefore be over-ruled by either.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I was able to accept Fett back since he was alive before I found out he was alive. The whole being slowly digested over a thousand years helps too.

With Maul we knew he died years ago OOU. I was fine with that. We accepted that years ago. I know Sith can somehow survive death: Palpatine, Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd for example. With Maul back it cheapens Obi-Wan's rise to Jedi Knight.

11. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    hear why get him, if they need Boba they will get the guy that played Fett.

12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Why? WHY did he deserve better? Fans like him because he had a cool costume, not because he was a cool character, or had an important role, or had a memorable personality, or lines, or acting, or any of that. If Boba Fett and Dengar had switched places, we would not be having this discussion.

Boba Fett followed a ship that couldn't jump to hyperspace, called it in, then died like a chump. He wasn't a cool character, and deserves to stay dead.

But but but! He came back in the EU! Look at all his cool backstory! Save it. That could just as easily be assigned to a new character without having to beat this dead horse any more. If it makes you feel better, we'll give him an even cooler costume. He can even be a Mandalorian bounty hunter of awesomeness, if that's what you need.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Boba died on Sernpidal after losing his reelection bid for mayor. This storyline is more canon than the ion cannon.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Nothing is more canon than the cannon.

Alexrd likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    The whole Boba dead / alive thing is soooooo played out by now. I mean, my God, I hope that Boba is featured in the new film just so that the canonicity of his fate can never come into question again and everybody can shut the hell up!

Arawn_Fenn and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    ps. As much as I like Jeremy Bulloch, should Fett indeed appear, Temuera Morrison is the only way to go.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    "In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years" - C3PO

It doesn't keep them *alive* - it painfully and slowly digests them. Stomach acids and such would eat away most of Boba by the time of the film. Unless they simply have him blasting his way out within minutes of falling in...which wouldn't be horrible, but it'd fall under "lazy writing."

18. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh god no - enough Boba Fett.
    I love this character but i want some new faces!
    Let us assume that Fett is a goner.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If you feel pain, you aren't dead. The Sarlacc would need some strong acids to get through Fett's armour too, plus avoiding the flamethrower and rockets he would no doubt blast its insides with. I know the story of his escape is not canon, but what happens in it seems pretty likely to be what would be accepted by those who make Ep7 if he is in it.

I doubt he would be dead moments within entering, it would take a long time. Clearly the Sarlacc is some kind of sadist but not killing Fett is a bad move.

20. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    And would there be any point to having an elderly bounty hunter chasing after an elderly Han Solo?

Although, given it some thought, having Solo still have private bounties on his head (with threats of assassination should he be high-ranking in the New Republic) would be a nice jump start to a ST plotline. He could be on the run. He could be using his influence to jail those criminals he owes money too. A Fett-trained hunter would come in handy for any political assassinations...

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Boba camn appear without having a major role, it would depend on how far ahead the movies are set.

Heck Boba could be the new big boss Crime Lord in this series, replacing Jabba the Hutt. Not sure that would suit his character though, like Han I think he'd hate sitting around.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    He could definitely return, explaining his escape the same way as in the EU: "The sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible". A perfect, simple answer that reinforces his reputation as a complete badass (even though ROTJ made him look like an amateur).
    I also like the thought of the Fetts continuing to plague our heroes throughout the saga, almost like an evil spirit haunting them.
    They'd probably hire someone younger though, as JB himself guesses. Hopefully TM.

"The Fetts are relentless"
    /LM

23. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Dengar! In the marvel comic boba fett flies back with out help

24. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Save boba for his own spin off movie

25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    But Fett's depiction is canon. Just as much as Thrawn, Mara Jade and any character or event shown in the EU is canon, anyway. In fact, anything not listed under the Infinities brand is considered canon, but there's a catch - in Lucas' world, there are levels of canonicity, where the films reign supreme and where anything (anything) not specifically contradicted by the films is kosher (another example of this is the Blu Ray deleted scene whith Luke Skywalker tuning up his lightsaber in that cave on Tatooine, preparing to set his rescue of Han Solo into motion - more than just a nice bonus, it "really" happened).

The only question with Boba Fett in particular is whether or not folks can believe he could have survived his fall into the Sarlacc. But since the films never state that survival from a Sarlaac is impossible and has never occured and as you point out, Fett was armed to the teeth with both offensive and defensive cababilities, I personally see no reason not to accept the piles and piles of Boba Fett material published over the last, oh, 25 years, or so. Oh, and the fact that George Lucas said he regrets the move and considered going so far as adding a whole new scene into an already completed film just to get the point across certainly puts it over the top for me. Those interested may also want to check out the video on Youtube with George taking a look around Celebration VI this past August. At one point, Lucas flat-out states that Boba Fett didn't die in the Sarlaac. I munderstand that folks may not think the survival of Boba has been handled well up to this point and that it constitutes poor story-telling choices or what have you, but the maker himself considers Fett very much alive, and George's opinion has always been the final word on official cononicity.

As we can see, though, this all becomes a bit convoluted and that's one of the big reasons I advocate an appearance for Boba Fett in the Sequel Trilogy, as it would finally put all of this to rest. The fact that a character with such potential could be used to great dramatic effect would certainly be the icing on the cake, huh?