main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Jeremy Bulloch Update

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Don't forget to email me about setting up this bus ride thing.

Since Fritz and I are presenting at Con-Version I wouldn't have any problem driving him up in my own car. If you want to help me out for gas it could save us some $$.

Let me know on that one but through email. I'm not on the boards enough to stay current with this stuff.

2. Jodo_Kast_Unleashed

Jodo_Kast_Unleashed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2006
    So, 2 quick questions:

1) The armor I'm donating - will that money go to repay you or is that going somewhere else? If it's going towards repaying you, I'll for sure paint it up and hopefully bring in some decent coin. Anything to help out.

2) Just out of curiosity, did Mark from Edmonton come through with his promised donation towards this?

3. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    The donated armour will be auctioned off, and the money going to Charity. This year the charity is S.T.A.R.S. Thanks again for helping out with that!

Mark did come through with his portion of the funds, although we are still working out some details.

4. Jodo_Kast_Unleashed

Jodo_Kast_Unleashed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2006
    Okay, sounds good. We'll have to think of some other way to reimburse you amigo. Thanks for getting Jeremy squared away.

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Would it be wrong to ask for a donation for people who show up to the marathon. Or maybe raffle a set of fan edits off like we did at the one meeting.

6. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm still willing to chip in, raffle or not.

7. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    heh they don't know my last name lol. Also you might have missed that update Mark but I won't be attneding this year.

8. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    An update to the Bulloch Fund.

Thanks to some recent contributions we are currently short: $624.40

9. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I realized something yesterday evening as I was getting ready for bed:

For a brief period last night, my little white Toyota Echo became SLAVE-1.

*SQUEE!*

Jeremy and Maureen Bulloch have arrived in Calgary, safe and sound. After a somewhat frustrating time in Cleveland (nothing to do with the con runners there - the hotel was experiencing a major meltdown), and a much more pleasant time in Edmonton, they boarded the Red Arrow coach to Calgary.

They had nothing but praise for the bus and were quite relieved not to have had to go through another airport! They're now settled in their suite at the hotel. They'll be joining the other guests of honor and the ConCommittee for a BBQ today, and tomorrow, we're all going on an excursion to Heritage Park for a guided tour and catered lunch.

We have formally invited them both to join us at TruceFest, and they seemed happy to oblige. They're delightful people! I'm finally starting to get excited for the whole thing, instead of stressing over it!

See you all Friday!

10. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    ~faint~

What a fabulous experience, Raelyn.....can't wait to meet Jeremy again and Maureen!

11. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    got to meet them tuesday, it was really cool, they're so nice :)

12. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    So, there I was...having just come into the dealers room and I'm talking to the Dook boys. I turn around and there's Boba, staring right at me and giving me a friendly hello and an autographed 501 trading card. What a gentleman, Mr. Bulloch is and an honor to chat with him. That moment made the weekend and I have to thank you all for making it possible. See you at the Masquerade tonight!

13. the_fl00d

the_fl00d Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Speaking of a 501 Autographed trading card, Mr. Bulloch was kind enough to provide me with one even though I mentioned I wasn't a member of the 501st. Was there a member who couldn't make it to Conversion that would like my card? I don't feel right having it and I already had Mr. Bulloch sign a Boba Fett action figure of mine.

-the_fl00d

(The guy other than Colin who dresses as a Ghostbuster :) )

14. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    Kosmic here,

I went all out and bought his book, which looks amazing so far. Mr Bulloch was very interesting to speak with, though our conversation seemed to drift towards the Calgary weather. Go figure.

15. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    E-mail this morning from Jeremy & Maureen:

16. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Awesome.

Good to hear they got home safe.

17. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Awesome truely awesome.

18. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    He is such a nice man! Totally at ease with his fans! Everytime I walked by he talked with me....I wish more stars could be like him. Awsome man!:)

19. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Unbelievably cool people, I'll miss them dearly and hope they'll be able to make it this time next year.

~DtE.

20. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Awwww.....he sent us one too. Such a lovely couple!

21. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    An update to the Bulloch Fund.

Thanks to the Silent Auction income, we are currently short: $304.40

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.