main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jerri and Gabe's send off

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by cinemafreak, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    As some of you know, Jerri (JediKnight_Jerri) and Gabe (Master_SweetPea) are going to be leaving us soon. In around a week or so. And though we send them off with a tear in our eye, we also have a smile on our face, for all the good times that we can tell each other about when we miss them, and laugh about the stuff we aren't supposed to reveal to anyone else.

And before all that sappy crap, we need to get together and have some fun. So, the Jawahunters are proud to bring you the Going Away party (even though Gabe is gonna be coming back in September, and besides its more of a marriage congratulation dinner, and Jerri will come back on occassion) You know what, screw it. Its not really a going away party. Just come on out and eat and say, "Hey, we'll most likely see you in a little while." I think the Polonesians have a word for it. I think its, "Iwannahockalugie." So come on out between 7-10 on Thursday the 12th of February at Chili's in Jacksonville. Now, if you don't know where that is, I can tell you how. Just PM me. This is open to anyone that would like to attend. We've loved these guys for a long time, now come on out and show them. If you can't make, tell them here in this thread.

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hey folks. Sorry, that I'm not going to be able to make it, but you all take care and try not to cross any Hutt's or anger any Wookies along the way.

3. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Unfortunately, I can not attend... I will however knock back a Blue One in your honour. Be sure to write, send post cards, pictures, money, little yellow umbrellas to sit in mixed drinks... err, have a safe journey.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Jerri, you know how I feel about your leaving. And Gabe, I wish you the best of luck. Our journey in this world takes us to different places in our lives and tempers the steel that make our character. You two have shown us that the world is a much better place because you are here. You will always be in our prayers and hearts, in our souls and thoughts. You will be missed, not because of the emptiness in our hearts because you are not here, but for the great memories that you have given us and make that which was great even better. I shall miss you very much and wish both of you a safe journey in life.

This is not goodbye, it is only see you soon.

All my best,

Kevin Hill
    (Jedi Master Kel)

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Kevin, you have such a way with words, man, I can't improve on that.

Jerri and Gabe, know this, you are to be far only in miles, never far from our hearts. Tolkien said it best:

The road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began
    And now along with eager feet
    I must follow it if I can.

Dare to dream, dare to feel, dare to drink life in full heaping draughts, and have no regrets, for the future awaits you both. My heart cheers for you both, with a little wish I could tag along.

Share with us your adventure occasionally. It will renew our spirits.

6. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Geez............You guys are making me cry. Thank ya'll for all the kind words. I will be posting on my life journey here from time to time that is for sure. You're right Kevin --- this is not good-bye in any way. We will all see each other again. I will be back for visits (w/my SoulMate beside me of course).......and we will all get together and hang out then. I will miss each and everyone of ya'll...........ya'll have a very special place in my heart & I will carry all of ya'll w/me there. Thanks for being such great friends! Thanks for being happy for me! I Love All Of Ya'll!!! :)

7. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    This is Matthew from the event in question this evening. I wish all the best for both Jerri and her fiance and Gabe and his bride as they move on to new adventures in their lives. It has been a great opportunity to meet the both of you and I look forward to hearing from you in the upcoming months. May the Force be with you! :cool:

8. THE_casual_fan

THE_casual_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Hey everybody, this is Liesel. Just wanted to let you know that I'm on the boards now... so I'll be in touch! It was good seeing everybody last night. Take care!

9. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hey! SO good to hear from you! Great name by the way. Keep posting, and let us know how little Cotton is doing. Oh yeah, Gabe, be safe and stuff. ;)

Sis, I miss you, but I know you are much happier in Cali! :(

10. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Thanks Matthew ! :)
    Good to see you here Liesel ! :)
    Glad everyone made it to the dinner last night ! It was great seeing everyone ! ! ! :)

I MISS YOU TOO SIS ! ! ! :( BUT YES, I AM VERY HAPPY HERE IN CALIF W/MY SOULMATE ! ! ! :)

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Jerri,

I just want you wish you all the happiness in the world. May you find everything that someone as wonderful as you deserves :)

Sincerely,

Mike

12. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Good luck, Jerri! :)

13. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    *sniff, sniff*
    I'm gonna miss you guys...

I liked using a UHaul so much that I made a PAGE about it, but I'm going to have to resize the pics.....several months from now when I get back

14. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    I to am going to miss all of ya'll ! ! ! Gabe you be safe ! ! !

15. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Good bye and best of luck, Gabe. It was nice to meet you at the last two meetings. You and your bride take care of yourselves now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.