main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC JE's Pessimism/Rant Bar

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jet-Eye, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    You demanded it, and at last, it's here! The thread where you can spill your sorrows and have a whinge about life and all its inadequacies in general. This thread doesn't encourage the 'flaming' - criticising - of persons who attend these boards, but by all means have a whinge about spiffing people like Bush and Osama who are leading the world into decay.

I mean, christ, what are they thinking? And what's the deal with pencils these days? Every time you go to sharpen them with cheap-as-buggery sharpners they snap in two. I don't know. And when is Rogue_Product going to show his sorry little derriere round here again?

Et cetera, et cetera...

2. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Well, to be the proverbial first cab off the rank - which disgusts, DISGUSTS me JE! - I've got something that's giving me a real fiery date.

The price of music these days JE! I tell you what, all this guff about "MP3s" costing the Record Company's money is just a CHEAP - yes you heard me you parasitic vermin, you and your record exec friends are all CHEAP! - a CHEAP excuse JE, to rip us all off!!

40 dollars for a double CD? are they MAD?

And all the while, in the bargain bin lie the true greats, the classical artists who bloody started the WHOLE DAMN CONCEPT of marketable music.

Crikey JE, it's like lemons. You don't know why, but you suddenly want to cry.

The Price of Fish is similarly dismaying, but I wont start on that rocky path.

Glory to Usama, Death to Bush, and all that other Eastern Rhetoric.

There is only one true God, and that God is Allah.

3. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    :: Enters the Bar and pins a Sign up 'So you've Desided to be Evil and walks back your singing under his breath ::

Spam Spam Spam wonderful Spam Spam Spam

4. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I would like to rant on the presence of spam in this thread... ;)

Actually, I'd just like to complain about work. If we HAVE to be here all day the least these prats could do is give us something to do.

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    What SPAM?

If you call the ability and right to have a real good rant about something SPAM, then I have something new to rant about, something else has got my goat and wont return it!

Bloody RSA's who complain about SPAM!!

For happy kittens.

6. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    *cough*spam*cough*

":: Enters the Bar and pins a Sign up 'So you've Desided to be Evil and walks back your singing under his breath ::

Spam Spam Spam wonderful Spam Spam Spam"

7. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Can I have a rant?

What really gets to me is people that say they'll do something and never do.

Or they say "Oh yes, we'd love to get involved in blah blah blah" and then at the first sign of a problem, they bail out and do a runner.

If life was meant to be easy it would have come with an instruction book.

Some things are harder to do than other....get used to it and get the job done.

*deep breath...counts to 10*

8. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Spam? I'm insulted. This thread is designed to have a rant...ranting isn't spamming, it's expressing oneself after a hard day's work.

Firm/appropriate.

What's not firm is the fact that TNealontitus is outside throwing balls at a a bloke with a bat and there's the danger that he might come up and pester me with stupid, 4-year old comments like "I love Warnery" and "come and bounce the ball with me." FOol.

9. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *Slowly creeps before LVFF explodes*

Ermm... yeah. Anyhooters, I could rant all day about pernament and everyday things, but for the risk of being a whinger and a hater of life (which i'm not), I shall not :)

10. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    ROFLMAO!! Oh crickey son of moses...streuth, and bloody bonza...

What more can I say that is more Australian 'cept for "Top stuff mate, that's a rant to remember."

But look, something else needs to be spoken of. Basically, something gave my aggots a bit of a too friendly squeeze earlier today, and no, it wasn't the itch on my date, but something more sinister.

The price of the AOTC DVD!!

Before I left - 14 days ago - Sanity was selling it for 30 dollars.

Now? I had to fork out 40 bloody dollars for it! Now, I'm still happy to have it, but what's happening to the world?

And shopping for a KK gift for a mate from work. I was going to be generous and go beyond the 10 dollar limit and buy him a CD he wanted, cos he's a top bloke and a good mate, but it was bloody 40 dollars!

Crickey, kill that sound.

I just ranted about the same damn thing.

Bring in the Clones!

11. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'd like to rant about being low on sugar. I can barely make sense of the posts in this thread. :p

EDIT (after consuming sugar): Ah, now they make sense. ;)

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Look, I have one more rant before I go to bed.

I went to all the trouble to make a unique and Mandalorian Political Party for VicFF and all the friends of VicFF to use as a platform to chase glory, and yet the only people supporting it are the friendly meglomaniacs from the RPF. And Zaarin.

Zaarin...ah...gotta love the guy.

But back to my rant, I'm dissappointed that more people aren't at least VISITING H-FRIC to lend support of SOME kind, like our kind City Rep LordVaderFF did earlier today!!

"What a bloody nice gesture" I thought to myself, and it warmed the cockels of my heart and soothed the fire down on the ring of Calcutta, let me tell you.

But what really grabs my aggots and feeds 'em to my stolen goat who someone's still got (give it back you bludger, I know where you live!) Is that despite the location of H-FRIC central being well bloody known, the best I can get out of some "members" is the token "I'm reporting in" post that might pop up once a month!

We can WIN this people! Think of it! Mandating it so VicFF is the first stop for anyone trying to log on to the JC...
    The possibilities are endless!

For a long time I have told you all to "get excited" and "find your roots" but now it's more important then ever!
    Get Active! Get Involved!

Come and Visit us at H-FRIC!

H-FRIC: Because if we don't indoctrinate your children, who will?

13. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I have a rant!

I hate the fact that I cannot openly walk around the streets in Melbourne town naked without being arrested. I have a beautiful body and make the world a better place by showing it.

Surely the good then out weighs the evil?

Surely talent should overcome ignorance?

Surely I make people aspire to be better?

Enough said!

14. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Yes, yes enough has been said...

*groan*

15. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    I'd like to have a Rant about Woobly boots.

When I was a Lad I remember me dad coming home late friday nights, Mum'd be there she'd give hime the glare coz he'd be has high as a kite, He'd say sorry I'm late I had a couple with me mates and we started to sing afew songs, And the next thin you know it was to go and I had me wobbly boots on.

My uncle was the same he was never to blame when he came to our house, Light up the barbie rip the top off a stubbie and sit there as quite as a mouse, but in the evening when he was leaving even though he was wearing thongs, I've forgotten what he said but anyway!

It A bloody Discrase to the Aussie Race and Its been going for far to long, So maybe they should make stronger make last long then they wouldn't have their wobbly boots on.

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I'd like to rant about Warm Beer.

You see - ironically - the Coldie sitting in front of me, has ended up, rather damn warm, if not "hot".

Bloody hell, it get's me annoyed, as angry as when I think of that bloody bludger out there who STILL has my goat and is yet to return it!

But what makes the subtle tickle on my date a real fire down on calcutta's ring, is not the probing of Hoppa, but the fact that in this weather, a man can't even FINISH his damn Beer - barring the good old Skull - without it ending up all damn warm by the time the dregs come to pass.

It's annoying, much like this damn movie on SbS at the moment, with all the singing children. "Santa conquers the martians" it's called.
    Top movie, but these kids have obviously escaped indoctrination, which really get's up my Hoppa's Avenue, so to speak.

It's worse then Haydo's Hemaro's, I tell you...

17. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    THIS IS SERIOUS PEOPLE. THE WORLD (ie the US) HAVE GONE INSANE, AND I, FOR ONE, AM SCARED OF THE FUTURE.

US says it can handle North Korea

AP - The Bush administration pressed North Korea diplomatically to refrain from restarting a dormant nuclear reactor, even as the defence secretary warned that the US military could simultaneously take on both Iraq and the communist Pyongyang regime.

"We are capable of fighting two major regional conflicts," Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said. "We're capable of winning decisively in one and swiftly defeating in the case of the other, and let there be no doubt about it."

Madness. What sort of mentality is that trigger-happy Rumsfeld in? Why the hell is he actually considering taking on two sides in such a patriotic style? It makes me angry. What are your thoughts?

18. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah I think the worlds going abit :: Gets out a little horn which makes that whirling sound when blown :: (Blows quickly then again and agian making the sound you have in Cartoons when someone runs fast)

19. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I think the world should unite and be as one. No more politics or religion. Thats what causes all the troubles!

Unite under the one true leader.

Mixo

20. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    *sigh*

So much for addressing the serious issues...

21. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *Throws both his shoes at TJ and Mixo*

That was for JE! :D

Now about your rant. It is indeed a serious issue, and one that probably won't we resolved any time soon. I think it's just the arragance of Rumsfeld and the Bush Administration. They think they can take on the whole world and that no one can stop them.... *sigh* i just hope they don't do anything TOO stupid.

Edit: Speeling

22. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    Sorry, I was being serious I do think that America is well powerful and like all things that get what they want have to get dirty hands and become ahem abit currupt. Bombing isn't the answer for everything. Bin Ladan or spell ever still had not the right for 11/9 though. But I don't think that bombing everywere in that area would be the answer. don't know how else though. But Bombing is STUPID!!! And do exuase me but... Bloody Yanks!

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I hate all these do gooders carrying on about detention centres. They are better fed and cared for here in a caged premises than they are over there. The fact is that we cannot take everyone in! We have a nation and economy to look after, not the welfare of every fleeing, sooky wah wah person in the world.

24. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    You guys want a rant? Here is a rant.

I applied for today off work so that I could have Tuesday through to the weekend off. I was refused, as they claimed that there would not be enough people here to get things done.

So here I am, sitting at my desk with nothing to do. There is not enough work for one person today, let alone three.

So to summarise...I'M BORED!

Anyone who's going to be here within the next...hmm...6 or 7 hours...PM me! I'm bored!

25. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    You, get on MSN. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.