1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:VIC JE's Pessimism/Rant Bar

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jet-Eye, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    I can't, I'm at work. PM me. :p
  2. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd hang around but I'm off to see The Two Towers again.

Yes, I am a freak.... :p
  3. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Look, to be frank, life is getting me stirred up at the moment.

This sick, dying and festering orb of sedimentary and molten material covered in a thin, nitrogenous and other gaseous substances layer, is a pathetic excuse for a "miracle", and no longer a subject of awe.

On the one planet blessed with the formation of life that can transcend normalacy to achieve sapience, we have managed to change the biodiversity ratios, the atmospheric mix, the temperature, and the weather, all to make the conditions adverse to our personal survival.

We have managed to segregate, stratify, and isolate our species into as many sub-catagories as we can, in a primal attempt to return to a world of tribal values and instinctual actions. Pathetic.

Black, white, asian, arabic, American...all the first level, then we find our countries further seperating people. Then, within countries, political alliances divide, socio-economic standing divides greatly, job-type divides, geographic location and prestige therein divides....

Until, entire families are so seperate in stratification and sub-type, that they don't even speak to each other less they besmirch their ego-centric pride and standing.

And we wonder why moronic, infidelic gung-ho Nazi facist pigs like the ultimate in narccisistic warmongering, Bush and Rumsfield, are able to wreck such savage blows on our unity as a mankind, and a humanity.
    Why they are allowed to assimilate, subjecate, and oppress with impunity, turning a ruler such as Saddam Hussain - no different to any other but for his anti-western position - into the latest Hitler, and making it seem the arabic world has only now turned to terrorism because of some evil gene they all possess.

No words do we hear on the corrupt intranet of mass media; about how the Americans raped and pillaged middle eastern lands of oil, of resource, of prestige and money. How they tore a unified area apart for their Jewish friends who dominate their own government, how they continue to bastardise the "free world" into their sock puppet and "feel-good" pals so they can be reassured that their genocidal actions and war crimes are in fact for "the greater good."

The American Way eh? I suppose they'll try and drill for oil in Alaska next! Oops, the pigs already are.

Well I for one, am SICK of it. They ARE the people who've got my goat, and I'm getting it back.

If the American Government sets foot in Iraq, North Korea, or ANY soverign nation as an act of invasion, I'm going over there to fight them myself.

I'd rather die resisting evil then live in this world that'll probably be wiped clean of our pathetic legacy within 50 years.

End Rant
  4. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Firm/Appropriate PoT.
  5. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Chopping Speach old Chap.
  6. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Now that's out in the open, in all seriousness, does anyone know where my bloody goat is, and who has it?
  7. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    :: Burps and covers mouth ::

No I haven't. Unless Hawk Had something to do with the cooking. :: Walks off slowly ::
  8. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Hey, don't look at me, that food was 100% canned. ;)
  9. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    You had a goat? [face_shocked]
  10. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't it get up your nose when people decide to have a convo in a thread that is not designed to have convos!!! Especially really bizare convos about goats, which should be taken to threads like "Come here to be confused". Honestly, the state of affairs these days!

!End Rant!
  11. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hate how in this world of injustice that it is legal to marry your cousin, but illegal to marry a goat.
  12. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That annoys me as well.

Alcohol is now at the highest sales ever, and is now considered "the drug of the youth", a title given to cannabis last decade by the Australian government.
    This year, recent survey's show the perception and use of Cannabis is finally on a downward spiral: a first in the past 17 years.
    Tobbaco is still extremely high amongst the young, and has raised slightly in the last year, by 1.2%.

Now to be frank, I like my grog: this is well known, but to treat it as a drug on the same scale as TOBBACCO or CANNABIS is OUTRAGEOUS!

Alcohol is non-addictive, and in moderation, actually GOOD for you.
    Cigarettes are possibly the most dangerous, poisonous and disease ridden little sticks of tar every in existence, and whilst a "safer" alternative to "ciggy's", is still rife with the danger of schizophrenia, blood-chemical alteration and blood clots: which can lead to both heart attacks and strokes.

Stop Demonising Alcohol! Hit the hard drugs, and destroy them, but leave the Australian institution of drinking ALONE!

The Rant Bar back on topic, and his mission a success, Kane slowly walks off, still pissed off and fired up.

13. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Now I'm sorry but this is very big to me but during the hot weather neither me nor my parents have bothered to get an air condisiner for the house hence forth creating the open doors and windows.

Now to all those in a similar position they will know that this means the doors open and close each other (Not fully but in my house they still make a bloody rachet.) and on top of that you have no idea how often it happens in my house due the the FANS!!!

In every room we have a fan cirulating the air which i have argued with my parents till i was blue in the face only circulates the air and that you first have to be extremely hot first for it to have any REAL effects.

Fans were created to help a function of the human body, Persperation, when air moves over sweat then it cools of cooling the body down and forso you need to first of all be really extremely hot before it starts to have any kind of effect what so ever!

This all bundels down to one thing! What annoyes me most of all is not hot weather, love the stuff but mainly the fact that doors in my house move at there free accord making themselves feel at home! THEY SHOULD ONLY MOVE WHEN TOLD! and we need a air con!
  14. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Down with Air Conditioners! Another means of wasting a lot of electricity, thus screwing over the world ever more! We don't have bloody air conditioners and do perfectly well without them! Sure, public transport and the like should have air con but every house in the state is going a bit far...
  15. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well fine if you want the world to be filled with slamming doors, be my guest but its either that or I'm taking all the doors out of my house!
  16. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Well fine if you want your children - OUR children, PoT, the all important younger set, the next generation, Mankind's Salvation - to grow up in a fossil fuelled-out world of mayhem and disorder!!!

Saig Huggard! (Oops, wrong thread, sorry 'bout that...)
  17. Y2K-ThePitdroid Jedi Padawan

:: Wanders in and sticks a message on the wall from his master ::

Don't worry I wont Cause Mayhem, As long as all the doors stay shut in this Mental Asymel they shoved me in.
  18. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a rant today. It's about the limited size of mobile text messages.

On any phone that I've used (except for 3310s) the text size is about 160 characters, and i'm not the one for writing 2 word messages or using complete slang like 'u' or 2morrow or such. This usually results in me having to write two messages to get one point across. Now, I know it's not much you're wasting (only 25c actually), but that's just not the point.

OK, enough from me.

That's my 1000th post!!! *tears form at eyes* what a milestone :p
  19. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I think it's high time I ranted here. I have something to rant about, and it's pessimism. Yes, you read correctly, I'm ranting about pessimism.

Far too many people in the world today have a bleak outlook on life. Rather than think about what they have, they obsess over what they don't have. The world seems to be in a frenzy over the possibility of war, and everyone is sure that the worst case scenario will play out, and frankly I'm sick of it. It's about bloody time people stopped worrying about the worse things in life and started enjoying the better things.

There, it's a short rant, but dinner's almost ready.
  20. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hate how even in this world of creativity and flair, that I am rejected even by a rubber doll

Oh the injustice!
  21. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    It's okay Mixo... we'll get you one that doesn't reject you one day! Until then, you're on your own.
  22. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    HawkNC, I'm ever the optimist - this thread was created after watching a fairly depressing SBS World News 'episode' - and I wish we could ignore what's going on and get on with our lives, but it's hard to forget the man in charge of the world's biggest Empire is a man keen on war. "We can only hope that there's some good" intent in the people charged with the duties of running the world.

Still, one should never be pesimistic, and I live in hope that the world will keep its head - and ovethrow Bush and his republican hawks.
  23. fatboyslim Jedi Knight

star 1
    Back to the goat thing Kane, I own two but I don't believe either of them are yours.

I personally have nothing to rant about I am optimistic, own and air conditioner and earn more money than I know what to do with. I couldn't care less about fossil fuels as one day the will be replaced with something even more magical for us to waste. And as for the war on Iraq and the Middle East, this does annoy me.

We currently have a self-confessed ex-alcoholic, ex-drug user, and illiterate running the world biggest power economically and when it comes to war. We have thought about the possibility of the wrong weapons getting into the wrongs hands, and now they are and yet we still refuse to do anything about it. If UN weapons inspector?s need to insight war against any nation perhaps it should be America.

My goats are really friendly Kane. You can borrow one it you want :D
  24. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    'Look, to be frank Paul, I'm as pissed as a fart, and even a goat is looking good at this stagw.

Where is my llama?
  25. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    You've read "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore too, hey fatboyslim?? A very entertaining read!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.