Jillian's - Get Together (Updated with Official Information)

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by Darth_Glymmer, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Amen to that! :) wooohooo!
  2. gandalfbmg Force Ghost

star 2
    Well, as long as you can admit you're crazy. Personally, we (me and the mrs.) are crazy too. We should have a fine time being crazy together!
  3. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I prefer the term sanely challenged.
  4. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    All my friends think I'm crazy... they think I'm crazy for liking Star Wars as much as I do... ;)
  5. gandalfbmg Force Ghost

star 2
    And I combat political correctness in all its forms...

it is what it is --> 8-}
  6. spooky-kid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All my friends think I'm crazy... they think I'm crazy for liking Star Wars as much as I do.

Thank Palpatine I'm not the only one.
  7. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ^^^ Same here. I just got into a discussion at work about Star Wars.
  8. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Upping this for anyone that hasn't seen it.
  9. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So you all are thinking of showing up at 8:30- 9?

I don't think I would stay late Thursday night, I'm planning on dropping in long enough to chat and meet folks and you know, maybe a couple/few hours. But I don't wanna show up is no one else is gonna be there yet.

Also, Sebulba's map was *very* informative, but can someone give me an actual blocks estimate?

Thing is, the parents are nervous about me walking around Indy at night, since we aren't from that area and only know the city in passing. So Dad wants to know how far it'll be and such. Since it's so close to the con center I am assuming it's in a good part of town?

And has anyone actually contacted the Indy Jillian's to make sure their rules will allow for those of us unfortunate enough not to be of drinking age to hang around after 9/10 pm?

10. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I contacted Jillians and they do not have an age limit requirement on weekdays (on Thursday they are open until midnight) so you can stay as long as you want. They do on the weekends but that's not relevant.

From the convention center, Jillians is very close (probably about 1-2 blocks). I walked there the last time at C2 and had no problems (and felt very safe).

If you are worried that you might be the only one to show up, I can give you my cell phone number. You're welcome to give me a shout to find out if we're there, etc. Although, I do plan on being there a little earlier.
  11. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So they'll be closed right after ANH lets out... :oops:
  12. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I contacted Jillians and they do not have an age limit requirement on weekdays (on Thursday they are open until midnight) so you can stay as long as you want.

Awesome. :D
  13. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well if it's only one or two blocks I can prolly just walk over there and if no one's there I can just walk right on back, or wait if I feel like it. But if the meeting time is gonna be 9, that's when I'll be there, I'm not planning on showing up early or anything.

14. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello. I don't really know anyone here, but I was hoping I could change that by meeting you guys in Indy. Would you mind if I came to this little get together as well?
  15. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wouldn't mind at all. This is for anyone and everyone. Fun will be had by all.
  16. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well, I would be happy to come along to this one as well. I'm coming over from England and intend to meet and greet as many Star Wars fans as I can whilst I'm there.

I do have a mobile number, but it would be international to all of you!

Oh, I wanted to add that if anyone wants anything from old blighty, let me know, it might be possible to bring stuff out.
  17. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, I wanted to add that if anyone wants anything from old blighty, let me know, it might be possible to bring stuff out.

Awesome! I just went to England (London) last May. What part are you coming from? Can you bring some of those Cadbury chocolates?
  18. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Whoa yeah...I'd forgotten about the chocolates. My friend went to London and she was going to bring me some but she lost them. :(

How much are the chocolates?
  19. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Let me know what Cadbury chocolates you would like, and I'm sure I can smuggle some in ;)
  20. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    I thought I'd bump this up for reminder and clarification. So the get together is Thursday night at Jillians, 8:30 or 9:00, but where inside? It's a large place; looks like 3 floors.

I also think the singles group should just plan to attend this one. You can still ferret each other out and this might be less threatening.

Does anyone know if any of the surrounding hotels have a lobby bar? That might make a place to meet informally on Wednesday night. Then folks could go on from there.

Since I'm spending much of my C3 time volunteering I don't know if I'll be able to meet but would like to come to Jillians if I'm off.
  21. woppo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a Cadbury factory in the state I live in,can I come to this get together if I bring some Cadbury chocs?
  22. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Does anyone know if any of the surrounding hotels have a lobby bar? That might make a place to meet informally on Wednesday night. Then folks could go on from there.

Do you mean Thursday? I think this is a great idea. Those who want to head over there can have a little pre-meet in their respective hotels and get acquainted in smaller groups before congregating at Jillian's. How about meeting at each hotel at around 8 ish and then heading over to Jillian's at 9? Just suggesting it since a definite time hasn't been decided upon.
  23. Jedi0824 Jedi Knight

I will probally come over afterthe opening ceremonies.
  24. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have a Cadbury factory in the state I live in,can I come to this get together if I bring some Cadbury chocs?

Yes. Chocolate is always good.

I'm probably going to try and be at Jillians at 8:30ish. I've gotten contact information from quite a few people interested in meeting up.

Jillians has a few private pool rooms off to the side (on the 1st floor I believe). I think it'll be a good idea to try and get one of those (depending on availability). So if you're interested in meeting up, that's where I'll probably be. That's not a definite, though so exchanging contact info. is still probably a good idea.

Getting closer! Can't wait to meet everyone!
  25. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I am pretty sure that I will be attending and the other guys from our fanforce will be coming, as well. DG, do I just need to PM you with my cell number, or how does that work?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.