main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Jimmy John's Subs in Short Pump and Chesterfield Town Center!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by James3, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Great subs fellas! Give them a shot and see what y'all think.

My fave is the "GARGANTUAN" :D

Julie gets the JJBLT and I have to say I think they use a whole pound of bacon on it!

Here is the menu/website:

Jimmy John's

2. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    can someone say heart attack

3. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    a lb of bacon...

4. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Joe, the Hunter or whatever it's called would be right for you. That thing has more roast beef then the Arby's Big Montana.

5. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    You know, I'm needing me a Five Guys Burgers & Fries about now (so much for the diet)! Can we all start getting back on a meeting schedule to go places we like to eat. If not every month, maybe every other or even quarterly. I like a good burger joint but that other group gets a little too "restauranty" from time to time. I can just as soon go to a fast food restaurant as long as some of us are getting together to talk Star Wars.

6. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Five Guys sounds outstanding! I can't agree with ya more man. Sometimes it is impossible to beat some good old junk food and great fellowship. We have almost as many locations in Richmond now as they had in NoVa so pick one and let's do peanuts, fries, and burgers Star Wars style!

7. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Maybe our CR should ring in on this? I see there's only a couple folks over here now so maybe a place to eat every couple of months would be on order. The fast food is a lot cheaper though than a sit down and I'm also a big fan of having meetings at a local Mall Food court too. Lots of space and selection. Lets see where this goes and maybe we can bring in a couple of the old crew back in to beef up the numbers.

8. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Danny! What say you?

Great thing about the spirit of this group is that if we want to just plan a deal we can.

BTW, I couldn't resist it after all this chatter. Five Guys made for a fine family dinner tonight.=P~

The important thing is for us to just keep active on the board and get some outings set up.[face_dancing]

9. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Agreed, if Danny doesnt start posting his intentions, I say we stage a coup! Seriously, thats also one of the things I liked about this group. Very laid back and not as regimented. It doesnt suprise me you hit 5 Guys! Their Bacon Cheeseburger is one of the best I've ever tasted. I kinda like their fries to, being the cut potato and all. You dont really get that anywhere else. Thing is, their portions are HUGE. I went to the one out on 360 by Woodlake about a month ago and just got a small fries and I swear you coulda fed three people off it!

10. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I know right!? We ordered one large fry for everyone! That is Me, Jules, 4 kids and we STILL had some leavins that hit the trash! They are amazing though. Penn Station is the only other place I know of that does fries the good ole fashioned way.

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Never eaten at Penn. Do they still have the one up there by Lonestar? I think there was one over there by Chuck E Cheese.

12. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    what ever you guys want im down for.

13. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Yeah, their still there. Decent subs, but the fries are great!

14. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Hey man, speaking of subs, you need to try out Firehouse subs up there off courthouse near the intersection with Midlothian, its on the UKrops side. I ate there this week and was really diggin it. I got an Italian that made me think twice about me ol diet!

15. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Oh heck yeah!!! Firehouse is AMAZING!!!

I love the Engine Company, Hero, Hook n Ladder... Oh heck all of them! The Brisket is real good.

Oh yeah, I know where I am going for lunch now. [face_dancing]

16. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, who'd thought that Panera bread was any good? Ever eaten there? Hate to sound stupid but I thought they were just breads & cakes and the likes. They had pretty good soup to be fresh out the freezer!

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Dude! I was right there with ya thinking it was some overpriced fancy bakery or some such crap. I really like the Chipotle Chicken sandwich.

I run hot and cold on the soups. I like the French Onion in the bread bowl. Chicken and Wild Rice is decent. Every now and then they have this tortilla soup that rocks!

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Ha! Last night I was putting away some stuff I got for Xmas and found a $25 Applebees card in the pocket of one of the shirts I got from the mother n law. How nice of her! Felt like a tool that I didnt thank her previous. Thing is I'm trying to lose some weight so it may have to sit awhile!

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    So who's up for five guys next monday?

20. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Which one?

I would think that the Westchester or the one next to O'Charlies on Hull would be the best ones. Or isn't there one down on Iron Bridge when you get off of 288?

Anyway, I'm in! =D= [face_dancing]

21. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I'm up for it. Lets go to the one by me. Its at Chesterfield Meadows Shopping Center next to Subway (across from UKrops).
    This is on Iron bridge just above the Courthouse Complex. Someone should ask Eddie if he wants to come too, hes right up the street.

22. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    That's the one I was thinking of. Let's do it!

23. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    What time? 6:30?

24. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Its a deal then. 6:30pm, I'll be there. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

25. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Sarah and I will be there at 6:30! Troy, am I making a left from beach onto rt 10? how far up is it and on what side?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.