main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jimmy Kimmel Live The Star Wars Special TONIGHT (HQ RIGHT HERE!)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DisneylandFan4Life, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    I for one hope that the boyega sweating was just JJ pulling the wool over our eyes. Finn BETTER NOT be sweating after running on adrenaline for his life on a scorching desert planet, or even in a hot storm trooper outfit.

Don't even get me started on the yelling over the TIE engines, shots, music, and explosions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Sweatgate: the biggest load of nonsense since the hand in space?

3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Poe's law. Poe's law everywhere.

4. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I wish, for once, that someone on the interwebz would own up to the folly of their invalid opinions. Criticizing Boyega for "choosing to sweat" is near the top of the list of invalid opinions that I have heard on this forum. And that's a high bar.

5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Under the circumstances, most of the scenes we see of Finn are in the desert or amidst action. I think a little panting and mouth a-gaping is reasonable. Just look at the scene of him giving a subtle nod to Poe after Poe bro hugs him on the shoulder. I think there will be more moments like that too, which will be great.

6. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    Hahaha the people in this thread are a joke. Omg Boyega is sweating!!! Where's Luke! I want my spoilers when I want them!! This film is going to do horrible and I hate mystery! Just shut up

jaqen, Import_Jedi and yassir.khan like this.
  7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Follow up to this

8. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    Carrie Fisher bothers me. A lot.

And on a side note: The Kimmel special was kinda weak. But man, oh, man is Daisy stunning.

9. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    She has a very distinct sense of humor which can make her come across as a little batty sometimes.

10. NoSuchThingAsLuck

Apr 30, 2014

Does this distinct sense of humor cause her to do duck lips 24/7?

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

As long as she doesn't do it in the movies, what do you care?

12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Was watching some of Kimmel show clips and Boyega comes around best in these public appearances. He is already quite an entertainer and on the way to have a similar natural fan approach than Hamill. :) I also have to admit that I liked the Han/Chewie special done by Ford. Was really entertaining. :) But all in all, I really missed Mark Hamill in this show and most other public appearances until now. Hope he will be featured a lot after the movie is out. ;)

13. NoSuchThingAsLuck

Apr 30, 2014

And if she does it in the movies?

14. NoSuchThingAsLuck

Apr 30, 2014

And I care because I was a HUGE Fisher fan. Duh.

15. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    From the whole starwars cast (OT, PT, ST) Mark Hamill is IMO the coolest guy for the fans, he's got a great sense of humor and wit. I also really like Anthony Daniels.
    From the new cast Bogeya is definitely going to be a crowd pleaser and Daisy is sweet and still a bit shy (she doesn't have that "look at me" attitude). Oscar's also cool.

I forgot one guy, Mike Quinn, he plays Nien Nunb, he's very cool and gives his fans a lot of attention on Facebook :)

nightangel likes this.
  16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Agree 100% and I think we both have the same impression on these people. :)

arjank likes this.
  17. That Real Hope

That Real Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 14, 2015
    The best clip I've seen of him acting wise is when he say:

"you don't know anything about me"

Still trying to find traces of him sweating or breathing hard in that clip.

And maybe it's just me, but I want some intensity and energy and urgency.

That first shot of him in the very first teaser really told us that this is getting more real now.

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

nightangel likes this.
  18. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah, I'm aware :). I love watching Harrison when he is acting pissed, he really sells it. :D

19. jjgriffin

jjgriffin Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2015

She's basically become like that slightly crazy old aunt. Everyone has one. The sort who you know was probably a huge hippie for at least some years of her life, and likely experimented with some wild stuff. She has no off-switch. She speaks her mind, for better or for worse, and to Hell with anyone who tries to slap a muzzle on her. When your parents try and criticize you for not being mature enough or being too fun-loving, she's the one who has your back and tells them to lighten up because you're "still young".

Your parents speak about her in hushed tones, with feigned smiles to try and hide "the look" they exchange whenever her antics are brought up. When she shows up at family occasions like dinners and weddings and birthday parties, there's always an equal parts mix of anxiety and anticipation in the air, because nobody knows if she's going to be the life of the party or cause a huge scene. But God, do you always know that it is going to be entertaining to watch.

20. That Real Hope

Sep 14, 2015
    I have the biggest concern with Daisy's acting as I have really not been impressed with her deliver of lines or aura from an acting standpoint.

But I'm not going to wax lyrical about it and will reserve judgement until I see the film.

I think others ought to do the same.

21. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I keep getting an Indy vibe from him. Which is about as high a compliment as I can give.

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Hm. I assume the people who take issue with Finn always breathing hard have probably never seen Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer in '24' (every other line given by Kiefer included him sounding like he needed an asthma inhaler. Bauer still rocks though) :p

23. That Real Hope

Sep 14, 2015
    Great example.

He said in an interview that when jack bauer ask for a glass of water he is sweating and in a hurry when he does so.

jjgriffin and Import_Jedi like this.
  24. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    Quick clip of JJ signing autographs outside the JKL Studio - https://twitter.com/TK10815/status/668951052981567488

And some shots of Daisy outside the studio, in tags because they are quite large (I also added these to Daisy's thread) -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Carrie Fisher, the woman, can duck lip as much as she damn well pleases.

What has this to do with Star Wars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.