main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    There's another Blockade Runner visible when the camera pans left.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Another cool shot

[​IMG]

DARTH_BELO and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow that ship at the bottom kinda looks like the Ghost. It looks like it's too big to be the actual Ghost but still cool.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Folks are mentioning that in the trailer thread :eek:

The engines look all too similar to that of the Ghost... Based on the pic below, it would be the right size compared to that Blockade Runner

[​IMG]

Back to topic: Jimmy Smits yadda yadda yadda

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Is it too big? Nothing really to give it scale.

I think its supposed to be the ghost, or at least a ghost like ship.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, after looking at it some more I definitely think it's the Ghost! Damn!

6. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    "I'd trust her with my life any day! Wheeeeeee!"

light_sabe_r and JediLight like this.
  7. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    How do people feel about Bail's role in the final film? I loved his last scene with Mon Mothma.

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I loved Bail's cameo. His wordless entrance in the early briefing room scene was quietly resonant. You could see in his eyes the toll that the last twenty years have taken on him. Of course, his conversation with Mon Mothma was both a nice callback to ROTS and setup for ANH.

9. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I agree with this 100%. It surprised me that he wasn't present at the table to begin with, but his entrance worked well.
    Actually, the conversation between the two was one of my favorite moments in the entire movie. It gave me a weird sense of "completion", since it linked RO with ANH in a more subtle way than the movie's endgame. Then again, I'm a sucker for that kind of references.

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

It must've been an incredible strain on him, every time he meets with Palps and Vader he has to have the most incredible mental strength to not give away any of the secrets he knows. Not only is he guardian to Vader's child and the secret location of Kenobi and Luke, and one of the main Rebel leaders, he must put on a front where he is at best passively disagreeing with the Emperor and at the worst subservient to him.

11. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I had hoped that we might get a brief seen of Bail parting ways with Leia, but, that aside, I was very happy with Smits' inclusion in the film!

Darkslayer and Qui-Riv-Brid like this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

That is my biggest regret about the film.

Qui-Riv-Brid likes this.
  13. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    It was good seeing Bail again, and also Mon Mothma and knowing that they were both prime leaders in the rebellion still, and that it was kept that way.

I want to know how Bail got back to Alderaan when the ship went with Leia to scarif.....Granted, you don't know how long/time wise it was between Bail leaving and the fleet attacking Scarif, but it still seems odd.

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    "I trust her with my life."

If you didn't tear up at that moment, then you don't have a soul.

15. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    I wish he had had abit more dialogue earlier in the film to properly establish who he is. I hope there's a deleted scene with him.

whostheBossk and Darkslayer like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well that's because...that's because...Bail is actually...Snoke! Yes...he became Snoke so he can finally say farewell to Leia before going to back home...to Alderaan...I need to work on this...on this theory...yes.

17. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I was so so happy to see Bail. Somehow stayed Spoiler free on that one that I actually teared up when he appeared in his first scene. Loved his work. Love Bail more now.

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Oh, Bail if you only knew how big a mistake that is.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Bail aged really well between RotS and R1, compared to poor old Obi-Wan. Hard living on Tatooing I guess....

20. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Wish he was a bit more involved, because he really could be an important character given more screentime and Smits is great in general. Still a perfect bridge between the prequels and the OT.

21. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    I also wished to see more Bail in the film. As mentioned up above, he was the perfect bridge between the PT and OT

When he tells Mon Mothma that he will head back to Alderaan, man the feels. Couldn't help but do this in my head:

[​IMG]

22. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    l

I thought the line was "I trust him with her life."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    When I saw him, I had this pleasant trip down memory lane back to 2005 and ROTS
    Am I the only one who thinks that R1 works as an excellent ANH prequel and an excellent ROTS sequel?

24. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    I think Lucasfilm's next anthology film should be a two-hour Imperial Senate filibuster by His Serene Highness, First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan, Galactic Senator Bail Organa about the virtues of freedom, justice and democracy in the galaxy. It can be called "Freedom in the Galaxy: A Bail Organa Filibuster". If Disney is concerned about the box office potential, they should not. Because only Jimmy Smits with certain cameos by Mon Mothma and other more obscure senators is the only budget for actors with a CGI senate chamber. Better yet, release it on Netflix. Doesn't have to be in cinemas.

Okay, I kid, I kid.... :p

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wow, nice call!