main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Any chances you think Leia and Bail had additional scenes filmed for the movie? I imagine Bail did, as some parts of the Yavin scenes were reworked, but I just can't help but think what a missed opportunity not having a brief Bail and Leia farewell scene is.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You say missed opportunity, the filmmakers say intentional choice. It makes the impact of her scene at the end greater if that's the only time you see her.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...s-on-daddy-issues-rogue-one-and-the-get-down/

4. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    It was great to have him back in a star wars movie.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Smits is fabulous as Bail in ROTS, TFU, and RO. I love hearing him in TFU.

I've already mentioned how haunting his entry is. You can see the pain in his eyes. You later see it in Mon's in ROTJ and in the EU novels.

Winama Shiraya and TCF-1138 like this.
  6. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    That entrance gave me chills. I'm glad they didn't throw in a one-liner or have him say anything. The face says it all.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. Winama Shiraya

Winama Shiraya Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 3, 2017
    I embarrassed my friend when I yelled out, "Ooh, Bail!" the first time around in the theater. :p

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    One day a movie has to be based solidly on Alderaan.

whostheBossk, Avnar and Taylore like this.
  9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yo why would Bail Organa risk both Leia's life and the fate of the Alliance by volunteering her to be thrown into the chaos of the Battle of Scarif?

10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Because he is 100% sure he can 100% trust her to get the job done.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017

I have no idea about what might've been planned, but I've thought about this and it might've been nice to introduce her on Yavin IV or something, being played by a new actor. That way, she could appear at the end and the audience would be on board.

(Yes, I'm trying to think around the CGI--I'd prefer either not showing her face at all, or recasting her, in which case an earlier scene would be useful.)

12. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017

She's 25 years old. Old enough to make her own decisions. And her decision was to join the rebels.

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    She's 19 at the time of ANH and still acting under cover for the Rebellion. Getting thrown into a war zone by her father (who himself was secretly supporting the Alliance) seems a little irresponsible.

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Joan of Arc was 19 when she died.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Oswin Oswald

Apr 16, 2017

Luke and Leia are twins. According to George Lucas, Luke is 25 years old at the time of ANH.

Plus, age is seldom a factor in GFFA. Padme Amidala was 15 when she was elected queen of Naboo. She not only ruled an entire world at 15, and was her world's political representative at the Republic Senate, she led a counterattack against an invasion.

16. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012

Not only that but it would have required so much more CG work to incorporate her into the Yavin scenes. Judging from the BTS footage it looks like they had a challenging enough time on just that final scene.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Luke and Leia are nineteen in ANH.

B99 and ewoksimon like this.
  18. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005

ANH was 19 years after ROTS, it's pretty well established that Luke and Leia are 19 years old in ANH.​

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  19. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I think that his inclusion was a very clever and appropriate way of linking the two trilogies together.

20. Oswin Oswald

Apr 16, 2017

LOL. So George Lucas changed his mind AGAIN. Sorry about that Mojo, back in the prequels days, George said Luke was 25. The book Star Wars pegs him at 25 as well, I think.

Regardless, 19 is still an adult and like I said previous, Padme was running an entire planet at 15.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Im pretty sure the book has him at 20. Padme was also 14 :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The only person who has ever stated that Luke was 25 years old in ANH was some relentlessly insistent person on the internet named after one of Clara Oswald's timesplit personas. 25 year olds are not registering for freshman status at the academy and continually referred to by everyone as "kid" and "just a boy".