main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
  2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    People in this line of work, and at this level, do not live the way the rest of us do. That being said, these decisions are made very differently than you might think. In a lot of cases, anyway.....:)

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Devin Faraci hate trolls Star Wars and Abrams out of spite. In other news, sky is blue, water is wet.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Judging by internet conversations, it looks like the rumor of JJ Abrams leaving SW has stuck, even though it has been officially debunked. I have a feeling we'll still be hearing about this even after filming starts, unfortunately.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually, we'll be hearing about this for decades afterwards. "Episode 7 sucked because Abrams didn't like Lucasfilm/Disney schedule / moving to England!"

We have a new Abrams meme now, up there with shaky cam and lens flare. Rejoice! Or prepare to hear it forever. Cuz we will!

6. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Thankfully this has zero factor in my enjoyment of the film :D

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I read Devin's stuff for years on CHUD. He's been posting anti-SW screeds for years and apparently hates Abrams as well, so it's no surprise he'll talk-up any rumour that perpetuates the notion that E7 is doooooomed. While Harry Knowles is like an effusive fanboy at times (who'll compare a comic book movie to oral sex for no good reason), Devin has zero objectivity and will infuse his agenda into every bit of writing he produces. What's worse, he deliberately trolls fans of his most hated franchises (as noted).

That said, his review of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland is a beautiful piece of internet vitriol, and for that I thank him.

TheStorm, Krueger and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What do you mean? They don't talk about filming location before the contract is signed?

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I mean that things like location are often not dicsussed with family as much as one might think becasue work is work. I know in this case Abrams has stated he is not thrilled with moving his family to England for that time, but if you notice, nothing was said about having asked for their input. It's usually a given in these cases that when a job comes along, the family either just goes with or stays home, depending on how that person tends to do things. Some people in the industry do not take there family with them, and are away for months at a time on projects. Some do, and it is expected by the family. Needless to say in some cases it becomes probematic, but I'm not suggesting that for Abrams as I don't know his family's situation.....

10. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Someone above nailed it about Devin. He is an ultimate troll, he for years has hated JJ for no apparent good reason, and hates Star Wars as a whole. He always has agenda's and goes with his bias. People like del Toro can do no wrong in his eyes. He is usually a hypocrite and has been going down hill for over 5 years. I just ignore him. He will find so many "rumors" (which will just be him making them up) just to rile the fans and piss them off. I bet he will be more pissed when they don't invite him to any of the press junkets/set visits.

Having said that people act like JJ just found out he was going to the UK. That was the first thing he was iffy about back in November when they originally asked him. It may have been the Howard Stern interview during the STID hype, but JJ said that when they came back a second time with KK and Ardnt in tow, he told his wife that he wanted to do the project, but didn't know about the move. But he talked to his children and wife first getting their approval before just going out and doing it. He thought about it for a few weeks before saying yes. So people act like KK and crew just told him yesterday that he had to move to the UK and he is upset by it. He knew all along that's why I knew (not just because it was Devin) that this was a BS story.

Devin will continue to do everything he can to put a dark cloud over this film. You should see the tweets he does on a weekly basis about Star Wars and Episode VII. He just trash talks it with no founding what so ever.

11. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I've noticed that people who are Guillermo del Toro and Peter Jackson fans tend to be very negative towards Star Wars.

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I resent that remark...I love Peter Jackson's work.

13. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He's already writing on twitter that the movie is going to be a distaster even though no actors have been cast and we don't even have a plot synopsis. The guy is a joke.

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    There's always a guy that's got to **** on someone's idea. Always.

Edit: Gotta star out the whole word.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not me. I like'em all. (Though Star Wars is my favorite)

16. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    As much as it is a tough move to England, I find it hard to believe that his kids would have a problem with moving there for a year so that their dad could make Star Wars. Hell, I'd kill for an inside track on the movie like that one...

Immortiss likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Seconded. Hell, I even love both Star Wars and Star Trek (kinda like cheering for the Yankees and the Red Sox, but what the hell) Can't we all just get along.

.... yes, Star Wars is my favourite. But you can like other things as well.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like Star Wars, Star Trek, The Godfather trilogy, Terminator duology, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Riddick, Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth, etc. I love them all...

...but Tremors is my all time favorite. ;)

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Great choices!!!!!!!!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    "Runnin' ain't a plan, runnin's what you do when the plan fails". I love that movie! :)

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Why would he have to move his entire family to London?

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He wouldn't have to, but maybe he'd want to, considering he will probably spend around six months or so there.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    He's going to be spending an extensive amount of time there for the filming of the ST. Either he moves, or he doesn't see his family for a long time.

24. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I agree. A lot of folks here think Kathleen Kennedy is really running the show behind the scenes, which pretty much means George is running the show. If Abrams disagrees with his input he may want to leave. All jokes aside, if they put the hammer down on Abrams and say "no lens flares", or "shaky cams" or whatever, he may want to leave. This is not unheard of. Directors are really protective of their "work and style" and they should be. I've always said from the beginning that Star Wars is a different type of project. It has a lot of strict guidelines and continuity. A lot of people in the industry probably don't want to work within those confines.

In this business there is always denials. Some are legitimate, some actually cover something else up.

Either way, this "rumor" about Abrams is a good thing. If it's true, then the producers are actually doing their job not letting Abrams run wild. If it's not true, then maybe the "truth" is everything is turning out ok.

25. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

George is not running the show, for two reasons.

1. He stated he has not even met with JJ yet.
    2. Bob Iger and the Mouse are bigger then George will ever be and in the business magazine back in Jan/Feb that described in detail the acquisitions, of LFL Iger had to remind George numerous times they may listen to his advice, but no matter what in the end it's their decision. George seems to be done for the most part with it. George is not running the show. Some need to get over that. And the irony is that Rick did not do his job at all, because George running wild=a bad thing. Some directors need more control and restraint, and George is one of them that needs some one like Kurtz.. Not JJ. But there is no truth to anything. It's been denied and he's working on it. That and JJ understands Star Wars I think better then post 90's George ever did. JJ has flexible styles. But he knows what Star Wars is, it won't clash with his way of doing things because he respects the source material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.