Official Info JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
  2. Bad_Feeling Force Ghost

star 4
    Not sure how I feel about Abrams! He's an amazing action, 'spectacle' director and in that way he's perfect for Star Wars, but on the other hand... he's already got Star Trek. Not sure if he should be given another huge sandbox to play in.
    kainee likes this.
  3. Kuestmaster Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    it's funny to think how all the trekkies will rage when Abrams is asked a milion times more about star wars than star trek.
  4. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I've got a bad feeling about this...
  5. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Let the Trekkie trolling begin! :p
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Jan 24, 2013
  6. windu4 Force Ghost

star 4
    There's no denying the fact that JJ Abrams is a talented director and his reboot of Star Trek was something I enjoyed immensely. My two issues are that 1) he's a Trekkie but I can get over that 2) he **** all over Star Trek EU so that makes me wonder if he's going to respect Star Wars' EU. Other than that I'm (tentatively) excited.

Watch your language.
    Last edited by JoinTheSchwarz, Jan 24, 2013
  7. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't want Abrams to direct...but what makes this news potentially awful is that it could mean Kurtzman, Orci and Lindelof coming in to do script rewrites.

Bring Back George.
  8. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I hated Lost and stopped watching after a couple of seasons, but I don't deny he is a quality director. My problem with Lost was the story, which Arndt is handling here. The combo of Arndt and Abrams, with a Lucas outline, should knock it out of the park. Expectations are going to soar back to pre-TPM level with him attached to the project. The "Lucas raped my childhood" crowd are going to forget the last decade and expect this to be the movie they wanted in 1999.
    Last edited by stormcloud8, Jan 24, 2013
    Padme501st and Episode Swag like this.
  9. Bad_Feeling Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't let Lindelof near Star Wars. Ever.

PLEASE.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. Crankcase Jedi Master

star 1
    This would be great. But I think something's fishy. Especially mentioning Ben Affleck as contender. Let's wait for the official announcement.
  11. Feng Shui Engine Jedi Master

star 1
    Thought I'd make an account on these forums after loitering around for so long. Just want to say I'm excited by this news, and I made/photoshopped this image in anticipation of J.J Abrams' Star Wars movie:

[IMG]

I know what you're saying...it's not enough, is it?
    Last edited by ThatSanj, Jan 24, 2013
    Justrec, LaForzaViva, Echo-07 and 5 others like this.
  12. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    what the heck I just saw this on my Facebook feed. Star Trek and Star Wars? Hmm not sure how I feel about this.
  13. Darth Georgia Jedi Knight

star 1
    Abrams has actually said he is more a fan of Star Wars than Star Trek. He is not a "Trekkie"
  14. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    No, Arndt is writing the script. The story is Lucas'.
    Episode Swag and Alexrd like this.
  15. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Alright, I'm all for it. Definitly unexpected. He's a good enough director for Star Wars, and this will be the closest thing we'll get to a Spielberg directed Star Wars film.

Also works since many of the reviews for the Star Trek said that, "This is what the prequels should have been."
    Last edited by DarthMane2, Jan 24, 2013
  16. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    If true I'll take it.
  17. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Kennedy is not messing around at all with this movie. Go big or go home. She nabbed an Oscar winning screenwriter and one of the most respected of the next generation of directors. Good for her.
    Padme501st, Echo-07, Dra--- and 4 others like this.
  18. Kuestmaster Jedi Grand Master

star 1

you didn't make this liar, this is from a trailer of The Old Republic.
    Chewbacca89 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  19. Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm pretty jazzed about this. When the ST was first announced my first thought was "Wouldn't it be cool if they could get JJ to direct it"
    Later on I was more hopefull for Fincher, but I'm really glad he got the gig over Vaghan or Favreau.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  20. OldTimeFan Jedi Master

star 1
    I find the Star Wars vs Star Trek battles very funny as I am a fan of the two.
    I must admit he gave us a good fun Star Trek movie but I hated the brewery being used as a star ship interior.
    I think he can deliver a fun Star Wars movie with fun dialog but I hope he is not let mess up the look of the Star Wars universe.
    Classic Trilogy had real sets Prequel Trilogy had green screen Sequel Trilogy will feature Apple's new plant in China?:D
    Last edited by OldTimeFan, Jan 24, 2013
  21. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Someone didn't get the joke...
  22. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outside of Spielberg, Cameron, and Nolan -- JJ Abrams is the best Director today. Perfect!!!
    El_Machete12 likes this.
  23. dolphin Chosen One

star 4

hahahhaha...lens flare! You must also frequent AICN. :)
  24. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Understood. Note that I mentioned both Lucas and Arndt. I think the combo is perfect. Lucas is the ultimate storyteller but unable to translate to a script. Arndt will take the story and develop a great script. And Abrams is highly capable of translating that to a well directed movie. I think this is the perfect storm.
  25. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4
    Wow. Can't say as I expected to see this revealed today! I'll wait for official confirmation, but all the big sites seem to think it's locked. I dig JJ, and feel like he'll respect the franchise.
    Echo-07 likes this.