main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's the droid we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I never gave it a thought until now, but I'm all up for a droids only spinoff movie.

WatTamborWoo and Death_Jar_Jar like this.
  3. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    JJ accepted the ALS Ice Bucket challenge

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What is the point of the Ice Bucket challenge? I mean seriously?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Raising awareness, primarily, but money as well. If you're nominated, you are either supposed to donate 100.00 or donate 25.00 and shoot a video of yourself getting dumped with ice water.

dolphin likes this.
  6. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    BTW, some comments on that video says JJ s standing on a North side balcony of the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. Could they be shooting nearby? I thought the hiatus was over with all those recent tweets from the cast coming back to London... The video seems to be taken today, because Steven Spielberg challenged him yesterday night:

Spielberg also challenged George, didn't saw any video of him, though.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

He mentions Greg Grunberg as part of the 501st. I wonder if he plays a Stormtrooper in Ep VII...

vinsanity likes this.
  8. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    I would not be surprised if he did, they hired folks of the R2 club to build R2 for the movie, I'm pretty sure they hired some fellas of the 501st crew to play stormtroopers extras.

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    edgarwright
    ‏@edgarwright

Star Wars spoiler. We are getting married. pic.twitter.com/vCoEcqVofH
    [​IMG]
    I'm soo happy for them :p

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @Darth Claire
    My question, did JJ divorce his wife or is this polygamy?:p

11. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    Would love to see Edgar Wright working in a Star Wars movie in the future. :)

Lurknomore likes this.
  12. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    It could be that Wright may be consulting on episode 7. Wouldn't surprise me if he is lining himself up for his own movie.

13. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I just rewatched some making of of the OT and if they had left these scenes as they were written in TESB, they would probably have rivaled the Anakin/Padme scenes. Proof that it is good to have another others write the dialogue and direct...

Pro Scoundrel , TheBBP, Jcuk and 2 others like this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    OMGZ Look at that video! THOSE PEOPLE CANT ACT!!! It's like Haden Christianson and Natalee Poorman all over again!!!

15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it's pretty unfair to throw any of the PT actors under the PT script bus.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  17. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh I get it! The characters in the video were adults and the characters in the PT were barely out of puberty.

Thank you for this video.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Well...at least Kurtz, Kersh and Ford knew that something was wrong.

In AOTC...it seems that nobody saw anything wrong.....so they went with the flow...

Jcuk, TK327 and Satipo like this.
  19. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    And then went and threw up in the studio bogs afterwards..

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Reminding me of what could have been just burns me up...someone should have spoke up when these guys were spouting piss poor dialogue. Cowards.

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    "Just reading this script is...intoxicating." - Lucas upon completing his screenplay for Episode II

vinsanity and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Jonathan Hales wrote the final draft of the screenplay for AOTC and is also credited as re-writing dialogue for the love story between Anakin and Padmé on set in Australia.
    He did a good job.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yes, Kurtz was terrific at noticing when things went wrong, that's why he was fired after being completely incapable of doing the one thing he was supposed to do, keeping the movie on budget.
    As if people are always right. Kurtz had plenty of ideas that were downright idiotic and it is a very good thing that they didn't make it into the movies. The same is true for pretty much everyone involved who had a modicum of influence. That's just how things work. Everyone has good and bad ideas, just like everyone has different ideas about what good and bad ideas are. Ford wanted Han Solo to die, Lucas disagreed, and in that case Lucas was right, having Han Solo die would not have been a fitting ending. That is what happens when you throw lots of ideas into the rink, you get plenty of things that work out well, plenty of things that don't work at all and plenty of things that sound nice in theory but don't work out on the screen. There is zero difference between ESB and AOTC in that regard.

Who says that nobody saw anything wrong or that no changes were made?
    I really can't stand these rubbish comments. "Oh, I didn't like something, it must be because there were just a bunch of yes-men around who didn't dare to criticise. Nothing even hints at that and it makes no sense whatsoever, but I'll say it anyway". It can't be that people had a different opinion from you, no, that's really not possible. Sometimes things just don't work out, even though everyone involved thought it might. Sometimes things are supposed to be awkward, yet don't necessarily hit the right note in attempting that.

Andy Wylde, Samnz and Darth PJ like this.
  25. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

Pro Scoundrel and Import_Jedi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.