main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Interesting but I don't know how I feel about him directing both Star Trek and now Star Wars.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Im confused. Is this good, or bad, or somthing else...

3. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  4. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
  5. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Would you really care if no-one told you about it?

YoureNotJonesy likes this.
  6. Lando8813

Lando8813 Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I have always felt that the New Star Trek was kind of like a Star Wars, Star Trek movie. As in it felt like a Star Trek movie made for Star Wars fans, if that makes any sense. Better choice than some other big names so i'll remain hopeful.

Echo-07, Episode Swag and Frank T. like this.
  7. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Nothing gets past you, does it.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    LOL at this thread. So... we get an announcement about the director and suddenly the fact that Carrie Fisher wrote a cryptic letter secretly telling us how she will never act again because Mark Hamill has stopped Tweeting because of Hayden Christensen's beard isn't news around here anymore... :rolleyes:

9. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    This is the first I've heard that it was a brewery, but i agree that when I watched those scenes it looked really bad. It was obviously some sort of industrial facility that they used to save money instead of building a set.

10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Will not believe it for certain until it is officially announced. However, if it is legit then I am both surprised and happy about it. I am a fan of Abrams, and feel he will do solid work. I have mad respect for him stepping up to the plate, since it will be an intimidating task. Really mt only director list were people I absolutely did not want touching it (Michael bay, Spielberg, Del Toro)

11. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    I suppose not but now I know it's there I hate it.

It's the same in the Empire Strikes Back I hate the Set for Yoda's world because it looks like a set.

Anyway apart from that grumble I loved his Star Trek movie.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  13. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011

I know he is a passionate Star Wars fan. As long as it's not filled with time travel and lens flares, this will be amazing! I think I remember reading he likes the EU. Anyone know the interview-thingy where he said that?

This could lead to nerd peace. Star Trek and Star Wars under one man. ORDER IS RESTORED TO THE FEDERATION AND THE FORCE!

I could totally see Ben Affleck as Corran Horn!

Echo-07, Jedi_Jen and Episode Swag like this.
  14. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    What about that says "official"? I see nobody from Lucasfilm saying this so it's not official.

And if J.J. Abrams does direct, this will be the first Star Wars film I won't see. I hate his guts. Seriously. He wanted to make Lex Luthor a Kryptonian in his original script for Superman Returns. He is a bad choice! Especially since he's already ruined Star Trek. Why would anyone let him taint Star Wars? Blasphemy!!!

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Nail, meet head.
    I would seriously watch TPM twice a day, give up sex, and swim in a sea of razor blades and lemon juice if it would undo this news. I'm as unexcited for this in direct proportion as I was excited for Episode VII.

Dear Mr. Abrams, try your hardest not to screw it up, and then please go back to making crappy films with a promise to never touch my favorite franchise again.

DarthOptimusPrime likes this.
  16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

Wow, what an incredible turn of events. His Star Trek was a great Star Wars film ;). Has a good rating on IMDB too, high hopes! This is the guy to do it.

Also, remember when Synder was the guy to direct the Seven Jedi thing, and it turned out to be false? It's not official yet.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  18. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Correction. He doesn't know jack or **** about Star Trek.

19. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I cringe at some of the mad amounts of hate towards Abrams on this thread, and then I remind myself "Some people would hate it and swear they will never watch the film no matter who directs it. All that changes is the people who get ticked about it." Genuinely curious if this news gets confirmed what the overall feeling will be amongst the majority of fans. The Star Trek issues don't bother me one bit.

20. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    That's how I feel too. Also what does this mean for the fate of the Trek reboot?! Paramount must be crapping themselves!

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Star Trek was hardly a crappy film.

Has a 8.0/10 on IMDB, and a 95% on RT. That's better than all of the prequels, heck the RT rating is better than ROTJ.

Even if you hated his Star Trek film, remember it wasn't Abrams who wrote it, it was Orci and co who wrote it. Arndt is the guy with the pen.

Dra--- and El_Machete12 like this.
  22. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Just keep the terrible trio away from it. For the love of all that's holy and with the Force, do not let Orci, Kurtzman or Lindelof anywhere near that script.

DarthBrian likes this.
  23. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Star Trek was completely a crappy film. I could explain why but it would take too long. Suffice it to say, there is nothing good about that film except maybe some of the acting. The story is bad, the script is bad, the directing is bad. Terrible terrible movie.

24. ssgorik

ssgorik Jedi Master

Jun 15, 2005
    As long as Abrams doesn't do the one thing I have a serious problem with- I'm fine with this.

Shaky cam. He actually has someone stand next to the camera and shake it. Some folks say 'don't like it, get over it'. I can't because I won't be able to watch this movie with it. I get serious migraines from shaky cam and can't watch Star Trek because of it. Vomiting. This isn't a joke to me. I can't watch a lot of movies nowadays. I love to watch movies and I love all things Star Wars. I really hope Star Wars is big enough that they tell him not to shake the cameras. Hopefully a simple reason like continuity in camera work and having the whole series have the same feel on camera will be all it takes. Other than this, I really have no problem with J.J. Abrams. I am however, really worried about this.

25. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I really hope this news turn out to be false, but if it is confirmed, I will hope for the best.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.